The Student Room Group

Clubbing and getting girls

Hi,

Well I don't exactly think i'm the best looking guy.. i'd say that maybe I am a 6/10 but in some photos I can look like an 8/10 and others a 5/10 when i'm drunk..

Now in the past I have had a lot of confidence issues, I used to feel shy around girls, but now i've got over that and am trying to eliminate this shyness completely.
I recently came back from holiday and met a few girls who thought I was hot, and got off with about 5 or 6 who were all pretty good looking (so I can't be that bad?) and this was all from them making the first move..

I went out clubbing a few nights ago for the first time since holiday and this girl came up to me while I was dancing with some mates, she kept looking at me and smiling/laughing as I was dancing, then she kept pinching my nipples and lifted up my t shirt.. then she kept dancing in front of me like really close to me - do you think she wanted me to grind her? because she had her arse like literally almost touching me and I just didn't know whether to or not because i'm still not totally confident. She walked away soon after that though.

So what i'm asking here really is, if a girl comes really close to you and starts dancing, even if she's facing away from you, does that mean she wants to dance with you?

I also met another girl in the smoking area when she asked for a lighter (this is a surprisingly good way to meet people) and because I was wearing a stripy top she kept calling me Wally from 'where's wally' and I was a bit drunk at the time but she said I had nice hair I remember.. I saw her on the dancefloor near the end and she came and tapped me on the shoulder and said 'Hi wally!' but then my friends dragged me away to go :frown:

So all in all this is a bit of a ramble, but it has increased my confidence because girls have come up to me even though I don't think i'm amazing looking. But yeah, do you think I should have danced with that first girl and maybe tried to go further? she was kind of dancing around our group of friends but she kept touching me and smiling at me which she wasn't doing to the others..
Reply 1
If pinching your nipples and lifting your shirt isn't a sign then I don't know what is...

Next time just go for it. It was on a plate for you!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by MancBoy
If pinching your nipples and lifting your shirt isn't a sign then I don't know what is...

Next time just go for it. It was on a plate for you!

I know, in hindsight I feel like an idiot, but at the time I just wasn't sure! I guess I'm just scared of being rejected.. and I felt intimidated because I was dancing with 3 friends.. and 1 of them is very good looking, although he has a girlfriend.. and I'd say that maybe I am the next best looking but it's close. I was just surprised that she picked me because normally my other friend gets most of the attention
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I know, in hindsight I feel like an idiot, but at the time I just wasn't sure! I guess I'm just scared of being rejected.. and I felt intimidated because I was dancing with 3 friends.. and 1 of them is very good looking, although he has a girlfriend.. and I'd say that maybe I am the next best looking but it's close. I was just surprised that she picked me because normally my other friend gets most of the attention

Wow I am in the exact same position as you. I once had a girl grind on me so hard and I just stood there like a statue looking daft and not knowing what to do. I was too scared that if I grinded back that she would slap me or something. Looking back at it...it was quite frankly a definite shag! and I made myself look like an absolute prick. In most cases girls will never out rightly say that they like you in clubbing environments, instead they will back up on your cock and wait for you to make the move. Silly, I know :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by MancBoy
Wow I am in the exact same position as you. I once had a girl grind on me so hard and I just stood there like a statue looking daft and not knowing what to do. I was too scared that if I grinded back that she would slap me or something. Looking back at it...it was quite frankly a definite shag! and I made myself look like an absolute prick. In most cases girls will never out rightly say that they like you in clubbing environments, instead they will back up on your cock and wait for you to make the move. Silly, I know :smile:

Haha, yes I've had a moment like that as well.. I guess next time I should just be more confident, but it's really off putting when my friends are right next to me :rolleyes:
As a girl, I can say that if a girl is lifting up your shirt and pinching your nipples then she's not going to mind you grinding her. Also, if a girl is coming up close, and not just forced close against you by the crowd, then I would definitely risk putting your hand on her waist. As a girl I know that I don't tend to mind a guy attempting, or even doing a little bump and grind, if he goes any further and I don't want him to then I will just politely move away. But I think as a rule of thumb, if a girl's coming up to you, there really is no harm in going for it - you only live once!
Reply 6
Original post by gypsyclimber
As a girl, I can say that if a girl is lifting up your shirt and pinching your nipples then she's not going to mind you grinding her. Also, if a girl is coming up close, and not just forced close against you by the crowd, then I would definitely risk putting your hand on her waist. As a girl I know that I don't tend to mind a guy attempting, or even doing a little bump and grind, if he goes any further and I don't want him to then I will just politely move away. But I think as a rule of thumb, if a girl's coming up to you, there really is no harm in going for it - you only live once!

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it! I will do this next time I get the chance. :smile:

The photos from the night are on Facebook now, so do you think it would be weird if I added this girl from them if she has tagged herself in one? I'm a bit wary whether to anyway, because I look horrible in all of the photos thanks to the £1 drinks..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending