The Student Room Group

Where/how will you open your results?

Scroll to see replies

Shred them.
It'll be a real mind****, I'll never know my potenital, putting me in a powerful position.
When I opened mine, I opened them the moment I got them, and I read the results, row by row, from top to bottom like any sane ****ing westerner on the Earth.

It isn't that big of a deal... They are not going to change depending on how or when you open them.
I'm not really bothered, for GCSE's most of our year opened it in the same room. With January unit one results I read them in the corridors alone. I'll probably look at the results in August with friends, but the problem with that is its really awkward when you get a higher grade than your friends and you say you think you've done rubbish.
Reply 23
i was in France when I got my GCSE results so my mum had to send me them in a text. For my As results I plan to just open them as soon as I get them
ah the days of gcse :P

I just ripped mine open, and this year I'll be collecting my sister's as she's on holiday with my parents. If she wants me to open them for her on the day I'll probably wait until I'm on my own to do it.
Reply 25
Original post by MathematicsKiller
When I opened mine, I opened them the moment I got them, and I read the results, row by row, from top to bottom like any sane ****ing westerner on the Earth.

It isn't that big of a deal... They are not going to change depending on how or when you open them.

I didn't mean that it would change them, I just meant would people like to be with other people when they find out if they've done well/badly/as expected and have a few moments for the news to sink in alone lol :P
On my own- my friends will laugh
At school, on the 25th, with my hands.
Reply 28
Last time i was going to wait til i was alone but then all my friends were opening theirs and a lot of them were disapointed with their results which made me more scared then i opened mine because i was getting kind of anxious and ended up with a's. This was year 10 so I have to go through it again in about 22 days and i really hope i did well...
Reply 29
The London Eye. So either 60 minutes of happiness or 60 minutes of contemplating what do...
I remember when I got my A levels, you got an envelope with your last module marks, and another envelope with your grades, I had written down on a piece of paper what I thought I would need to get in each module to get an A overall, and then I opened the module letter first, covering it with another piece of paper so that I could see one result at a time, and have some time to digest the result before moving on to the next one, so I got a gradual feel as for whether I was on for As overall or not. I remember Further Maths was the killer, I was going through the modules one by one and being 3 marks over what I thought I needed in this one, 2 marks down in that one, 1 mark over in that one, 2 marks down in that one....it was really nip and tuck but I just scraped it....it certainly made it dramatic and when I realised that by my calculations I'd got an A, the feeling when I opened the results letter and saw a run of As there was fantastic.

Always remember how to conduct yourself if you do well, there are people around who have done badly and it feels like the end of the world so the last thing they want is some irritating girl going OMG OMG I LITERALLY CANT BELIEVE IT OMG OMG MUM I GOT AN A, YES IM IN, IM IN, OMG IM CRYING, I CANT BELIEVE IT.
Reply 31
my gcses were two years ago, but me and 3 of my friends opened each others then passed them to person whos they were. i opened mine outside the school so there wasnt the whole pressure and worry of seeing people around you opening them with varying reactions from screaming, crying and cheering.
Reply 32
Original post by MagicNMedicine

Always remember how to conduct yourself if you do well, there are people around who have done badly and it feels like the end of the world so the last thing they want is some irritating girl going OMG OMG I LITERALLY CANT BELIEVE IT OMG OMG MUM I GOT AN A, YES IM IN, IM IN, OMG IM CRYING, I CANT BELIEVE IT.

I wish people were that considerate at my school! I'd never do that but people run around going "__________ beat you! HAHAHAHAHA how do you feel?!" :rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
I'll just open them when I get them. The surprise for my AS results were ruined for me though as the guy said well done to me when he handed me the envelope
Original post by Bluebell2525
I wish people were that considerate at my school! I'd never do that but people run around going "__________ beat you! HAHAHAHAHA how do you feel?!" :rolleyes:

Well that goes on more in the younger years. When it gets to A level the stakes are higher so to speak.

My GCSE results were a difficult one to deal with, I did well but not quite as well as I expected, and not as well as some of my friends. So although in general most people were telling me "ooh you've done well" I was just not really that excited.
Original post by laughylolly

Original post by laughylolly
I just got my results from SQA. I was on fb and I saw that people had started to receive results (even though they are supposed to come out tomorrow). I had a chocolate face mask on and I was sitting at my desk while I opened the text. I then jumped up and screamed my lungs out. My parents thought I had a massive spider in my room...

Were you screaming for joy?
Original post by Blueberry.
Were you screaming for joy?

Yeah, luckily I was.
Reply 37
I will be sitting in front of the computer, my hand violently shaking the mouse........
A&W$GSA$@$£@!!
Where: at school - along with everyone else in the hall
How: Think "results wont change whether i open it now or later" and tear the envelope open

edit; after typing this..... i'm getting more and more nervous. i might just take the envelope home :facepalm:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 39
I did my French early in year 9, so I opened my envelope with my friends as there was only one result. This time though I might go stand on my own when I get them. I said that last year though, and I was still with friends :biggrin:. I'll certainly look out for teacher reactions!

Quick Reply

Latest