The Student Room Group

The DFID one year graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by GdotL
Haha, you applied too?

Afraid not no, I'd love to but I'd like to do a masters first. If I end up in development I'll probably just go straight through the ODI postgrad economist route.

Good luck to everyone though, development needs all the budding brains it can get + never listen to anyone tell you money would be better spent in the UK than in Pakistan/India/Uganda etc
Reply 61
Original post by GdotL
Come on, don't be stupid now.

you should have said silly, that came off really rude, now people are going to think your a muj
Reply 62
Original post by jus2sik
you should have said silly, that came off really rude, now people are going to think your a muj

I don't need you to tell me what to say! :dry:
Guys, could we bring it back to the DFID graduate scheme please? :smile:
Reply 64
Original post by ellie_flower

This is TSR. Cost of doing business, I'm afraid.
Reply 65
Original post by ellie_flower

So I'm guessing nobody has any friends who did the assessment centre last week to give us any tips, so we're all just waiting anxiously with no information!
Except you, who should definitely just accept your Fast Stream offer!
Reply 66
Who's negging everyone? Bastard.
GdotL you don't need to be so aggressive and confrontational to people on here they are just nervous applicants like you.
Reply 68
Original post by MagicNMedicine
GdotL you don't need to be so aggressive and confrontational to people on here they are just nervous applicants like you.

All I said was 'we're all waiting anxiously' etc....anyway never mind, no biggie. xoxo
Reply 69
Original post by GdotL
I don't need you to tell me what to say! :dry:

moo
Reply 70
Does anyone know anyone who has got a response to their application? If so , when did they apply? I'm trying to work out when to expect the dreaded email. I sent mine off March 6th.
Original post by elliot1988
Does anyone know anyone who has got a response to their application? If so , when did they apply? I'm trying to work out when to expect the dreaded email. I sent mine off March 6th.

As it says 20th April on the website I would guess the 20th April...

No point emailing them asking about it, if I was going through them and somebody did that I would probably fish out their application for the reject pile.
Reply 72
Hi,
Just found this, I've applied for DFID grad scheme aswell.. Its the the 20th April onwards they will release interview offers from,
I sent mine off on the deadline day!
Reply 73
That would suck. I want to know now! :biggrin:. Somebody mentioned before that they knew someone who had already been to their assessment centre ( roughly a week ago now).
Reply 74
Original post by elliot1988

Original post by Chapeau Rouge
As it says 20th April on the website I would guess the 20th April...

No point emailing them asking about it, if I was going through them and somebody did that I would probably fish out their application for the reject pile.

Original post by lcsurfer
Hi,
Just found this, I've applied for DFID grad scheme aswell.. Its the the 20th April onwards they will release interview offers from,

As mentioned earlier on in the thread, the first AC has already taken place early this month. So successful applicants can probably expect to hear before the 20th, with all the rejection emails coming out on the last day, I would imagine.
Hmm. Hopefully all the development coursework I'm stuck with for the next month can act as interview preparation if I magically get through. :tongue:
Reply 76
Original post by lcsurfer
Hi,

Hi! I sent mine off deadline day too. Did you ever get a message acknowledging receipt of your application (apart from the generic automated one that got bounced back straight away?)
Original post by peasoup
Hi! I sent mine off deadline day too. Did you ever get a message acknowledging receipt of your application (apart from the generic automated one that got bounced back straight away?)

Same here - only got the generic automated acknowledgment.
Reply 78
has anyone else heard anything? Does anyone have any idea when the next AC will be? and what standard of people they're expecting? masters, ba? just so frustrating waiting.
Reply 79
Original post by dingdong
.... what standard of people they're expecting? masters, ba?

At the event they held at my uni, they said having a Masters would not be viewed as an advantage. They are looking to give people their 'first step up on the ladder' so are just as interested in finding BAs as they are MAs.

No idea if that's changed, but that's what they said on the day.

Quick Reply

Latest