The Student Room Group

How do I use fabric softener if my washing machine doesn't have a drawer?

It says on the bottle do not pour directly onto fabrics but if my washing machine doesn't have a drawer (a student at university, washing machines are pretty simple), then what should I do?
Reply 2
Use a 2-in-1 product?
Original post by jrules0193

It says on the bottle do not pour directly onto fabrics but if my washing machine doesn't have a drawer (a student at university, washing machines are pretty simple), then what should I do?

It's fine to just put a cap full in the main compartment with the clothes!
Reply 4
You need to use powder or capsule-type things.
Reply 5
I'd say use a 2 in 1 product as well. It's not really worth putting it in the drum with your clothes because it's not meant to come into contact with them until the washing machine rinses the clothes for the final time, so it'd just be washed away.
Reply 6
I'd thoroughly check the machine if I were you because me and a friend only realized that the machine did actually have a drawer after a year...
Original post by rachel.h
I'd say use a 2 in 1 product as well. It's not really worth putting it in the drum with your clothes because it's not meant to come into contact with them until the washing machine rinses the clothes for the final time, so it'd just be washed away.

Basically she means.. 'use a 2 in 1 product'. Jesse I know its student forum and all that but we don't need an essay here.
Original post by jrules0193

Your washing machine doesn't have a drawer? You my friend could have a time machine there..
You can put it directly in with the clothes, the only disadvantage is that it won't be blended in as well. Spread it lightly over all the clothes.
Reply 10
Get the Downy Ball. Works great. I use it here in the USA, quite common.

Do you have a dryer? You could use dryer sheets.
Reply 11
What sort of washing machine? The laundrette ones sometimes have a flap on the top for softener.
Reply 12
When you buy persil washing liquid you get a little ball to put your liquid in the drum. So just use one of these for the softner.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending