The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham 2012 Firmers!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bulgy
okay, the problem is (dont laugh) that im a worrier. although nottingham is my favourite, and i constantly worry that i might enjoy sheffield more, or get a more prestigeous offer from warwick. helpppp?

Aha, don't worry :smile: I had the same issues when choosing last year. If Nottingham is your favourite then you shouldn't have any doubts of not enjoying it. I went to Lancaster and was pretty certain I was going to firm there... THEN I came to Nottingham and instantly fell in love. In my honest opinion choosing here was the best thing I ever did. I genuinely can't imagine being anywhere else. Would be a bit odd!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 461
Original post by CharleyChester
Aha, don't worry :smile: I had the same issues when choosing last year. If Nottingham is your favourite then you shouldn't have any doubts of not enjoying it. I went to Lancaster and was pretty certain I was going to firm there... THEN I came to Nottingham and instantly fell in love. In my honest opinion choosing here was the best thing I ever did. I genuinely can't imagine being anywhere else. Would be a bit odd!

okay thanks, do you think i should firm now? and apply straight to accomodation?
Original post by bulgy
okay thanks, do you think i should firm now? and apply straight to accomodation?

That is yours and only your decision to make. If you're certain then go for it. There is no rush to firm if you aren't convinced. If you can, go and look round all the other unis again. It helped me to see the universities again once I thought i'd made a decision :smile:
Reply 463
Original post by CharleyChester
That is yours and only your decision to make. If you're certain then go for it. There is no rush to firm if you aren't convinced. If you can, go and look round all the other unis again. It helped me to see the universities again once I thought i'd made a decision :smile:

thats the problem, i'll fall in love with every uni i visit :/
Original post by bulgy
thats the problem, i'll fall in love with every uni i visit :/

No I doubt that very much. You'll know when you've found the right uni for you. You'll get a feel for it straight away :smile:
Reply 465
I've got an offer for BA Finance , Accounting and Management from Notts. An offer for BSC Accounting and Finance from University of Birmingham and the same from Lancaster . I need a candid opinion to help me firm an offer.
P.S what are the graduate prospects for these universities?

Thanks in advance
Reply 466
Rejected by Durham - Nottingham looks like a firm then!
Reply 467
You are far better off at Nottingham! Durham is way too formal.
Reply 468
Just firmed for American and Canadian studies! :biggrin:
Reply 469
So excited about Nottingham! I was slightly apprehensive before, but I have a feeling this is the university for me :biggrin:
I hope my english applicant visit day on Friday comfirms this!
Reply 470
Firmed for Film and Television Studies! :3
Original post by Philosophalover
Hoorayy a philosobuddy, didn't think I'd ever find one! :smile: I'm just on the edge of firming, probably will after I visit Notts on the 21st. :biggrin:

Firmed for Philosophy with Theology :smile:
I have just firmed Nottingham for course: American and Canadian, Literature, History and Culture!!!! :biggrin: I loved it when I visited on the Ucas Visit Day!

The only problem now is... how the hell do I apply for accommodation? I assume through the Web Portal, but I'm not sure!
Original post by Philraw123
I have just firmed Nottingham for course: American and Canadian, Literature, History and Culture!!!! :biggrin: I loved it when I visited on the Ucas Visit Day!

The only problem now is... how the hell do I apply for accommodation? I assume through the Web Portal, but I'm not sure!

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation/prospectivestudents/undergraduates/howtoapply.aspx

That tells you all about applying, how to do it, what options there are, how rooms are allocated etc.
Reading this thread is making me feel old... and it was only last year I was doing what you guys are :frown:
Original post by helen-a-ravenclaw
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation/prospectivestudents/undergraduates/howtoapply.aspx

That tells you all about applying, how to do it, what options there are, how rooms are allocated etc.

Cheers for the link! I've now applied to University Park, prefered large single study! Is this a popular choice for a lot of people?

All I need to do now is complete the course and meet my conditional offer! So close to going to Nottingham! :smile:
Reply 476
Hey, I'm firming Nottingham for a deferred place in physiotherapy :smile: and really want to come on the open day tomorrow on the 21st march but I got the email late and am unsure of the details, can anyone tell me the time they've been given and where to go?
Original post by Lfields94
Hey, I'm firming Nottingham for a deferred place in physiotherapy :smile: and really want to come on the open day tomorrow on the 21st march but I got the email late and am unsure of the details, can anyone tell me the time they've been given and where to go?

I'm pretty sure you have to book it, you can't just turn up?
Reply 478
no no I have emailed them to book my place because I was told I couldn't book via the portal now, so I've emailed with booked with my details, I was just wondering because of travel arrangements
Original post by Lfields94
no no I have emailed them to book my place because I was told I couldn't book via the portal now, so I've emailed with booked with my details, I was just wondering because of travel arrangements

Ahh yes my friend got an offer too late to book an open day - Nottingham emailed them an invite instead because the late nature of the notification meant that there were no places left on the portal! I assume the same has happened to you but don't worry, you can still go if they invite you by email. I suppose it's a bit of a pickle if they haven't told you details :frown:

I have an open day for English, but I got a programme in the post (I booked the day online about a month ago) - perhaps if you go to the physio department tomorrow they'll understand? They probably have spare programmes of the day lying about too :smile:. My open day starts at 10am but I suppose open day times probably differ from subject to subject... Sorry I can't be of any more help!

Quick Reply

Latest