The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University applicants thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Pheebs1201
Omg congrats! Thats brill :smile: Where else have you applied? I went for the four year course, heard nothing yet...:frown:

I'm sure you'll be fine, I did send mine off a while ago, what're you predicted?
I've also applied to UWIC, offer BBC, Oxford-Brookes ABB, Southampton AAB and Portsmouth is the only one I haven't heard back from, what about you?
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by -aimz
Ahh people are already getting offers?! I shall try to not worry...

I wouldnt worry too much! UWIC have been giving out offers and i think only some departments in Cardiff uni have started to
Original post by *Alakazam*
I'm sure you'll be fine, I did send mine off a while ago, what're you predicted?
I've also applied to UWIC, offer BBC, Oxford-Brookes ABB, Southampton AAB and Portsmouth is the only one I haven't heard back from, what about you?

When did you send off your application?

I'm predicted A*AA you? Applying to Warwick, Exeter, Bristol & Cam :smile: Only recieved acknowledgements so far... worried I'm gonna get 5 rejections :s-smilie:
Reply 23
Original post by Pheebs1201
When did you send off your application?

I'm predicted A*AA you? Applying to Warwick, Exeter, Bristol & Cam :smile: Only recieved acknowledgements so far... worried I'm gonna get 5 rejections :s-smilie:

My application says it was processed by ucas on 11th, and i'm only predicted ABB and have offers from cardiff and southampton which ask for AAB-AAA so with your grades i'm sure you wont get 5 rejections :smile:
Original post by *Alakazam*
My application says it was processed by ucas on 11th, and i'm only predicted ABB and have offers from cardiff and southampton which ask for AAB-AAA so with your grades i'm sure you wont get 5 rejections :smile:

Aw thanks thats really nice of you. I also have mitigating circumstances but I duno if that will go for or against me :s-smilie:

I applied for the course w/ placement so maybe theyre only doing the three year course atm :confused:

Im reading too much into this lol, I just love Cardiff so much! :colondollar:
Im applying for Biology with foundation. :h:
Just received this:

Thank you for your recent interest in studying Engineering at Cardiff University. Having reviewed your application form, I am pleased to invite you to a Visit Day at the University.

The Visit Day has been developed to provide both the applicant and their guest with a thorough introduction to the City, the University, the School, and some of our students. Importantly, applicants will also have a 20 minute interview with a member of academic staff to determine the suitability of the course to the applicant, and vice versa.

I didn't realise there would be an interview o.O
Sounds compulsory?
Applied to Cardiff for Pharmacy :smile:
Woooop I just received an offer from Cardiff to study Exploration and Resource Geology :smile:. AAB.
Just recieved an offer for Psychology with Professional Placement!! AAB!! :smile:
Anyone received any offers to study Politcs at Cardiff?
Original post by NGC773
Anyone received any offers to study Politcs at Cardiff?

I applied for Politics and Law. I've had an acknowledgment but nothing else yet.
Reply 32
Original post by OneInSolidarity
Just received this:

Thank you for your recent interest in studying Engineering at Cardiff University. Having reviewed your application form, I am pleased to invite you to a Visit Day at the University.

The Visit Day has been developed to provide both the applicant and their guest with a thorough introduction to the City, the University, the School, and some of our students. Importantly, applicants will also have a 20 minute interview with a member of academic staff to determine the suitability of the course to the applicant, and vice versa.

I didn't realise there would be an interview o.O
Sounds compulsory?

Hi!
I received it too. I sent them a mail to ask if it is compulsory and they said no.
When are you going? I'm going on 6th December.
I don't know what to expect from the interview. Do you know anything? What kind of questions will we be asked?:s-smilie:
Reply 33
Anyone on Medical Engineering? :smile:)
Just got an interview for Pharmacy on the 17th :biggrin:
Original post by Elenathion
I applied for Politics and Law. I've had an acknowledgment but nothing else yet.

Yea ive had the same, i hope they go through them soon!
Original post by corina17
Hi!
I received it too. I sent them a mail to ask if it is compulsory and they said no.
When are you going? I'm going on 6th December.
I don't know what to expect from the interview. Do you know anything? What kind of questions will we be asked?:s-smilie:

The 7th :frown: Not a clue what will come up! If its not compulsory I'd hope it wouldn't affect anything; I thought it'd show good attitude to turn up.
Hola fellow Diff applicants!

I've applied to Cardiff for Biomedical Science and Medical Pharmacology and then Biomedical Science at UWIC. I sent my application off on Monday and had an offer from UWIC on Tuesday for CC with Welsh BAC which I'm really happy with as I wanted it as my insurance anyway!

Any other biomedics here? xx
Reply 38
Hi,

I got an offer today for 3 year biology course. So happy!!!!:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Offer = AAB

A-levels currently taken - biology, chemistry, geology.

Anyone got similar offer for biology
:smile:
alicia125
Hi,

I got an offer today for 3 year biology course. So happy!!!!:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Offer = AAB

A-levels currently taken - biology, chemistry, geology.

Anyone got similar offer for biology
:smile:

I'm so envious!! I'm still waiting for my college to send my application. They've already added my reference and approved it all so why can't they just send it?! :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending