The Student Room Group

The Walking Dead

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zjs
Anyone been watching this?

Been wanting to get round to it for a while, and just finished watching the first episode.

I must admit, I do enjoy a good zombie-fest, and this is shaping up nicely.

It's got Adam Lincoln as a Police Sheriff, for those that aren't aware of it at all.

Hopefully this thread will build-up to a discussion of the show.

I just finished watching the First Season..not sure what more could come along in the Second Season..Interesting final episode and how that place exploded and how small in the dramatics of ending exsistance to stop the Zombies coming back..Having never read the comics I can't compare, is there a vast difference between the two. The actor who plays the Police Sheriff is Andrew Lincoln, I would of never of thought he was English - watched his programmes and he does a convincing American accent lol.
(edited 12 years ago)
i love this show was a bit skeptical at first because watched way too many zombie movies with the same storyline just gruesome stuff, then some more brains, then some running around and finally no survivors.... blah blah blah but this was really nice n i found it funny. cant wait for season 2 hope there more episodes though.
Original post by Quiet _One86
The actor who plays the Police Sheriff is Andrew Lincoln, I would of never of thought he was English - watched his programmes and he does a convincing American accent lol.

Teachers :awesome:
I've just finished watching the whole of the first series (who needs revision anyway?). That was awesome.
Also, I'm already wondering what Dr Jenner whispered to Rick just before they left the CDC?!

Original post by Trigger
I like the fact that it is about the characters and the zombies are a secondary element. Its about human relationships.

Yes, this. For most of the last episode there weren't any zombies, and it wasn't like you were anticipating any, so you could just get fully involved with what was going on between the characters.
Reply 24
Its awesome but I finished it like 5 months ago or something. Kinda impatient.
The Walking Dead is sheer quality! You'll love it, OP :biggrin:

Can't wait for the next season, especially after the finale of season 1.
I think you'll find that's *Andrew* Lincoln, OP :awesome:

I love this show :biggrin: Second series with 13 episodes is airing in October!
Reply 27
Original post by zjs
Anyone been watching this?

Been wanting to get round to it for a while, and just finished watching the first episode.

I must admit, I do enjoy a good zombie-fest, and this is shaping up nicely.

It's got Adam Lincoln as a Police Sheriff, for those that aren't aware of it at all.

Hopefully this thread will build-up to a discussion of the show.

I watched the first few, it gets progressively worse I'm afraid :frown:

There was a lot of hype a while back about "Flashforward" but it dead out pretty quick, I expect the same here...

edit: Weird, I seem to be the only one that dislikes it :colondollar:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by In2deep

Original post by In2deep

I'm a sucker for anything post-apocalyptic, especially with zombies.
Original post by In2deep
I watched the first few, it gets progressively worse I'm afraid :frown:

There was a lot of hype a while back about "Flashforward" but it dead out pretty quick, I expect the same here...

wtf are you kidding?

Walking dead was amazing. And Flashforward was also brilliant - such a shame though that flashforward finished after one season. :frown:
Original post by vandub
I've just finished watching the whole of the first series (who needs revision anyway?). That was awesome.
Also, I'm already wondering what Dr Jenner whispered to Rick just before they left the CDC?!

That his wife is pregnant I reckon, and that he isn't the father. :wink:
Original post by DannyBoy123

Ooh, I'd forgotten all about the blood test stuff! Definitely want the 2nd season to hurry up now. Also, any ideas what might have happened to (can't remember his name) redneck guy that was handcuffed to the roof, (thought I'd put a spoiler in, just incase) cos he got off the roof and took the van but didn't go back to camp?! (highlight it).
Original post by vandub
Ooh, I'd forgotten all about the blood test stuff! Definitely want the 2nd season to hurry up now. Also, any ideas what might have happened to (can't remember his name) redneck guy that was handcuffed to the roof, (thought I'd put a spoiler in, just incase) cos he got off the roof and took the van but didn't go back to camp?! (highlight it).

If the comic books are anything to go by (I only have a passing knowledge of them) I think he's going to become quite a major character.
Teachers :awesome:

:biggrin::eek::wink:Very funny Thanks for that smart comment lol
Its going to sound pretentious (sorry its not meant to be) but the graphic novel is SOOOO much better. Don't get me wrong the tv show is something special (probs in my top 3 tv shows atm) but the GN is immense, seriously give it a go you wont regret it. On another note, I didn't like the way they took the final episode of series 1. Anyone with me? (not sure if spoilers are allowed or not so I will reframe for using them for now).
Reply 35
Original post by anfieldred07

Original post by anfieldred07
Its going to sound pretentious (sorry its not meant to be) but the graphic novel is SOOOO much better. Don't get me wrong the tv show is something special (probs in my top 3 tv shows atm) but the GN is immense, seriously give it a go you wont regret it. On another note, I didn't like the way they took the final episode of series 1. Anyone with me? (not sure if spoilers are allowed or not so I will reframe for using them for now).

Agreed, but I like how the TV show is throwing in new ideas like the CDC and the old peoples home in Vatos.
When is season 2 starting?
Reply 37
Original post by Karma Charger
When is season 2 starting?

I already said...
Reply 38
Original post by vandub

Murl. I think he's likely to stay in the backs of our minds for some time, with clues here and there, before eventually returning further down the line.

Not a bad theory, actually.

Anyone reckon that the guy and his son who originally took Rick in will re-appear?
Reply 39
Original post by zjs
Murl. I think he's likely to stay in the backs of our minds for some time, with clues here and there, before eventually returning further down the line.

Not a bad theory, actually.

Anyone reckon that the guy and his son who originally took Rick in will re-appear?

I hope they do, i like them a lot and they brought a really interesting and strong theme to the series.

Quick Reply

Latest