The Student Room Group

Ucl law 2012

Anybody got a reply from UCL?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No :frown: Waiting for one, which is seriously stressing me out as a friend of mine got a reply 3 weeks ago. He got a rejection though, so surely not too bad not ot have heard?!
Reply 2
heard nothing yet. when do they usually
hold their interviews?
Reply 4
Original post by Odiem23
I got at AAA offer on Thursday 8th this month. I applied on 23rd September and did the LNAT on the 26th September

Do you know your Lnat score?
Reply 5
I was told that UCL is the only university that reads the Lnat essay!
Is it right?

Has anybody been accepted with a very low multiple choice score but a good essay and accademically very strong?
[QUOTE="APIS;35394701"]I was told that UCL is the only university that reads the Lnat essay!
Is it right? [\QUOTE]

That's blatantly not true.

Has anybody been accepted with a very low multiple choice score but a good essay and accademically very strong?

Nope, they (unofficially) specify a minimum of mid-20s.
Original post by APIS
Is it right?

I very much doubt it. All unis you apply to who use the LNAT will have your score and the essay. Bearing in mind the MCQ can be done well by pure chance (as it isn't based on negative marking so if you don't know the answer, you always have a chance of being right), the essay is, in many respects, more important. In fact, I know someone who was rejected from Durham a few years ago because they didn't think his essay was strong enough.
Original post by Odiem23
Lol obviously i don't know but i think it was probably good based on the offer & my Oxford offer too

Do the Unis know your LNAT score straight after you've done it or do theyfind out the same time as us?

LNAT tomorrow. Applying to UCL and Bristol. Sat the LNAT last year and ended up not applying so I'm not too worried, did pretty good last year, hopefully I'll improve and be very good this year, and get in to UCL. Thatss the plan anyway... :s-smilie:
Reply 9
[QUOTE="Doughnuts!!;35394788"]
Original post by APIS
Is it right? [\QUOTE]

That's blatantly not true.

Nope, they (unofficially) specify a minimum of mid-20s.

Where did you find out the LNAT requirement for UCL?

It says on their website, at least 20.
Original post by tehforum

Somebody rang them up last year and they said mid-20s. Maybe they've lowered their requirement now? :dontknow:

Anyway, PROGRESS REPORT!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Doughnuts!!

Original post by Doughnuts!!
Somebody rang them up last year and they said mid-20s. Maybe they've lowered their requirement now? :dontknow:
Anyway, PROGRESS REPORT!

It says on their website "In the region of twenty or higher"

That could either be "In the region of 20" (=18 at a push, 19, 20, 21, 22) "or higher" (=or higher)

Which would mean about 19 all the way up.

Or "In the region of" (=around) "20 or higher" (=20,21,22, 23)

Which would mean about 21/22 upwards.

However I think they don't automatically put applications in the recycling bin if you've got lile 17, 18 or 19. Rahter they'd work out WHY you got that and then decide if this makes you unsuitable.

Fair enough, if you get 10, 11, 12, 15/16 it might just be sent to the shredder but generally they try to look at it as much as possible as time allows.
P.S. However I think something like 23/24-30 Would be more impressive to them. Which doesn't mean people with lower scores are excluded but....
Original post by mathsmusicfrench
It says on their website "In the region of twenty or higher"

That could either be "In the region of 20" (=18 at a push, 19, 20, 21, 22) "or higher" (=or higher)

Which would mean about 19 all the way up.

Or "In the region of" (=around) "20 or higher" (=20,21,22, 23)

Which would mean about 21/22 upwards.

However I think they don't automatically put applications in the recycling bin if you've got lile 17, 18 or 19. Rahter they'd work out WHY you got that and then decide if this makes you unsuitable.

Fair enough, if you get 10, 11, 12, 15/16 it might just be sent to the shredder but generally they try to look at it as much as possible as time allows.

Nope, last year they pretty much rejected everyone with 23 and under. I think that an incredibly small number of people may have got in with less but I can't quite remember. Someone at Cambridge had a perfect academic record but got 20 in the LNAT and got rejected.

Not sure why, but UCL put a very heavy emphasis on the LNAT.
hi, im new and im applying to ucl also im doing my lnat this friday and im so stressed out by your comments..do they really put the most emphasis on the LNAT?
Reply 15
Original post by kvasileiadou
hi, im new and im applying to ucl also im doing my lnat this friday and im so stressed out by your comments..do they really put the most emphasis on the LNAT?

Hi. UCL include a range of things in their decision making. The LNAT is a part of the process. Just do your best and good luck.
Hey guys! I would say that those people who got 25 and higher probably automatically get into UCL if their academic profile is good as well. I mean if you get 25 and higher you have VERY high percentage of getting into UCL.
Original post by kvasileiadou

Yes, they DO really put a lot of emphasis on the LNAT. Even Oxford don't put as much emphasis as UCL.
Reply 18
I still havent heard anything from them, getting very nervous now as it is my favourite out of all my choices!
Reply 19
When did you apply?

Quick Reply

Latest