The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8740
Original post by Clip
Ah, desert boots. It's like living in 1995 all over again.

And... ?
Original post by Dentalprodigy
Anyone have any recommendations for good clean cut harrington jackets? or any other similar casual jackets.

Slim fit would be preferable + not particularly keen on elasticated cuffs/waist, or anything that buldges out around the middle like some sort of puffy bomber jacket.

http://www.pullandbear.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/pullandbeargb/en/pullandbear/240501/454001/ZIP%2BUP%2BPIQUE%2BJACKET

I got this the other day, great little jacket. Normally a size small, but ordered a medium and the fit is perfect, great quality material as well.
Opinions on this watch?

Full automatic movement, crocodile leather strap. Lifetime guarantee as well with Rotary. Was £425 but I can get it for about £170. Would work well casually and with a suit imo.
Reply 8743
Original post by hash007
http://www.pullandbear.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/pullandbeargb/en/pullandbear/240501/454001/ZIP%2BUP%2BPIQUE%2BJACKET

I got this the other day, great little jacket. Normally a size small, but ordered a medium and the fit is perfect, great quality material as well.

how do pull&bear t-shirts fit? I ordered a gillet a while back in medium (my standard size) but it seems like their stuff normally fits small?
Original post by Scipio
how do pull&bear t-shirts fit? I ordered a gillet a while back in medium (my standard size) but it seems like their stuff normally fits small?

I have one t shirt from there in size small , feels like a slim fit t shirt but not too tight. Pretty impressed with what i've had from there so far, I'd get a size bigger for a jacket though. Small is 36 chest, Medium is 38.
Reply 8745
Does anyone know where to get burgundy loafers from?
Reply 8747
Original post by hash007
I have one t shirt from there in size small , feels like a slim fit t shirt but not too tight. Pretty impressed with what i've had from there so far, I'd get a size bigger for a jacket though. Small is 36 chest, Medium is 38.

Cheers, might grab a couple of their long-sleeve shirts on shall.
Reply 8748

Bloody hell didn't realise Jones' was so expensive :lolwut: I never let Loakes infect my feet though :colondollar: Looks like I might have to just try and wait for the summer sales nd try and find a decent shoe makers that happen to have them :sigh:
Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
They look great. Pretty much everything they sell does to, where is this store/brand located? I've never heard of it before.

Thanks man. COS only turned 5 this month, I worked for them for 3 years also so was nice to go back in and spend bit of cash that I don't usually have! They've about 6/7 stores in London, Brighton, Birmingham, Glasgow and Dublin. Mancs has a ladieswear dept at Selfridges but no menswear as yet. They really do have pretty good collections, it's reasonably priced and good quality also.
Reply 8750
Original post by Mess.
Bloody hell didn't realise Jones' was so expensive :lolwut: I never let Loakes infect my feet though :colondollar: Looks like I might have to just try and wait for the summer sales nd try and find a decent shoe makers that happen to have them :sigh:

I've been after some oxblood/burgundy-ish loafers too but with a more casual sole with just a saddle, no tassel or fringe. Very specific and I'm yet to find it :/. Might end up getting some driving shoes I think. I'm actively avoiding boat shoes!
Reply 8751
Really tempted by this Baracuta harrington, opinions?
G9S0001_039_A.JPG

Looks decent, I'd personally go for a beige/navy/black for a harrington though (saying that, I did originally want a red one...).

Picked up http://www.baracuta-g9.com/sale/B3381G9/5051235289185/f bargain price imo and made in England.
G9S0001_039_A.JPG

or.......

25_02_212_baracuta_g45_hooded_blue1.jpg
Original post by Scipio
Looks decent, I'd personally go for a beige/navy/black for a harrington though (saying that, I did originally want a red one...).

Picked up http://www.baracuta-g9.com/sale/B3381G9/5051235289185/f bargain price imo and made in England.

wow great price, wish it was that price in navy :P
Reply 8754
wow great price, wish it was that price in navy :P

Just make sure whatever you get is either G9 Slim or vintage fit (which is infact the slimmest one). Original is far too baggy.
G9S0001_039_A.JPG

or.......

25_02_212_baracuta_g45_hooded_blue1.jpg

Where did you find the red baracuta harrington? (already checked the baracuta site) fanks
Reply 8756
Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
They look great. Pretty much everything they sell does to, where is this store/brand located? I've never heard of it before.

COS is the premium division of H&M.
There should be one in all major towns.

Great clothes and quality; has Jil-Sanders look about it.
Reply 8757
Original post by GunnerMT
COS is the premium division of H&M.
There should be one in all major towns.

Great clothes and quality; has Jil-Sanders look about it.

Am I missing something? It looks like a limited collection of mostly dull clothing.
Reply 8758
Original post by Scipio
Am I missing something? It looks like a limited collection of mostly dull clothing.

Their website is rubbish and usually has only a small selection of clothes. Their stores are much better.
Reply 8759
Original post by paddy
Their website is rubbish and usually has only a small selection of clothes. Their stores are much better.

i'll have to swing by when i'm in Birmingham then I think!