The Student Room Group

Parents on holiday

in the application it asks: At any time since 1 September 2009, has:

either of your parents, step-parents, guardians or
your husband, wife or civil partner

lived or worked outside the UK and Islands or in the case of an EU, EEA or Swiss National outside the EEA or Switzerland?

im not sure whether to tick yes or no, my parents have been abroad a few times(im a uk national) - once on holiday and the other time due to their parents being ill/ death of a close relative - do i have to tick yes - what effect will this have if I tick no?
Being on holiday or visiting foreign relatives doesn't count as living abroad.
Reply 2
Original post by electriic_ink
Being on holiday or visiting foreign relatives doesn't count as living abroad.

thanks, so what does?
Reply 3
Original post by jamieca
thanks, so what does?

living abroad...
Generally, you are considered to be 'living' somewhere if you are there for 90 days or more.
Reply 5
Original post by kopite493
living abroad...

yes but what exactly is "living abroad" ie what period of time ? 4 weeks, 8 weeks, 1 year?
Reply 6
Original post by brightonlad89
Generally, you are considered to be 'living' somewhere if you are there for 90 days or more.

thank you
holidays or visting family doesnt count as living there. i also hated filling out student fianance, the questions seem so confusing for no reason :s-smilie: :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by jamieca
yes but what exactly is "living abroad" ie what period of time ? 4 weeks, 8 weeks, 1 year?

living abroad is exactly how it sounds

are you on holiday?, visiting family, buisness doesnt matter how long these last

if you do not ****ing live there
Living abroad = paying local taxes, working and getting paid for it, renting as a resident, paying fuel bills, receiving post (other than a hotel), giving the "abroad place" as your "home address", having a local bank account - getting "mates rates" when hiring bikes and cars ....

I did all these when abroad for 3 months - that is not a holiday! Anything else doesn't really count
Reply 10
I'm guessing der' at Jamieca mun.
Original post by ediball
I'm guessing der' at Jamieca mun.

ha ha - permanently you mean and that makes the OP an international student :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest