The Student Room Group

AQA A2 BIOL5 22nd June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thegodofgod
I think the 3 breadth marks are for including at least one relevant point from each of the 4 units; 1, 2, 4, and 5.

What's the mark scheme like for the off-spec stuff? :ninja:

Thanks! I would think that for off-spec stuff as long as you've mentioned 1 or 2 things it should be okay? *shrugs*
For the synoptic questions the content of the CGP revision guides (AS and A2) will suffice, in my opinion.
Reply 102
Guys there is BIOLOGY TUITION that is taught at a competitive price from £9.
Reply 103
I need a D/C to get the grade I want.

How difficult will this be ??
Not done much revision for this, as I was focused on my other subjects aargh.
Reply 104
Also - how much 'detail' do I need for this essay..??? Don't really know what to revise tbh
Going to cover Muscles & Homeostasis today, been slacking so much on this unit. Today it will be done.
Original post by EffKayy
Also - how much 'detail' do I need for this essay..??? Don't really know what to revise tbh

As much as possible without having to deviate from the essay title :s-smilie:
Original post by LifeIsGood
Going to cover Muscles & Homeostasis today, been slacking so much on this unit. Today it will be done.

Everyone in my school's so screwed for this unit - the most important one!

We haven't even talked about the synoptic / started doing practice essays.

We haven't covered the following topics in Unit 5:

Haven't finished Muscle Contraction

Homeostasis

Feedback Mechanisms

And we've "covered" all of the Genetics, but with no structure in our "notes" whatsoever. This means that I'm going to have to learn from scratch:

Genetic Control of Protein Structure and Function

Control of Gene Expression

DNA Technology - which is a damn massive topic!

Stupid ****ing EMPA ruining my life - we wasted at least 6 weeks worth of lessons on that bull****. So that's 24 hrs worth of lessons. FML. :rant:

/rant

Homeostasis

Feedback Mechanisms

And we've "covered" all of the Genetics, but with no structure in our "notes" whatsoever. This means that I'm going to have to learn from scratch:

Stupid ****ing EMPA ruining my life - we wasted at least 6 weeks worth of lessons on that bull****. So that's 24 hrs worth of lessons. FML. :rant:

/rant

Like me. I haven't done anything because our teachers keep switching back and forth and made it so difficult to keep up with the topics.
Reply 109

Homeostasis

Feedback Mechanisms

/rant

We haven't covered muscle contraction/homeostatis either.
Done all of the genetics stuff - but i haven't learnt it... :redface: Too damn boring.

And the EMPA :facepalm: :frown: ..
Hate AQA biology

/rant

My EMPA cost me my grade A in biology :frown:

Hate AQA Bio.
Original post by Bright.Inspiration.
My EMPA cost me my grade A in biology :frown:

Hate AQA Bio.

Tell me about it - it cost me my grade A at AS too :mad:

Got a ****ing C in the EMPA!
Did unexepectedly well in my AS ISA resit and my A2 ISA, so I think i'm going to push for an A as long as it doesn't cost me the A's in the subjects I need. Did a few essays in class the other day, I didn't realise just how synoptic this module is and i'm really worried that i'll spend too much time going over all the other units and essay structures and it will impact on my other subjects. :s
Reply 113
Tell me about it - it cost me my grade A at AS too :mad:

Got a ****ing C in the EMPA!

I also depsise EMPAs and ISAs. Cost me my grade at AS too. :redface:

Got As in both unit 1 and 2 then unit 3 I think I got a C. :mad:

At A2 unit 4 will probably cost me my A grade.
Original post by Besakt
I also depsise EMPAs and ISAs. Cost me my grade at AS too. :redface:

Got As in both unit 1 and 2 then unit 3 I think I got a C. :mad:

At A2 unit 4 will probably cost me my A grade.

LOL - Units 1,2, and 4 were all borderline A/B for me; Unit 1 - 80/100, Unit 2 - 110/140, Unit 4 - 80/100 :tongue:

Stupid EMPA dragged it down further with 36/60 :mad:

Didn't you do Unit 4 this Jan? :eek:
unit 4 screwed me up nicely. got a D in it, but retaking to get a B overall. Got a high C last year......
Reply 116
Original post by James A
unit 4 screwed me up nicely. got a D in it, but retaking to get a B overall. Got a high C last year......

You basically stole my life.
Stop that!

Unit 5 is horrible, I want the furry animals back!
Original post by Roxas
You basically stole my life.
Stop that!

Unit 5 is horrible, I want the furry animals back!

i actually like unit 5 more. Unit 4 ecology was the part i hated with a passion. I prefer the biochemistry/human biology because that's what i will be learning about too when studying my pharmacy degree.
Reply 118
LOL - Units 1,2, and 4 were all borderline A/B for me; Unit 1 - 80/100, Unit 2 - 110/140, Unit 4 - 80/100 :tongue:

Stupid EMPA dragged it down further with 36/60 :mad:

Didn't you do Unit 4 this Jan? :eek:

I got
unit 1 - 80/100,
unit 2 - 132/140 (I have no idea how I did this I spent a night revising this unit but it was a resit got boarderline A first time round,
unit 3 - 52/60 (Again no idea how I did this I guess I was just lucky because first three times I did the ISA I got U's and one E),
unit 4 - 63/100 (****ing ecology got a C :mad:),
unit 6 - estimating a UMS of about 46/60 based on last years grade boundaries.

This means I am on just over an A. I'm resitting unit 1 and 4 and doing 5 this summer. If I get a B in any subject it will most likely be biology because of their awkward questions and mark scheme.
Reply 119
Hmm, i wish i could remember all my individual marks D:

Does anyone have a good resource for the muscle contraction and the Na K channels? My teacher didn't explain this too well and i'm pretty confused, any help would be fantastic! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending