The Student Room Group

Help with Student Finance and "Evidence of Compelling Reasons"

Hi, I need a bit of help regarding my student loan. I dropped out of my first year at university (2008/2009) then took a year out and now I've been accepted to go back to Leeds uni. I applied for my student loan on time and everything but am just a little bit concerned as to what's going on with my application right now.

When I log in the website tells me to select which evidence item I will provide to confirm your Course not completed reason, the options are "Evidence of compelling reasons" and "I can't provide any", I don't believe I've got any evidence so I tried putting "I can't provide any" and it accepts it and ticks my box and tells me that my application is awaiting processing.

But, if I logout and back in again, I'm back to square one again and it tells me that my "evidence" section is incomplete. It's been going on for days I'd appreciate any help you lot can give me?

Cheers
Reply 1
You've just got to call them and find out what's going on...it might just be a system glitch.

When I applied back in April, I had the same thing because I left my last course due to illness and I left it saying that I needed to send evidence. A couple of weeks later I got a declaration to sign and send back saying I agreed to their T&Cs...I sent that back and then got a letter saying that my application was complete and telling me how much they'd give me. I logged in to the website again a while later out of curiosity and it said that the application was complete.

So, upshot is that they might decide (though I don't know how they do...) that you don't need to send any evidence after all and give you the loan anyway. Best thing you can do is ask their advice. I still slightly live in fear that I've missed something and that come loan day, I'll get nothing...and be screwed! So let me know what they actually say about people who don't have evidence!
Reply 2
You are going to have to phone them! I needed evidence to send after completing only one year of a course a few years back - long story, but I just wrote them a letter saying why I left, and I got a declaration through a few days later and the online system was updated straight away. If you want the gist of the letter I sent, send me a message and I'll give you any help I can :smile:
Reply 3
OK I'll give them a call on monday. What kind of evidence are they likely to want do you guys know? Ta.
Reply 4
tekewley1
OK I'll give them a call on monday. What kind of evidence are they likely to want do you guys know? Ta.

Probably just the reason why you dropped out of the first course...that's all I sent off
Reply 5
Original post by LoopyLou25
Probably just the reason why you dropped out of the first course...that's all I sent off

Heyyy, my bf's in the same position, he did almost 2 years at Sheffield Hallam and dropped out cus the course wasn't what he wanted and he found a more suited course to him that was closer to home too. He's been asked to provide "evidence of compelling personal reasons" for dropping Sheffield Hallam and we don't know what to put :/ what did you put LoopyLou in your letter?

xx
Original post by smileyvik
Heyyy, my bf's in the same position, he did almost 2 years at Sheffield Hallam and dropped out cus the course wasn't what he wanted and he found a more suited course to him that was closer to home too. He's been asked to provide "evidence of compelling personal reasons" for dropping Sheffield Hallam and we don't know what to put :/ what did you put LoopyLou in your letter?

xx

better reasons than he's got!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending