The Student Room Group

Inaccurate films that **** you off

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Slumpy

Original post by Slumpy
I remember he once beat the flash in a race(and if I'm right, it was around the universe, which would make him much quicker than light), which I think would make him quicker than a jet.

Can't remember a race round the universe :beard: there was a race around the world though. In the modern age and perhaps since the Silver or at least Golden Age, the Flash has been quicker than Superman and I think the flash can vibrate himself as quickly as light or something ridiculous (always hated te flash).
I didn't think Superman had ever been as quick as light as he uses Boom Tubes (or whatever) to get to Apokolips.
Reply 81
Original post by oo00oo

Original post by oo00oo
As a space engineering researcher, Armageddon is quite annoying.

For example, on the asteroid they're flying in their ships over it, and they have the thrusts on the WHOLE time, like an aircraft. But in space, with no atmosphere, a continuous burn would just keep the spacecraft accelerating and accelerating. Yet they just fly like aircraft over the asteroid.

Then there's the noises of the spacecraft from outside in space, of which Star Trek and Star Wars (and every other space film) are equally guilty.

I think the noise inaccuracies can be allowed if I'm honest as otherwise those films would be incredibly boring :mmm:
Reply 82
Original post by Mazzini
Troy :angry:

(Although Brad Pitt is quite nice :biggrin:)

Edit: Braveheart is the most annoying - even more annoying than the flagrant inaccuracies in Troy :angry:

Exactly..Braveheart is just urghh. Most Scots I know seem to think it's a documentary.
Reply 83
U571 where the Americans re-write history and capture an enigma machine.
We captured it!! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/781858.stm

Armageddon - on the oil rig at the beginning they are drilling with drill pipe only going into the sea. The next minutes it's flying out in singles (i.e. unscrewed, how did that happen??) and then, then!, oil's jetting out into the rig. Completely impossible. How does oil fly out of the sea in a jet without any pipe.

Original post by oo00oo
As a space engineering researcher, Armageddon is quite annoying.

For example, on the asteroid they're flying in their ships over it, and they have the thrusts on the WHOLE time, like an aircraft. But in space, with no atmosphere, a continuous burn would just keep the spacecraft accelerating and accelerating. Yet they just fly like aircraft over the asteroid.

Then there's the noises of the spacecraft from outside in space, of which Star Trek and Star Wars (and every other space film) are equally guilty.

Yes!!! :angry: lol

I love the rumbley engine noise as that Star Destroyer flies over the viewer at the beginning of Star Wars but WRONG!!!! :rofl:

I think the only space films I can think of that don't have "noise" in space is 2001 & 2010... am I right?
(edited 12 years ago)
The fact that everyone thinks brave-heart is a historically accurate film....

or "300"

or "troy"

or "titanic"

and so many other bull-**** films that stupid people claim are historically accurate.
Reply 85
Any film where the female lead gives birth looking like a polished supermodel and with an expression akin to feeling mild disinterest in the situation.

Fair enough, not everyone screams like a banshee, but come on hollywood...
Krakatoa East of Java

starring Maximilian Schell

Reply 87
Original post by GunnerBill
U571 where the Americans re-write history and capture an enigma machine.
We captured it!! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/781858.stm

I think it shows how sleep-deprived I am when my first look at your post was 'Oh cool, they found the original BBC article on the enigma machine capture!"
Reply 88
Original post by syrettd
I think it shows how sleep-deprived I am when my first look at your post was 'Oh cool, they found the original BBC article on the enigma machine capture!"

:rofl: A Webpage from 1940!!! :eek:

Original post by nulli tertius
Krakatoa East of Java

starring Maximilian Schell

... appears to be more, North West?

Krakatoa North West of Java! Doesn't have the same ring to it? :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mess.
The speed of Superman (along with strength etc) changes with different iterations, however he has never been able to travel as quickly as light. It is normally accepted that he is quicker than a fired bullet but not by how much, although it is probably about the speed of the fastest modern jet plane.

I beg to differ my good man.I believe in the following clip you will see him flying fast as a mother****er

Reply 90
Original post by GunnerBill
:rofl: A Webpage from 1940!!! :eek:

In my mind, the picture quality was still going to be poor, despite the super advanced internet :colondollar:
Reply 91
Original post by The Cornerstone

Asteroid going to hit the earth? Nuke it.

Well you aren't going to kiss it, are you?
I seem to remember 10,000bc being fairly ludicrous in terms of realism.
Original post by Mazzini
Troy :angry:

(Although Brad Pitt is quite nice :biggrin:)

I remember from that film they had Hector kill Menelaus
And Briseis kill Agamemnon (wtf)
And Andromache and Astyanax escaped

What a load of crap, basically just murdered the Iliad. :nothing:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 94
The Day After Tomorrow.
Die Hard!
It does my head in when someone will fire 100s of rounds without reloading!
Reply 96
Was going to say TrOy but it's already been said... So. Fast and the furious 5, they pull a HUGE safe on cables attached to a car along the ground... It's hilarious I'll be honest
Most volcano/natural disaster movies are absolute bull****... As a geologist you realise how crap they are even more. Very sad.
Ice Age. I studied a bit of Archaeology and it was NOTHING like that back then :colonhash:
Reply 99
Braveheart.

But I'm not really bothered by it in general. Artistic license, and all that jazz.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending