The Student Room Group

OPITO Apprenticeship - Anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Hi im new to the forum and to the academy, i applied thinkin nothin of it and got accepted my aptitude test is on Tuesday, i live in suffolk so quite a way from aberdeen, etc ive been readin the posts by everyone and it does sound pretty interestin. can anyone shed some more light on the test? what type of maths is it? i was told 1 of the 5 is a "process of elimination" whats that all about :s-smilie: i hav a car on finance at the min that im payin for out of my wages...would opito offer anythin to help pay this if im only on £80 a wk...would be a big decrease from £310 :/
any help would be great
Reply 101
ello lads im from liverpool an i got my letter 2 days ago sayin my aptitude test will be in the next 2 - 6 weeks does anyone no of any web sites were i can practise them,
thanks.
Reply 102
we havnt even had are test down ere yet :| are test is ment to be around 12th 13th of may, an uv alredy ad ur interview haha :|
I think £80 a week, plus paying for accomodation and food would probably be a total of around £200 a week? i dunno, still a good deal in my eyes.

ill take **** pay for a few years for a chance of a great career.
Reply 104
Hi

I know this question has been asked a few times but what sort of question will be in the aptitude test? e.g. is it basic maths or will some revision be needed etc!. As i will be applying for this course next year and am realy hoping i will get it, also what sort of questions did they ask you in the interview??

Cheer
a while ago i did an aptitude test for Nissan. Same kinda principles I WOULD THINK! that is only a thought though, i dont actually know but im pretty sure it would be the same kind of idea. Basically for example, sit down and answer as many as possible of these 40 maths questions in 10 minutes...Right thats done, now for English skills. Same principles on each test. Try this site: http://www.psychometric-success.com/downloads/download-practice-tests.htm
Obviously, do the numerical, english and mechanical reasoning. anything that might tie in with this line of work.

P.S, please dont kill me if I am wrong and these practice tests are nothing like the ones OPITO give you :smile: hope this helps
Reply 106
Overall what would you guys say the course is like?? could you see the academy considering the fact that i have other responsibilities like the finance car, etc?

Johnboy1987, i do agree **** money is alright with an outcome of a good career, do they just pay you £80 a week or do you get the accomodation money etc included??

Well, Aptitude on Tuesday then hopefully see some of you lads soon
Reply 107
danz69
90 a week when your at college is good money, and there paying for your accomadation and food, if thats not enough for you then get a part time job. oh and i had my interview today in aberdeen and it went pritty good i think.

when did u sit your test?
Reply 108
It's great there's more people on here now that we can share info with!

I've still not heard back about the aptitude test but I'm in Kent so they're probably still waiting to get all the applications in.

Unfortunately I have a distinct feeling I'm going to pull out of the application process. At 25 and earning nearly double what the starting salaries are I think I'm too far down the line to think about changing careers and especially now that me and the girlfriend want to settle down.

I only wish I'd known about this a few years ago and then I'd have no doubt about going for it.

But truly, if you're leaving education this is the greatest opportunity you could get with one of the best industries to work in.

Best of luck to you all for the future!
Reply 109
Inver Lad
when did u sit your test?

i sat my test in march in aberdeen, have you had your test yet? ive had my interview aswell and they told me i would hear bk in 4-6 weeks.
Reply 110
danz69
i sat my test in march in aberdeen, have you had your test yet? ive had my interview aswell and they told me i would hear bk in 4-6 weeks.

i sat my test at the start of april, passed, and got a letter saying they would be in touch about an interview
Reply 111
gav0001
we havnt even had are test down ere yet :| are test is ment to be around 12th 13th of may, an uv alredy ad ur interview haha :|

is tha ment 4 me, coz if it is no one mentioned an interveiw
Reply 112
no lewis am pritty sure it was ment for me
TJ2312

Johnboy1987, i do agree **** money is alright with an outcome of a good career, do they just pay you £80 a week or do you get the accomodation money etc included??

They just pay you personally £80 a week then they pay for the accomodation and food on your behalf as far as I know.

I'd sell the car if I was you and pay the finance off, buy a cheap run around.
Reply 114
Hi I have applied to Opito but have recieved a letter telling me my application has been forwarded to ECITB. Is everyone on the apprenticeships on £80 a week? Just that im sure iv read somewhere that ECITB pay an extra £50 per week for food allowance? Also Wallace, you said they pay for you to get home by plane, train etc, how many times a year do they pay for this? Cheers
Reply 115
Can anyone advise what you should wear to the aptitude test?
Reply 116
thebairns
Can anyone advise what you should wear to the aptitude test?

just wear casual clothes like jeans and a hoodie, if you pass, its the interview you need to dress smart for
Reply 117
no worries, is any1 planin to jus stay up their permantley ?
Cu123
Aye wallace i work for opito. Im good mates with Chris who is on the ECITB course with you. Im not entitled to a grant, but i am entitled to a loan(obviously has to be paid back) just like anyone else who is taking a HNC.

Awryt kl . Do u get money on top of ur basic £80 for food?

ECITB get travel evertime we go home so for me 5 times a week in and out. we get £80 FINAL! No extra for a car! nothing extra at all! we get HOTEL AND FOOD for FREE! THEY ARE PROVIDED! NOT EXTRA MONEY!

ASK Cu123 about OPITIO and me for ECITB
Stop moaning about wages! if its a big deal dont apply and dont expect any more! this is possible the best apprenticeship in the country! id be doing it if i got no wage for the end result!

im going to ignore anyone else if they keep asking about a wage on this iv explained about ecitb wages. anything else you want to know email me as im not on this much
Hello everyone.

I've read through this whole thread and it's been very useful, thanks.
I have my aptitude test on Wednesday and I was just wondering if anyone can tell me a bit more about the sort of questions? Only I finished my GCSEs 4 years ago now, and I'm worried I've forgotten anything, so I need to know what sort of thing to revise :/
Also, I get the feeling I'll be the only female there. Will that go against me? :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending