The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy in 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Anyone had an offers or interviews yet?? xx
Reply 21
Hi I'm applying to cardiff, southampton, oxford brookes and liverpool. Sent my application off four weeks ago but my references still haven't been finished! I was wondering if anyone remembered what number they put for student support? I put two but am worried that it's meant to be five. Thanks.
Reply 22
Original post by zoeclarex
i emailed liverpool about it and i got an email saying ucas had changed and liverpool changed to unconditional! super happy! good luck to you :3 we might be on the same course if you come liverpool xx

Wow well done!! :biggrin: I hope so, liverpool is my first choice xx
Reply 23
Original post by rosemary22
Hi I'm applying to cardiff, southampton, oxford brookes and liverpool. Sent my application off four weeks ago but my references still haven't been finished! I was wondering if anyone remembered what number they put for student support? I put two but am worried that it's meant to be five. Thanks.

Hi I put 2 at first, but when my application got sent to referee, they sent it back to me saying it was supposed to be 5. xx
Reply 24

ohh, im sure you'll be fine though :smile: cumbria&york were two of my choices too, apparently Yorks a beautiful place ahah and Ive heard Cumbria's pretty good.
good luck! :smile: xx

I had an interview at York for OT last year - fell in love with the place, but it was abit too far away for me unfortunately :frown: x
Original post by rosemary22

iv applied to cardiff and southampton too! its killing me waiting to hear from unis, i really wanna go to cardiff!
Reply 26
Original post by keh93
Hi I put 2 at first, but when my application got sent to referee, they sent it back to me saying it was supposed to be 5. xx

Hi thanks I've changed it :smile:
Reply 27
[QUOTE=emily :) [excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];34756345]iv applied to cardiff and southampton too! its killing me waiting to hear from unis, i really wanna go to cardiff!

Hi cardiff is my favourite too but I'm worried that some students have to pay fees. I'm really hoping i get some offers! My application should be sent by my tutor tomorrow, I'm just waiting on my reference from my English teacher. When did you send your's off?
(edited 12 years ago)
hi :smile: i sent mine off a couple of weeks ago and have an interview at UEA but not heard from any of the others :/
Reply 29
Hey I am a lad and not many lads seem to do this course!? I have applied to UEA, Derby, YSJ, Liverpool and Coventry! Heard everything from all of them apart from York St John! I want to go to either Cov or YSJ or UEA. I just want an offer! is there any other lads applying to this?
Reply 30
Original post by dtoint
Hey I am a lad and not many lads seem to do this course!? I have applied to UEA, Derby, YSJ, Liverpool and Coventry! Heard everything from all of them apart from York St John! I want to go to either Cov or YSJ or UEA. I just want an offer! is there any other lads applying to this?

When did you apply? How long did it take to hear back from Cov? I've applied there and not heard anything back yet.:frown:

Sorry, but as the name suggests i'm not a bloke!!:smile:

Good luck!
Reply 31
Original post by dtoint

No it does seem to be very female dominated! there is another lad at my school applying though and when i was on work experience i did meet a male OT but he was gay! I've also applied to Derby, Coventry and YSJ but i've not heard anything, have you had an interview offers?
Reply 32
yes one interview from UEA and Liverpool have been emailing me a lot! YSJ take ages to apply apparently but I know someone who has an offer there already but no to do OT. Have you looked round YSJ? its awesome! and yeah it is a lot of women that do it but I need some lads on the course haha!
Reply 33
I got an offer from liverpool! Conditional BCC :biggrin: x
Reply 34
Original post by keh93

Congrats!! I just recieved an interview from Oxford Brookes x
Reply 35
Original post by keh93

Congrats! When did you apply? I've applied to liverpool too and am just wondering how long they tend to take to give offers or rejections!
Reply 36
Has anyone heard from Coventry???
Helloo,
I've applied to study Occupational Therapy in 2012 and I have applied for Sheffield Hallam, York St John, Huddersfield and Cumbria (Lancaster campus). I also applied for Liverpool but they declined me due to 'no evidence of recent academic study' somehow.. (even though I did my a-levels in 2010 and then went onto do a year of a foundation degree in teaching but decided it wasnt for me so reapplying to do OT!)

But yeah (: anyone else applying to any of these unis for OT? And does anyone know which universities do interviews or not? :biggrin: xx

Hey!

I've just sent mine off today. Tried to do it at 11:11am so that it would have been extra lucky (what with today being 11/11/11) but alas, I wasted time reading my PS 500 million times to make sure all mistakes were gone :P

I have applied to Northumbria, Teesside, Sheffield Hallam (Like you!) Bradford and Southampton. Hope to hear from them soon! xx
Original post by gaz2612
Hi, I want to apply to do OT starting next summer but dont really have too much experience in the field. I do have some experience as a volunteer in mental health nursing, but no direct experience related to OT. So I'm wondering what experience everyone who's posted on this thread had before applying to universities.

zoeclarex..................what do you think you had that made you stand out of the crowd and get into liverpool with an unconditonal offer? loads of work experience? (Well done btw :smile:)

Thanks
Gareth

Hi Gareth :smile:

I managed to nab a full day with an OT working with adults in the community with disabilities. I was able to observe a "day in the life of an OT" despite the knowledge that obviously as an OT, each day is different. I also was allowed to ask a team of OT's questions about their experiences and why they love their job, and really excited me about the prospect of becoming an OT. Prior to this, I had work experience in a primary school with younger children, and engaged in a programme called "The reading Challenge" whereby I was able to watch a student with limited literacy skills develop into a confident speaking, very capable girl, which obviously is reflexive of OT. The very fact you have experience with people works extremely in your favour, and the fact that it is NOT OT related is almost irrelevant, as all "people" experience, is an OT experience, so don't worry about it!
Reply 39
Original post by Jadelyndsey
Hey!

I've just sent mine off today. Tried to do it at 11:11am so that it would have been extra lucky (what with today being 11/11/11) but alas, I wasted time reading my PS 500 million times to make sure all mistakes were gone :P

I have applied to Northumbria, Teesside, Sheffield Hallam (Like you!) Bradford and Southampton. Hope to hear from them soon! xx

haha! aw, well good luckk :biggrin: im sure you'll get offers in no time! cant wait to start, its ages away! xx

Quick Reply

Latest