The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Chinese
Reply 2
how do you define hard?
Reply 3
I did both the French and the International Baccalaureate, and I would say that the latter is much harder.
Reply 4
Cbse
Reply 5
crazyhelicopter
Chinese

From my experience taking to Chinese kids, I'd say this. They seem to work all hours of the day and the competition is scarily fierce.
Reply 6
On the level of university admission and last grade of school I would say one of the hardest is Greek. But it is not so hard in other levels.
Reply 7
I think it would be very hard for people to judge this, and the majority of people will only have been through one/two education systems in their life. So most opinions are going to be based on what's in the press.
I have been in the British system and the French system and found that the french was much, much harder as you continue every subject until the very end of your school career.
Reply 9
This is right but if you interact with people all around the world and also if you get informed on details of other systems, you can have some opinion, although not the most corresponding to reality.
Reply 10
the maltese system in crazy, they do their own versions of a-levels and last year only 1 person in the whole country got an A in their english a-level!
Reply 11
welcome to the machine
I have been in the British system and the French system and found that the french was much, much harder as you continue every subject until the very end of your school career.

exactement
Reply 12
welcome to the machine

yes, but having fewer subjects allows you to go more in-depth. anyway, i would say chinese since chinese kids from year 10 can probably kick my ass at maths.
Indian?
Singapore comes to mind. Source.
Japanese?
Reply 16
By the difficulty of course content on the year immediately before university?

Either Singapore of Hong Kong.
China won't be because they run 4-year university degree courses and thus their students enter university 1 year earlier.
Reply 17
Indian system is hardest and a close second is the chinese system.
Trust me, the hardest education system is that in Bangladesh...no other is as harder!

I can explain if people want.
Singaporian, HK... I'd say that the IB is by far the hardest "common" qualification that one sees around the West