The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
CHEM1STRY
Exactly.

You are forgetting the really obvious point, they will be unbelievably generous to the graph you used where as you are saying that everyone should get it, including the people that just got confused and didn't even answer. The exact thing happened to the in the maths by edexcel last year, everyone who answered it with a good attempt got the marks, sheesh just accept you will get two and move on

you are all getting really worked up, what the hell are you expecting to happen? to be the hardest mark scheme for that question. In fact technically every answer was wrong because every answer you are giving for that graph wouldn't suggest a decrease in population, as long as it is plausible and you refferred to the graph you will get the mark, if you did not refer to a graph with A FIGURE like as it goes past 30 degrees ..... then you will only get one. How hard is it to understand, they are testig the same skills with both variations of the question
acm345
You are forgetting the really obvious point, they will be unbelievably generous to the graph you used where as you are saying that everyone should get it, including the people that just got confused and didn't even answer. The exact thing happened to the in the maths by edexcel last year, everyone who answered it with a good attempt got the marks, sheesh just accept you will get two and move on

Yes everyone should get it. If they didn't answer then they could've answered about the other graph. Other schools got notices ffs! We give them the benefit of the doubt: that if the Q was right then they would've answered it.

Anyway I think the email will be on Monday because this isn't a working day for them it seems.
Reply 82
acm345

Maths IGCSE?
If so, was that the vectors question?
Reply 83
Ben77mc
Maths IGCSE?
If so, was that the vectors question?

yes
Reply 84
acm345
yes

Well, that wasn't hard anyway.
I got it right doing past papers
Reply 85
Ben77mc
Well, that wasn't hard anyway.
I got it right doing past papers

Yeah but would you if you were in an exam and you thought you had the right answer but the question was telling you it was wrong? If so then you would be ignoring the obvious false information in the question, and so it is the exact same case here. i.e everyone that answered it with a good attempt should get the marks, not everybody
Reply 86
acm345
Yeah but would you if you were in an exam and you thought you had the right answer but the question was telling you it was wrong? If so then you would be ignoring the obvious false information in the question, and so it is the exact same case here. i.e everyone that answered it with a good attempt should get the marks, not everybody

I know what you mean.
Oh well, chem to worry about now ;]
acm345

What? Where is the logic in that... who are you to say it was an obvious mistake? Anyway did you see me ask Blair in the exam hall? He said the question was right... I nearly even corrected the question myself but Blair came and said it was the correct question.

EVERYONE should get the marks. They might have just left it out because they couldn't use that graph... if they had realised the mistake they should get the marks.
Reply 88
Ben77mc
I know what you mean.
Oh well, chem to worry about now ;]

Yeah if the same happens in chem, prepare for another debate :rolleyes: .
I hope chem has more chem on it than bio had bio
Reply 89
acm345
Yeah if the same happens in chem, prepare for another debate :rolleyes: .
I hope chem has more chem on it than bio had bio

There were about 30 marks on biology in that paper - the rest were the stupid 'suggest how' questions.

Pissed me off
Reply 90
CHEM1STRY
What? Where is the logic in that... who are you to say it was an obvious mistake? Anyway did you see me ask Blair in the exam hall? He said the question was right... I nearly even corrected the question myself but Blair came and said it was the correct question.

EVERYONE should get the marks. They might have just left it out because they couldn't use that graph... if they had realised the mistake they should get the marks.

With the maths paper, didn't they mark it out of 98?
Reply 91
acm345

you are all getting really worked up, what the hell are you expecting to happen? to be the hardest mark scheme for that question. In fact technically every answer was wrong because every answer you are giving for that graph wouldn't suggest a decrease in population, as long as it is plausible and you refferred to the graph you will get the mark, if you did not refer to a graph with A FIGURE like as it goes past 30 degrees ..... then you will only get one. How hard is it to understand, they are testig the same skills with both variations of the question

so they're going to get marks for incorrectly following what was said on the paper???

imo, the 2 marks should just be removed from the paper. with the grraph they stated, it was quite hard to come up with a reason, i think i got it wrong. then that second graph was easy to answer the question with..this is pissing me off...
Reply 92
CHEM1STRY

I wasn't saying it was an obvious mistake, i am saying it has happened before and they only give the marks to decent attempts or then it is a useless question when the point of the question is still there, TO READ A GRAPH. Everyone who saw the question and didn't even attempt are people with a bad exam technique, why don't you go one step further and say that in the english, loads thought it was a poster in paper 1 and they didn't specify it was a leaflet so why don't they just give everyone full marks in that exam then? Case and point as long as you make an attempt at the question you will get the marks, i don't even know why the hell you are complaining you will get the marks, i'd be more bothered about you're other mistakes
Reply 93
Ben77mc
With the maths paper, didn't they mark it out of 98?

nope, just every single attempt that suggested an attempt at the point of the question which was VECTORS then you got full marks for the question and in the case TO READ A GRAPH will get full marks, i am not saying it is right to do it, but i am saying they will not disregard the question when the aspect they were testing is still there to be seen
acm345
I wasn't saying it was an obvious mistake, i am saying it has happened before and they only give the marks to decent attempts or then it is a useless question when the point of the question is still there, TO READ A GRAPH. Everyone who saw the question and didn't even attempt are people with a bad exam technique, why don't you go one step further and say that in the english, loads thought it was a poster in paper 1 and they didn't specify it was a leaflet so why don't they just give everyone full marks in that exam then? Case and point as long as you make an attempt at the question you will get the marks, i don't even know why the hell you are complaining you will get the marks, i'd be more bothered about you're other mistakes

Yes but this was 2 marks not loads... comon.

Anyway exams are meant to test our ability in biology not our ability to interperate wrong questions...
Reply 95
CHEM1STRY
Yes but this was 2 marks not loads... comon.

Anyway exams are meant to test our ability in biology not our ability to interperate wrong questions...

The vectors one was 2 marks too
Ben77mc
The vectors one was 2 marks too

I was talking about the english paper.
Reply 97
CHEM1STRY
I was talking about the english paper.

Okay
Youll get 2 marks anyway
Reply 98
I think it's unfair that people who commented on the wrong graph should get the marks. Incorrect or not, it clearly stated GRAPH C so anybody that attempted to answer using Graph C should get the marks.

Any answers referring to Graph D should be wrong as they clearly didn't read the question (or just gambled on Edexcel making a mistake).
I think it is very fair and Edexcel should maintain their stance on this.

I promise I did not use the wrong graph. /winks

Latest