The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Ask the uni?
One of the biggest problems you might have is to do with student finance.

I'm not sure if you'd be able to get a grant for a different course. Be sure to look into that. :smile:
Sweet-Euphoria
One of the biggest problems you might have is to do with student finance.

I'm not sure if you'd be able to get a grant for a different course. Be sure to look into that. :smile:

It's not usually a big issue, especially for a course transfer within the same uni. I think the SLC generally allow a loan for the original length of your course + 1 year, so even if you end up having to start in the first year of a new course, you should be okay for finance (though with another year's worth of loan to repay, of course). I've transferred course myself, and there's just a fairly simple form to fill in - CO1, I think - to let the SLC know your new course details (the procedure's probably different for online applications).
Speak to your personal tutor.
Reply 5
alkaeda
Im not happy with the content of my current course and im just finishing 1st year. Looking at next years content i really want to change... im doing an e-business course at liverpool but want to change to do business studies. Is it possible to transfer ? What should i do?

Yes you can change, and its relevatively easy to do. I changed my course after the first year: I was doing the LLB and hated it, it just wasnt for me.

First you'll need to speak to the admissions people, and actually check that they will allow you on the course you want, due to numbers etc. I dont think you'll have a problem but better off making sure anyway. Then let your personal tutor know, or the module/year leader within your current course. They will need to you sign a form to say that you are changing, which you then take to the new department, and get them to sign it to. Thats it basically.

Then you'll need to let your student loans/LEA know. You'll be fine, as when I changed they told me that they allow 'one false start' so it shouldnt affect the money you get.

Good luck! :smile: