The Student Room Group

Just realised i ate mouldy bread!! Help!!

i'm really scared right now!

i was making a sandwhich with a wholewheat bap. cut it in half, put some butter on it and some edam cheese. popped it into the oven for a few minutes so the cheese could melt, started eating it, turned the bap around and noticed that there was some green mouldy bits on the bottom. but by that time i'd already eaten over half of it.

and now it feels like my tongue is a little fuzzy. i'm reaally freaking out right now!!

has anyone ever eaten mouldy bread? what are the side effects that i should be expecting?

Scroll to see replies

There will be no side-effects, you're fine.

I once, unwittingly, consumed orange juice that was a month out-of-date and I was fine.
You'll be fine. Most people have eaten mouldy bread before. It's nothing to worry about.
Reply 3
You'll be fine. As a student, I regularly ate bread that had gone a little bit mouldy (obvs with the visible mouldy bits cut off!) Maybe I'm just a tramp though? :tongue:
Original post by christykai1049

i was making a sandwhich with a wholewheat bap. cut it in half, put some butter on it and some edam cheese. popped it into the oven for a few minutes so the cheese could melt, started eating it, turned the bap around and noticed that there was some green mouldy bits on the bottom. but by that time i'd already eaten over half of it.

and now it feels like my tongue is a little fuzzy. i'm reaally freaking out right now!!

has anyone ever eaten mouldy bread? what are the side effects that i should be expecting?

I don't think you will live for any longer, poor soul.
bread_monster_by_kangellove.jpg
CURSE YOU, BREAD MO00ONSTA
Reply 5
You're fine. Most people have eaten mouldy bread at some point.
Reply 6
Isn't it just penicillin on mouldy bread? Well, at least the blue-y parts might be.
Reply 7
Bread moud is fine. apparently the mould in blue cheese is actually bread mould, so it definitely isn't dangerous.
Unless you're very lucky, you'll be dead within 3 - 6 hours.
Reply 9
Yeah, basically you only have about 5 minutes left to live.
Reply 10
Original post by alexmagpie

Luckily, I was very lucky and survived.
Reply 11
Original post by pikaboo
Isn't it just penicillin on mouldy bread? Well, at least the blue-y parts might be.

No.
Reply 12
Original post by alexmagpie

You were much more lenient than me, lol :colone:
Reply 13
I made eggy bread with mouldy bread. Student life hah! Yeah, you'll be fine, you'll just convince yourself you feel ill!
Dead bastard :frown:

Have you ever eaten Roquefort? You'll probably be fine.
Reply 16

Mouldy bread killed my father and raped my mother. I'm sorry :frown:
Reply 17
Sorry OP but this made me laugh! I drank curdled milk once *shudder*
You think that is bad? When I was confined to the sofa last April with swine flu, my Mum had been feeding me mouldy brioche for at least two days running! I had about six of them!

It won't harm you. I am still here after that horrible experience!
I'm afraid that this will inevitably be fatal :frown:

The best thing you can do is make sure your affairs are in order.

I would say that 'Don't you forget about me' would be a good funeral song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdqoNKCCt7A
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest