The Student Room Group

2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XingBairong
Barts and St Andrew's - waiting for post-interview decision

rejected by Durham because of UKCAT (I got 737.5)

UCL biomed never reply - but who cares now? :wink:

Ok, best of luck with your other choices. Once you get one offer the rest is history :biggrin:
Haha, thankfully biomed is no longer an option for you :smile:.
Do you live far from SGUL?
Original post by purple and gold
Ok, best of luck with your other choices. Once you get one offer the rest is history :biggrin:
Haha, thankfully biomed is no longer an option for you :smile:.
Do you live far from SGUL?

Not too far... I'm in Brighton sort of area.
but I'll get an accommodation anyway if I go there.

and thanks :biggrin:
Barts and St Andrew's - waiting for post-interview decision

rejected by Durham because of UKCAT (I got 737.5)

UCL biomed never reply - but who cares now? :wink:

WTF 737.5 is a great score, they rejected you because of your UKCAT? I dont believe it :eek:
Original post by Mohid Khan
WTF 737.5 is a great score, they rejected you because of your UKCAT? I dont believe it :eek:

cut off is 745 though :L
Well, I guess I won't have to get a 2nd gap year after all!

St George's offer today!!! wooooo!

the rest will follow next month!!!

Congrats :biggrin:
Did anyone here apply for clearing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ricerules
iv got another 4 rejections so reapplying was t worth it :/ . im thinking of going abroad, anyone else thinking about it??

I got 4 rejections too:frown: im applying abroad, but as a back up if i can't find another course i'd like to do in this country
Original post by kenwyne-jones
I got 4 rejections too:frown: im applying abroad, but as a back up if i can't find another course i'd like to do in this country

I'd suggest biomed at Brighton university.
You'll be guaranteed an interview at BSMS to do medicine if you meet specific requirements. Have a look here: http://www.brighton.ac.uk/pharmacy/courses/bsms-interview.php
I'd suggest biomed at Brighton university.
You'll be guaranteed an interview at BSMS to do medicine if you meet specific requirements. Have a look here: http://www.brighton.ac.uk/pharmacy/courses/bsms-interview.php

Thanks! I might consider doing this, but it is a big gamble and i wouldnt want to carry on with the course if i get rejected, and im currently on a gap year so i wouldnt want to waste a whole other year :s-smilie:
Thanks! I might consider doing this, but it is a big gamble and i wouldnt want to carry on with the course if i get rejected, and im currently on a gap year so i wouldnt want to waste a whole other year :s-smilie:

Yes but you have 2 chances, in first year and in the last year.
Once you get an interview, you chance of getting in is about 40% which is rather high, I think.

What do you think is the reason for your 4 rejections? If we can work this out, we can go from there to boost your chance.
Yes but you have 2 chances, in first year and in the last year.
Once you get an interview, you chance of getting in is about 40% which is rather high, I think.

What do you think is the reason for your 4 rejections? If we can work this out, we can go from there to boost your chance.

ive just realised that i wouldnt qualify for the guaranteed interview because im resitting an alevel into a third year and it states on the website you need AAAB in one sitting. And i got 4 rejections cos im a resit candidate (probably)
ive just realised that i wouldnt qualify for the guaranteed interview because im resitting an alevel into a third year and it states on the website you need AAAB in one sitting. And i got 4 rejections cos im a resit candidate (probably)

OK that does make it very very tricky. Any special circumstances?
Original post by Nandos94
Hey, I ended up apply for an NHS job as a HCA last year. See like you I hadn't considered it would actually be quite THAT tough to find one, and I only started looking for one come post-results day. According to your question, some of them have essential/desirable tables in the person specification. It's worth looking at these but these aren't always gospel. Just make sure you've got them largely ticked off, and even those that way they require an NVQ, just go for it. Obviously just be wise about them, but most band 2 jobs should be okay.

What I was told, once I got my job, is that the main way to be a good candidate is to complete the form on the NHS jobs website fully, and also write a killer accompanying statement/personal statement/covering letter. Apparently that's what got me my job, well the interview, which is a huge amount of the work done.

I guess the main pointers I'd give is:
Start looking early, use NHS jobs, google and whatever else, but make sure you have enough time to enjoy your summer too. I've only worked 5 months, and I've found that is more than enough to learn ALOT, and make a decent amount of money.
Write a decent covering letter/statement with your application and fill out the whole form on NHS jobs.
Be prepared to do what is required :P It's not all easy come easy go, there is quite a few things which you've got to make sure you're comfortable with. Even so, you do learn alot, despite the fact you do the job you're doing.

Anything else just ask!

Hey could you send me a link to the website please or the application form can't seem to find it.
did anyone here apply for clearing?

Do you mean for medicine courses or different courses?

If you meant medicine courses, there are no medicine courses (to my knowledge) that go into clearing
Original post by minhle20
Do you mean for medicine courses or different courses?

If you meant medicine courses, there are no medicine courses (to my knowledge) that go into clearing

NO FLIPPING WAY :banghead:
NO FLIPPING WAY :banghead:

Yep sorry about that. I had a look on clearing last year but there were no medicine courses :frown:

I'm guessing you have 4 rejections?
Reply 3997

There are a few medical schools I have heard of that have given offers to rejected candidates near A level results day, but those are usually isolated cases when a significant number of people did not achieve the grade requirements for instance.
officially FAILED at life :mad2:
officially FAILED at life :mad2:

Failing to get into medicine in the uk is certainly not failing life, stay positive - you still have plenty of options available! Would you not consider going abroad or taking the graduate route?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest