The Student Room Group

What's your relationship status?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Cinnabar
Single (Recovery Period).

Hopefully I'll get back on my feet (emotionally) over the course of the next year. Now's the time to focus on myself: do the things that I want to do, work on self-improvement and 'power up'.

You should do them things anyway. With or without a partner.

To the OP - No time for a girlfriend. If I have one I will have no time for her thus making it unfair for her. The are more important things in my life at the moment.
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm single.
Original post by Foo.mp3

My internet persona is markedly different from my manner IRL.. it's a wonder girls take a shine to me at all on here! Mind you, it's a handy 'trial by fire' (assuming they pay much attention to my posts) :tongue:

Might be a let-down for those who like your online persona, though. :tongue:
Reply 43
Single. :frown:
Been in relationship with my lovely boyfriend for about a year and three months - time really flies when you're having fun!

Very happy, but he lives too far away for my liking and I don't get to see enough of him!
Reply 45
In a relationship, 20 months :smile:
Reply 46
Single and waiting for a wonderful girl, I hope the exams get out of the way.
(edited 11 years ago)
Single, just come out of a year and a half relationship. Still living (in a student house) with the douchebag that is my ex.

I want to find someone else to forget about him but I want to properly get over him first which is going to take forever.

Thinking of becoming a nun.
Happily in a 15 month relationship :heart: Sometime feeling like the only non-engaged/newly married person I know, but perfectly happy to keep it that way, thank you very much.
Original post by StartSomething
I want to find someone else to forget about him but I want to properly get over him first which is going to take forever.

Therein lies an interesting (though completely off topic) chat to be had: is getting with someone else in order to get over one's ex the right thing to do? :holmes:
Original post by InnerTemple
Therein lies an interesting (though completely off topic) chat to be had: is getting with someone else in order to get over one's ex the right thing to do? :holmes:

It's something I've thought about more than once. I think it's the wrong thing to do.
I want to find someone else to get over him, to make me happy like he did, and to make him jealous. But in reality, in order for me to be happy and to get over him I think I need to spend time with friends and make new ones (as I don't have many) to take my mind off him and allow me to have fun again. Also I wouldn't want to hurt someone else - I wouldn't want to be with someone else while I still love my ex because that's not nice for the other person. And in all honesty I don't think I will find someone I like as much as I liked my ex for a very long time.
So.. getting with someone else to get over your ex is not the right thing to do.
(edited 11 years ago)
Single. Interested in a girl who quickly became one of my closest friends, drunk at party - got together, now we don't talk :frown: Don't even know why. Think about her everyday.
Single. Not really interested in anyone who's available and not going to go for anyone who isn't.
Reply 53
Original post by MancBoy
You should do them things anyway. With or without a partner.

Oh I do, but at the moment I'll be prioritizing these aspects of my life as opposed to searching for someone new or trying to please others.

Life is full of compromises & sacrifices and I strive to keep a balance, the scales will just be tipped slightly more to my side for awhile! :wink:

I try to use all my bad experiences as a fuel to push myself further as a person: I find it very cathartic and it stops me from dwelling on things too much. :smile:
Single and just having fun atm :smile:
Original post by Jaydiee
This is me...sort of.

I'm happy being single and finishing my degree is my main priority :smile:

Well I wouldn't say Im overjoyed about being single personally, its just because I'm jobless therefore I wouldn't really consider myself a great catch at the moment particularly!
Original post by StartSomething
Single, just come out of a year and a half relationship. Still living (in a student house) with the douchebag that is my ex.

Thinking of becoming a nun.

Oooh, awkward :frown:
Reply 57
Sometimes I think that if you have qualities, characteristics, sensibilities, flaws, brainwaves and desires that happen to genuinely match very well. If you understand each other with so much ease that you can't properly remember what it felt like not to have them as a constant friend. If you developed closeness over time on top of a deep strong sense that something was 'right' about the union, not from butterflies and blinding physical sensations first... Then, you both just know.

It doesn't matter that everyone else would think you're stupid/wrong, that the majority of relationships don't last so statistically speaking yours probably won't. I think some people are just more intuitive, know the parameters: what could happen, how much they are willing to work and for which reasons, to which ends. A -realistic- genuine understanding of themselves and the other person. Realistic being the most important part.

I have been with my current boyfriend for 16 months. We grow closer and stronger every day. We get further in everything we want to do with our lives personally, every sphere is improved. I have never been happier. I'm even much more physically healthy than I've ever been before.

We have had arguments about various things, it's a healthy part of any kind of relationship. Learning about each other, being closely involved with someone, is an active process that continuously involves miscommunications and flares of upset - but they're always so quickly and fully resolved. It's such a pleasure overall.

We will probably get married fairly soon, in a registery office with no trimmings - just need to be able to afford rings and outfits, basically (so 'soon' can be taken quite loosely, could be years yet while we concentrate on other things/university). Starting the beginning of a life together with a full commitment, before we start building everything. It is just our style. It's not right for everyone, but we believe it is the right lifestyle choice for us. We could be wrong.
We're both 20.
I guess my 'I'm single' post didn't satisfy the person who negged me.
I'm single, I pretend that I'm a happy singleton but I would actually like to be loved. K?
Single for 3 years, such a long time. So the last time I had a boyfriend I was 14, how sad.
But I remember how good I felt, special etc. It was nice. However, I was kind of frigid. / nervous. I didn't know what to do. Anyway it was nice having someone. The break up was bad. Like he wouldn't look at me. I said hey, he said hey then walked away. He avoided me. He told my friends/ his new girlfriend he hated me. I would walk past and he would start kissing her loads. Woah. So then I stopped. It's been 3 years and still he hates me. We didn't actually say the words you're dumped or its over but we had an argument. :frown:, young love.

At times like this continuing with life seems impossible, and eating the entire contents of my fridge inevitable. I have two choices: to give up and accept permanent state of spinsterhood and eventually be eaten by alsatians, or not. This times a choose not. I will not be defeated by a Bad man and an American stick insect! Instead i choose vodka and Chaka khan!
Epic Bridget jones quote.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by SleepySheep
Oooh, awkward :frown:

Not awkward. Just really horrible and sad and hurtful for me :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest