The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Mobile signal in Bath

Guys I'm hopefully going to University of Bath in Sept and I would like to know which mobile network has the best signal in the uni campus? Is O2 any good? Many thanks.
On campus: Orange are good. O2 aren't very good (at least they weren't a couple of years ago when I was living on campus. Three are ok. Don't know about Vodafone.

In town: Pretty much all of the networks are good.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by WelshBluebird
On campus: Orange are good. O2 aren't very good (at least they weren't a couple of years ago when I was living on campus. Three are ok. Don't know about Vodafone.

In town: Pretty much all of the networks are good.

I'm on O2 now and I got virtually no signal when I went to the uni for an interview.
Original post by Jennyjelly
I'm on O2 now and I got virtually no signal when I went to the uni for an interview.

When I went for my Visit Day, I went on TSR using my mobile and it seemed to load at a normal-ish speed. Also, I did make a couple of phone calls and texts, so I can say that Vodafone's pretty decent there from my experience. I've also been to Bath separately and haven't had any problems (apart from downstairs in a Thorntons loo, but I don't want to go in to that :laugh:).

...hope to see you there, I've firmed a maths offer :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Contrad!ction.
When I went for my Visit Day, I went on TSR using my mobile and it seemed to load at a normal-ish speed. Also, I did make a couple of phone calls and texts, so I can say that Vodafone's pretty decent there from my experience. I've also been to Bath separately and haven't had any problems (apart from downstairs in a Thorntons loo, but I don't want to go in to that :laugh:).

...hope to see you there, I've firmed a maths offer :biggrin:

Cool! I've firmed Bath for pharmacy :smile:
Reply 5
thought you meant a bathtub...
O2 has really bad reception! but its fine in town.
Reply 7
What about the 3?
3 has good service everywhere.
I'm on Tesco which is basically 02, and it was pretty shoddy but it still worked. Just prepare to have most convos cut off or not hear people that well...and occasionally get texts half a day after they arrive. It's not that big a problem though.
Reply 10
If you live in Woodland Court (where I stayed), signal is really bad. I'm on Vodafone and get no service at all. However, I've got a Sure Signal Device (costs about £50) in my room which gives me full signal.

Quick Reply

Latest