The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2940
Original post by lukejoshjedi
totally, I just realised what they also look like - Lord voldemort esque, but with noses

and the biggest enigma to be solved, how the hell are they gonna get back in the Tardis

A acid proof shovel? would find it so amusing if they had to just dig it out rather than the usually spacey wacey solution :laugh:
Original post by spacepirate-James

:awesome:

Original post by boba
I don't get the badger thing. possibly because I never get to watch confidential. on a happier note this was the first episode of the season I got to watch when it was actually on tv WOO

This badger was gifted to matt by the youtuber charlieissocoollike hence the name charlie the badger!! :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gldWm0oVAlQ
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Then he can regenerate, so if he does die, it would be interesting to see how.

I hope it's not that machine the woman used.

Or maybe the next series doesn't involve The Doctor, he really does die and not come back, but instead we just have ganger Doctor who is exactly the same!
Oh and to people saying didn't find it scary

That will haunt me while I sleep!
Do 'gangers dream of synthetic sheep? :awesome:

Anyway, bad bad episode. Clones just looked ridiculous, and boss lady exists solely to be a dick, cause drama and ruin the Doctor's preferred 'everybody hold hands, form a drum circle and learn to love each other' resolution. And yeah, clone doctor was always going to happen. :dry: Also, this show has always liked to telegraph whatever moral lesson its teaching in a given week, but the whole 'ethics of cloning/all life in whatever form is pretty cool' thing was just beaten into the audience without mercy. Even when it tried to get serious - Jennifer's whole 'I'M ME, ME ME' rant- it was just absurd to the point of unintentional humour.

I don't understand how Doctor Who can veer from excellent fare like the premiere two-parter and last week's episode into sub-Ed Wood garbage like this, I really don't.
Original post by Christien
Do 'gangers dream of synthetic sheep? :awesome:

Anyway, bad bad episode. Clones just looked ridiculous, and boss lady exists solely to be a dick, cause drama and ruin the Doctor's preferred 'everybody hold hands, form a drum circle and learn to love each other' resolution. And yeah, clone doctor was always going to happen. :dry: Also, this show has always liked to telegraph whatever moral lesson its teaching in a given week, but the whole 'ethics of cloning/all life in whatever form is pretty cool' thing was just beaten into the audience without mercy. Even when it tried to get serious - Jennifer's whole 'I'M ME, ME ME' rant- it was just absurd to the point of unintentional humour.

I don't understand how Doctor Who can veer from excellent fare like the premiere two-parter and last week's episode into sub-Ed Wood garbage like this, I really don't.

:sadnod: You win some, you lose some...
Reply 2946
I don't want Rory to cheat on Amy with Jennifer...

even though Amy deserves it for kissing the Doctor...

and I don't want Amy and the Doctor to have a baby or get together, because what about River Song?

Unless Amy is River Song but Steven Moffatt already ruled that out.

And isn't that eye patch lady meant to be the doctor's mother? So maybe the Doctor's mother is coming to visit Amy to make her pregnant with another Time Lord to carry on the Time Lord Race or something?

And maybe the time lord daughter is actually River Song? But then the Doctor would have noticed River Song was a time lord.

I love Doctor Who but I want to know everything now because all my theories seem silly :frown:
Eye patch lady is beginning to annoy me as we're just smacked in the face with her image without learning anything.
Reply 2948
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Oh and to people saying didn't find it scary

That will haunt me while I sleep!

dr who isn't scary :K::confused:

probably going to get some hate for saying that.
So for the whole of The Rebel Flesh I was like

But then at the end I was all like

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2950
Original post by boba

No hate, but in perspective, if it was fully terrifying for a 15-25 year old then legally it would need to be post watershed. They want to scare children, not permanently traumatise them :tongue:

I'm impressed that one show can keep such a wide ranging audience (relatively) happy.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2951
Original post by Katie_louise
No hate, but in perspective, if it was fully terrifying for a 15-25 year old then legally it would need to be post watershed. They want to scare children, not permanently traumatise them :tongue:

aha I'm not saying it should be scarier I like it how it is I'm just saying I don't understand why some people talk about how scary it is.:confused:
Reply 2952
I enjoyed The Rebel Flesh as much as I usually enjoy the first part to a two parter (bar one or two exceptional first parts eg The Pandorica Opens and The Impossible Astronaut), which is that I got fully engrossed in the storyline, but I can't call it a Great episode, as I find it's almost always the second part to a story that makes it great or crap.

Oh yeahm, and I saw the cliffhanger coming from the moment the doctor started playing with the flesh at the beginning.
Original post by boba

the gas mask children? not scary? :K:

EDIT: I'm curious. If we take the Pirate episode and The Rebel Flesh as the two 'low-points' of the series so far (gathered from general consensus on TSR)...I was just wondering whether people who disliked the latter episode liked the Pirate episode (and vice versa)?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by spacepirate-James
the gas mask children? not scary? :K:

EDIT: I'm curious. If we take the Pirate episode and The Rebel Flesh as the two 'low-points' of the series...I was just wondering whether people who disliked the latter episode liked the Pirate episode (and vice versa)?

Blink. Was scary .
WANT THIS

I didn't really enjoy last night's episode...maybe next week's will be better. Roll on episode 7!
Original post by ??????????????????
WANT THIS

Meh, the blueprint one I'm currently wearing is better.
Original post by LastLordofTime
Meh, the blueprint one I'm currently wearing is better.

Let's see?

Latest

Trending

Trending