The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Clearing

Hi all, I have an offer for Medicine at Cardiff and Pharmacy at Bath is my insurance. With results day just around the corner I've been considering what options I have if I need to make use of clearing. So my question is are Pharmacy courses available in clearing usually and more specifically does anyone know if Pharmacy at Cardiff is usually in clearing. UCAS course search says it is available in UCAS extra. Thanks for any replies.
Reply 1
cardiff wont go into clearing...portsmouth will though...im at portsmouth and i LOVE everything about it so id say its a good clearing choice to have
Reply 2
I heard that before you go into clearing it's a really good idea to call your firm/insurance place with your actual grades and they might still take you even though you didn't get quite what they want...
was told by an admissions tutor, she said they have written down what they've asked you for but also what they would accept.. anyway it's worth a phone call :P Probs not as true for medicine though :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Mattyconwy
I heard that before you go into clearing it's a really good idea to call your firm/insurance place with your actual grades and they might still take you even though you didn't get quite what they want...
was told by an admissions tutor, she said they have written down what they've asked you for but also what they would accept.. anyway it's worth a phone call :P Probs not as true for medicine though :P

Yeah, Medicine isn't like that, especially this year. But my insurance is ABB +Welsh Bacc from Bath for Pharmacy. If I miss my firm I suspect my grades will be ABC + Welsh Bacc so will have to hope they will take me.
Reply 4
Original post by ali242
cardiff wont go into clearing...portsmouth will though...im at portsmouth and i LOVE everything about it so id say its a good clearing choice to have

what grades do you think portsmouth would allow at clearing stage?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending