The Student Room Group

How old do you have to be to get a brazilian wax?

Me and my friend are considering getting a brazilian wax and we just wanted to know how old you'd have to be to get one done at a salon because we're too scared yo did it ourselves. We're both 15 and we're turning 16 in a couple of months, I read somewhere that if you're 16 you have to get parental consent but the idea of asking my mum about that mortifies me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
You should probably call a couple of local salons to see whether they want parental approval. If they do, you either have to tell your mum or go to another salon and tell them you're 16...
Is it just me or is there something odd about a 15 year old wanting a brazillian wax? :erm:
Reply 3
I don't know for sure, I'm sure the manager of the salon would make the decision if there's no law on it.
But I doubt you'd get one under 16 seeing the only reason you'd want one is because you have some intention of having sex, and sex with under 16's is illegal.
I doubt there's an actual law on it. But salons might have their own rules about a minimum age.

Original post by sarahthegemini
Is it just me or is there something odd about a 15 year old wanting a brazillian wax? :erm:

Indeed.

You shouldn't be having sex at that age and the main reason to have one done is to be tidy for your partner. Although I did trim at that age, but what was to make periods less messy . . .
(edited 11 years ago)
Me and my best friend went at 15 and no one asked for parental permission, I would never have guessed you might need it!
Reply 6
Kids don't get to be kids these days.

I was still messing around and having a laugh and goofing off with my friends at 15, not caring about having a perfectly hairless crotch. You have the rest of your life to worry about that kind of thing, I have no idea why teens want to grow up so quick...
Reply 7
Original post by anony.mouse
I doubt there's an actual law on it. But salons might have their own rules about a minimum age.

Indeed.

You shouldn't be having sex at that age and the main reason to have one done is to be tidy for your partner. Although I did trim at that age, but what was to make periods less messy . . .

OK one reason for waxing is to be nice for a partner, but it's not the only one. Periods as you say are another. There's also liking the look or feel of it for yourself, and fitting in with certain kinds of clothing. For example, I was a keen athlete at school and ran in bikini-type racing briefs which pretty much require waxing due to the risk of stubble/razor burn with shaving. Others might be gymnasts or dancers who wear leotards, or swimmers.
Reply 8
I'm not sure if there is an age limit, but it's a bit unfair on the beautician to ask her to wax an underage crotch. It would probably be quite uncomfortable for her. I wouldn't be willing to do it and I know a lot of my beautician friends would find it strange.

The salon I use doesn't allow anyone under the age of 18 to get them so I'm unsure. Why do you want to get it waxed anyway? If you're too embarrassed to talk to your mother about pubic hair then you aren't old enough in my opinion. If you also can't understand the concept of ringing a local salon to ask or find that too embarrassing then you also aren't old enough.

I don't know, something about it seems uncomfortable. If you want to remove your pubic hair just shave until you're 18. I can't see a reason why you would want waxed genitals at 15.
Reply 9
Original post by BluntSword
I don't know for sure, I'm sure the manager of the salon would make the decision if there's no law on it.
But I doubt you'd get one under 16 seeing the only reason you'd want one is because you have some intention of having sex, and sex with under 16's is illegal.

Excuse you, rude much? I have no intention of having sex, I just wanted to know how old you had to be because I was considering doing it AFTER I turned 16. I don't appreciate you jumping to conclusions when you know nothing about me, okay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No idea.

It's a little unsettling that you'd want to get a brazillian wax at 15/16 though.
Reply 11
lol it's funny how it's only girls who contemplate shaving their private parts together :lol:
Reply 12
I started getting it done in a salon when I was 17, but nobody ever asked how old I was so I don't think there are specific laws on it or anything. I would imagine it's just up to the individual salon's discretion. Your best bet would just be to ring and ask.
Reply 13
Personally, I don't get why you're so weird about it. As long as you're being responsible then there's nothing wrong. Plus, I was shaving before I lost my virginity, I just personally don't really like the look of pubes on myself.
I'd like to just say that waxing is not just to prepare for sex? It can also help girls be less embarrassed about going out in their bathing suit, or help them feel more beautiful in their own skin. Assigning sexual connotations to stuff like this will only increase the difficulty of trying to stop the sexualiztaion of young girls.
this honestly makes me so angry, the sexualisation of this is unreal, if a 15 year old girl wants to get rid of her pubes, what's wrong with that, what is so sexual about that? why should it have to be to prepare for a partner? this may come as a shocker byt some people do things for themselves soemtimes, not just to please others, smh😴
Reply 16
Im a very active highschool student i dont just focus on laying around and giggle with my friends all day like you did I swim they gave us swimming uniforms and I don't want my hair showing what's wrong with that??? Why does it always mean were trying to grow up fast or that we're out here opening are legs for some lame why can't it mean that we're trying to take care of ourselves???And that generation stuff you minds well suck it up because it doesn't stay the same hun sorry

Latest

Trending

Trending