The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

1st year nursing timetable at Bournemouth?

Hi,
I've accepted an offer to do nursing at Bournemouth starting in September, I was wondering whether any students currently in their first year could give me an idea what the timetable is like? i.e., theory spread over how many days? how many placements are there? etc. I realise the timetables change every year, I just wanted a rough idea so I can try to plan childcare (I have 2 kids).
Thanks!
Reply 1
I'm doing nursing at a different university and our timetable was 5 days a week for the first 3 weeks, then 2/3 days a week with most half terms off. Then shift work during placements :smile: im sure if you email admissions at BU they'll be able to give you a rough idea! Top tip though - apply to poole / bournemouth hospital for child care it's lots cheaper ( apparently!!!)
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Hey. I've accepted to do nursing this September too :smile: I can't wait. Do you live in Bournemouth at the moment? I assume your not going to live in halls with a family of your own?
Reply 3
Hi I'm Emma

I live locally, I am going to uni at Bournemouth and have my placements at Poole. I have been told that the first 12 weeks are all at uni, quite full time ish. Then first placement for 6 weeks then it works, 6 weeks uni 6 weeks placement. The lecture time is less after the first placement.

Don't quote me on this mind! I also have 2 children and I have told the nursery that I need 8-6 all term time till I know!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending