The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Mmmm strange :confused:
... says who?

it doesn't look like it at all... is it just cos it's in the shadow?
I've seen that before, and I still don't get it - all I see is 2 different shades :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Yeah they look completely different to me.. :frown:
Trust me - the colours are different. If you are not convinved, put a hole in a piece of paper and move the hole over each square, and back again.
Reply 6
tami*
... says who?

it doesn't look like it at all... is it just cos it's in the shadow?

Try using the colour picker in photoshop or paint. You'll see it's exactly the same color.

I don't understand how it works either :s-smilie:
Reply 7
I was just a bit of a dork and pasted it onto MS Paint...then used the colour dropper tool thingy, to check if they were identical, and they are. How strange! They really don't look the same at all :biggrin: haha.
Proof that they're the same shade:

Spoiler

HappinessHappening
Trust me - the colours are different. If you are not convinved, put a hole in a piece of paper and move the hole over each square, and back again.

The colours are the SAME. You see them as different colours becuase of the different shades of backgroung. Trust me, I have covered this in my lectures. It's just way the visual system works.
Reply 10
No, they are exactly the same. The illusion referrs only to the two squares labelled A & B specifically.

Open the image with Photoshop, use eydropper on both squares - identical.
I find blinking my eyes rapidly whilst looking at them, then stopping shows to them as the same. Dunno why.
Reply 12

This shows quite well that they're the same colour.
Reply 13
Indievertigo
I find blinking my eyes rapidly whilst looking at them, then stopping shows to them as the same. Dunno why.

What even gave you that idea, lol.
Oh, ha. It's because of the colour of the letters. The light A makes the box look dark while the dark B makes the box look light.

That and the shadows. Quite interesting. :smile:
Q_M
What even gave you that idea, lol.

:rofl: I just got back from the opticians who was doing all sorts of things with to my eyes!
Nothing is real!!!
Trust nothing!!!

:woo:
Glove.
I was just a bit of a dork and pasted it onto MS Paint...then used the colour dropper tool thingy, to check if they were identical, and they are. How strange! They really don't look the same at all :biggrin: haha.

I did that too lol. :smile:
Reply 18
biomedical-scientist
The colours are the SAME. You see them as different colours becuase of the different shades of backgroung. Trust me, I have covered this in my lectures. It's just way the visual system works.

May you mind enlightening us with the stuff that you have covered in your lectures? I am really curious about how the visual system works.

Thanks

That image is static, the beans aren't moving. wtfff