The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 1
LOL!!!!!! If you dont have a chance i REALLY DO NOT! I'm applying to read economics... and I have 4As 2Bs and 3Cs in GCSE and AS Art B AS Business A and A2 Spanish A... I'm also doing A2 in Maths and Physics but I've just got UMS marks but not grades. I'm predicted AAA

PD: are you taking art for A2??? You are DEFINATELLY CRAZY!!!! It's going to be a lot of work, you know it dont u? I wanted to take History instead but it clashed with Physics :frown:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
yeh definetely you will get in, if you get what your predictions say.
Reply 3
If you back up these grades with a notable personal statement, i see no reason why not.
Reply 4
they'll probably make you an offer with the 'harder' three subjects - ie English, History and German
Reply 5
I got accepted to do philosophy and economics having AAAB in my alevels, in art, graphics, business studies and maths. So im sure you will have no problem getting on to the course, as 2 of my subjects (graphics and business studies) are not academic subjects unlike your english and history etc. They ask for AAB so if you get your predicted grades i dont see why they wouldnt let you in. A word of advice in your personal statement, link how your love of art stems from your love of philosophy, as they both inspire creative original thinking..that's what i did on mine :cool: good luck
Reply 6
Quiksilver
they'll probably make you an offer with the 'harder' three subjects - ie English, History and German

No, im doing philosophy at UCL having done art. i think art is regarded highly in the area of philosophy as it challenges the mind in a different way, compared to the "text book" subjects :tongue: and philosophy is all about different ways of thinking. carry on doing art, when your so good at it, and enjoy it :biggrin: im hoping to join art societies once i start, im going to miss art so much!
Reply 7
chats
yeh definetely you will get in, if you get what your predictions say.

who were you talking about?
Reply 8
Oh please! Take a reality check! What do you think? honestly? If you really don't know that that's good enough then you need to do more research before applying to university. Sorry if that sounds harsh but, well, its true. Even if you had no idea about UCL whatsoever those are perfect grades, you could not do any better - therefore of course they are good enough, they are good enough for anywhere! Whether you actually get in or not will be down to interview and personal statement.
Reply 9
To the person who started this thread -- those are amazing grades. Why do people like you ask questions like this?? Straight A* at GCSE; 3 predicted As at A-Level... and just one blip on the AS?

It's difficult to see how someone with those results be insecure about applying to University. Are you just seeking compliments?

For what it's worth - I want to apply to do economics, and am considering UCL. I got quite a few Bs, but apparently they're not really bothered by GCSE results as much as other Unis... so kitsune, I reckon you're in with a proper chance also.

x

Latest

Trending

Trending