The Student Room Group

Anyone going to Holland Park Sixth Form ????

Hardly any threads about the school so just wanted to know if anyone on TSR is going or has gone to Holland park School or Sixth Form ????
Reply 1
... No one ??
Reply 2
This is dissapointing, my friend is looking into sixth form places and wanted to know what the social like at hps was like, I take it you started in september what do you think of the social life (like are there a lot of parties?) Thank you in advance for any replies :smile:
Reply 3
In the school, its pretty dead, most people are very focused on their eduacation.

But outside of school everyones totally different. Party wise, depending on who u know u can get really awesome parties (ie on a boat, that was pretty cool) or the average house parties here and there

Most of the parties/meet ups happen in Hyde Park since most of us live near there
Reply 4
just wondering, when was your interview for Holland Park?
Reply 5
My interview was around Feb/March. If u get in then they send u a conditional offer email.
Reply 6
I wunna go holland park, is it that boring?
I'm at HPS at the moment. I personally like it, but that's because I'm one of two types of people at the school. If there is a single rebellious bone in your body the school will not take kindly to this. Thankfully this is not the case for me. It really depends on behaviour really. When you see people saying they hate it, they are likely the opposite of myself. Use the opinion of whoever you can relate to most as guidance.
Reply 8
hows the working ethic though? do most people just go to/have parties all the time and not focus on their education? :/ Plus I heard they don't offer a wide range of subjects, and the teachers of humanity subjects aren't very good. Also I have a 'group interview' tomorrow for Holland Park and have no idea how to prepare or what it is cause they barely gave any details out in the email sent! Urghhh
Reply 9
I have a group interview next week how did yours go?Do you need to bring anything?
Reply 10
Original post by L.park
I have a group interview next week how did yours go?Do you need to bring anything?

No I ended up bailing out ): But my friend went, there was basically a whole load of students, and you're guided along with them to the gym to sit an exam that 'doesnt determine your place here' but just for them to see how well you perform. It consisted of verbal/non verbal reasoning and a bit of English and math too. After the exam the students are divided into small groups and you're led to a classroom with a teacher, who asks you a single question, 'why'd you choose to apply to Holland Park Sixth Form' everyone shares their answer and done. Oh, they'll be taking official interviews at around Feb/March so you should prepare well for those. You don't really need to bring anything to this apart from maybe a pen :smile:

Hope I still got a chance :frown:, good luck.
I remember applying to Holland Park. Went to the interview/entrance exam, but was late. Given a second chance, was late again. The headteacher took me out of the exam to have a talk to me, saying that I don't think you're the right candidate and was rejected. I went home gutted.
Reply 12
Thanks for the advice 🙂
Original post by sofii_
hows the working ethic though? do most people just go to/have parties all the time and not focus on their education? :/ Plus I heard they don't offer a wide range of subjects, and the teachers of humanity subjects aren't very good. Also I have a 'group interview' tomorrow for Holland Park and have no idea how to prepare or what it is cause they barely gave any details out in the email sent! Urghhh

its absolutely **** , many teachers have left and are leaving and there is unexperienced teachers in terms of social life and parties don't expect much
(edited 5 years ago)
Is it really that bad? I got offered a place here and to tiffins and am debating where to go
Original post by fgcse2018
Is it really that bad? I got offered a place here and to tiffins and am debating where to go

its a stressful environment but it will get ou the results you need so it can be worth it if you work hard :smile:
Original post by J.E.T.B
In the school, its pretty dead, most people are very focused on their eduacation.

But outside of school everyones totally different. Party wise, depending on who u know u can get really awesome parties (ie on a boat, that was pretty cool) or the average house parties here and there

Most of the parties/meet ups happen in Hyde Park since most of us live near there

Do you have to wear uniform at the sixth form eg suit and tie? and could u explain more about the school cause i got a conditional offer but idk if i should go or not
Reply 17
Original post by hana_hashemi
Do you have to wear uniform at the sixth form eg suit and tie? and could u explain more about the school cause i got a conditional offer but idk if i should go or not

no uniform more business formal clothing suit and tie for men it's like office clothes I dont go to the sixth form but know people that do
Original post by Tela
no uniform more business formal clothing suit and tie for men it's like office clothes I dont go to the sixth form but know people that do

oh okay. is everyone there rich and stuff cus i don’t live near there and got a conditional offer but i’m worried they’re all about money and have groups
Reply 19
Original post by hana_hashemi
oh okay. is everyone there rich and stuff cus i don’t live near there and got a conditional offer but i’m worried they’re all about money and have groups

no not really rich it's a public school it's got people from almost every background

Quick Reply