The Student Room Group

WHSmith online application

Hello

I am in the middle of completing my online application but I have a small problem.

This question puzzled me:
"Please explain where and when you received the best customer service and the key reasons why the service was so good."

Is it a trick question? Or is it just a question to identify whether I would make a good customer advisor because I am able to spot good customer service when I see it? (...if that makes any sense)

thanks
its not a trick question.

Just write a fairly detailed example of exceptional customer service.
I work for Smiths in the holidays. Bloody awful place to work.
Reply 3
poetic_harriyot
I work for Smiths in the holidays. Bloody awful place to work.

i used to think it was okay until i didn't get hardly any pay :frown: I like the place overall but why can't overtime be payed in the next paycheck???!?!??!?!

and to the OP:
Say smiths, they enjoy a good arselicking haha, it was on my application form and i got the job :redface:
what is pay at whs (under 18) and what do they do at the interview thanks
Reply 5
gbtesh
what is pay at whs (under 18) and what do they do at the interview thanks

£4.28 until 3 months and then £4.81

They have indervidual interviews (well they did for me) and they just ask you why you want to work there etc etc i said it tied in with my options at college - thats a good thing to say because my boss seemed impressed, and they just ask about you and your results etc, just smile a lot and sound enthusiastic is the best advice i can give :smile:
Beckieee

They have indervidual interviews (well they did for me) and they just ask you why you want to work there etc etc i said it tied in with my options at college - thats a good thing to say because my boss seemed impressed, and they just ask about you and your results etc, just smile a lot and sound enthusiastic is the best advice i can give :smile:

nice thanks
Beckieee

Thanks. How did you link it with college? Are you studying English?
Reply 8
I'm still on £4.28 and I've been there for 10 months now! All the new staff are getting more than me now and they just started...
Reply 9
callum9999
Thanks. How did you link it with college? Are you studying English?

Yep, english language, media, photography and psychology. I said the job fits in as good experience of what i want to do :smile:

and Payge, you should be on £4.81 - how many hours do you do?
I'm rather puzzled by the CV headline. I'm not an "Award winning designer" but applying for my first part time job. Ideas, examples would be useful please!
Reply 11
Beckieee
and Payge, you should be on £4.81 - how many hours do you do?

I'm contracted to do 11 hours every weekend but I do a few extra hours and I've done over 100 hours overtime this summer. I think I need a new job anyways, I'm feeling a bit bored! Hopefully it'll pay better:p:
Reply 12
Beckieee

it's 5.13 once you're 18. And it's not a bad place to work, really. Especially if you're on books, though I guess it depends on the store.
One does not think you need to be truthful in this question. After all, they can't check what you say in this question. Any extra advice or examples would be most useful.
I'm applying for a job online atm, but am stumped by this question;

'Please can you outline below the work experience that you can offer WHSmith including how many years experience and Key Performance Indicators (targets) that you have worked to;'

The last few jobs I've had, have only been temperary ones which have been much less than a year long. In my last one (Xmas temp at Wilkos) targets were never mentioned to me at all, in the one before that there was a specific target, and in the one before that (general assistant at a bakery) the targets changed from day to day because it was to help the shop reach a certain amount of money by the end of the day. They were never phrased as 'Key Performance Indicators' in any of the jobs though. Has anyone else applied online there recently, who could tell me how I could go about answering it, because I'm not sure how precise they want me to be.
Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent
I'm applying for a job online atm, but am stumped by this question;

'Please can you outline below the work experience that you can offer WHSmith including how many years experience and Key Performance Indicators (targets) that you have worked to;'

The last few jobs I've had, have only been temperary ones which have been much less than a year long. In my last one (Xmas temp at Wilkos) targets were never mentioned to me at all, in the one before that there was a specific target, and in the one before that (general assistant at a bakery) the targets changed from day to day because it was to help the shop reach a certain amount of money by the end of the day. They were never phrased as 'Key Performance Indicators' in any of the jobs though. Has anyone else applied online there recently, who could tell me how I could go about answering it, because I'm not sure how precise they want me to be.

I work in a charity shop, so I was never told of any targets, so I focused on what I did on a daily basis. Working on the till, stock control, things like that. I can't help you much on the targets bit, but I would explain what your employer would've called "Key Performance Indicators" and what you tried to do to meet the goals set on a daily basis (In regards to the bakery).
Reply 16
how do you actually get the application form for whs
Im 15 but i get my NI in February if i applied now would i be able to get a job or would i have to get my NI first?

Quick Reply

Latest