The Student Room Group

UMS marks calculator

I remember seeing on here last year a calculator that would take your UMS marks for AS and calculate how many UMS marks you would need at A2 in order to get each overall grade.

Does this exist or am I just imagining it? I'm having difficulty finding it. I would need one which is compatible with the current spec four unit (2 AS + 2 A2) A-level.

Thanks in advance,

Tim
I don't quite see why you need some sort of programme; you just need 80% UMS for an A, 70% for a B etc. . So just work out what that is out of the total for the A Level, subtract the marks you got at AS, and you get how many marks you need at A2 to get that grade.
timROGERS
I remember seeing on here last year a calculator that would take your UMS marks for AS and calculate how many UMS marks you would need at A2 in order to get each overall grade.

Does this exist or am I just imagining it? I'm having difficulty finding it. I would need one which is compatible with the current spec four unit (2 AS + 2 A2) A-level.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

You don't need a calculator!

It is 320 UMS (A) 280 (B) 240 (C) 200 (D) 160 (E). Look at what you have now and subtract it from these boundaries.
Revolution is my Name
I don't quite see why you need a some sort of programme; you just need 80% UMS for an A, 70% for a B etc. . So just work out what that is out of the total for the A Level, subtract the marks you got at AS, and you get how many marks you need at A2 to get that grade.

Over half of the population of this country have no idea how to find 80% of a quantity.
Reply 4
Thanks guys, I don't need a calculator. Don't worry Mr M, I don't have any difficulty working out 80% haha. I just didn't know how the grade boundaries worked, but now I know...thanks all! :smile:
Reply 5
Mr M
Over half of the population of this country have no idea how to find 80% of a quantity.

Seeing as the majority of exams are marked out of 100, I don't think many would have the problem.

Latest