The Student Room Group

Did my 1st Skydive yesterday :)

If anyone else has done a skydive of any kind come here and share your experiences :smile:

My experience was awesome; I did a static line first jump course and then a jump on the same day.

I arrived so scared of heights that I could not look up to the sky, but as soon as I got in the plane my fear just disappeared. I can remember doing all my drills and checking the altimeter to see when to turn into the wind and everything. I also landed perfectly on my feet which I am very proud of.

It was the scariest yet most fulfilling thing that I have ever done. I am making this a weekend thing now, and am looking to progress on to freefall jumps at some point.

1000, 2000, 3000, 4000 SHARE :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone :smile:
Reply 2
I've never skydived but well done for doing it and getting over your fear.
I'd love to do it someday. Where abouts did you do it?
Reply 3
Original post by JakeyR
I've never skydived but well done for doing it and getting over your fear.
I'd love to do it someday. Where abouts did you do it?

Thanks :smile: I did it at Netheravon, it is a very cool place .. with plenty of room to land LOL

Yeah you should definitely go for it, it is very addiciting though I must warn you.
Reply 4
Wow nice and congrats :biggrin:
I've always wanted to skydive but never been able to since I've always been busy with college/school and I wouldn't know were to go :colondollar:
Were you attached to someone? or did you free fall yourself?
Also if you don't mind me asking was it expensive because I was told it is.
Reply 5
I have been thinking about going skydiving for a while. i'm just too much of a chicken to be honest and it looks really expensive. how much did it cost you? was it a solo jump?
how long are you in the air for?
i'm assuming you get training before ?

tons of questions, i'm trying to get myself to do it this summer.
I'd love to do an accelerated free fall, but it seems quite expensive.
Reply 7
Original post by TLK
Wow nice and congrats :biggrin:
I've always wanted to skydive but never been able to since I've always been busy with college/school and I wouldn't know were to go :colondollar:
Were you attached to someone? or did you free fall yourself?
Also if you don't mind me asking was it expensive because I was told it is.

I did a static line which means the chute opens for you.

The training course is 150 which includes a free jump, after that each jump ticket costs £35
Reply 8
This is probably the world's most stupid question, but I kinda wondered, what if you've jumped out the plane and then the speed of falling makes you feel sick? Do people ever throw up on skydives?
Reply 9
Original post by arbaaz
I have been thinking about going skydiving for a while. i'm just too much of a chicken to be honest and it looks really expensive. how much did it cost you? was it a solo jump?
how long are you in the air for?
i'm assuming you get training before ?

tons of questions, i'm trying to get myself to do it this summer.

I did a static line, so there was 6 hours of ground training + a jump all in one day for 150 quid.

The chute opens basically as soon as you leave the plane, so no freefall.

it is a solo jump, you are in the sky all on your own :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by tnajamie
I did a static line, so there was 6 hours of ground training + a jump all in one day for 150 quid.

The chute opens basically as soon as you leave the plane, so no freefall.

it is a solo jump, you are in the sky all on your own :smile:

that sounds pretty reasonable :smile: ah ok. solo jump, yikes that scares the hell out of me! :smile:
Me!
Reply 12
Original post by syrettd
This is probably the world's most stupid question, but I kinda wondered, what if you've jumped out the plane and then the speed of falling makes you feel sick? Do people ever throw up on skydives?

I have friends that do freefall all the time and the consensus is that you simply do not have time to be sick .. all you can think about essentially is not dying :smile:
What if the chute doesn't open, what are you supposed to do?
Reply 14
Original post by pinda.college

you then need to deploy your reserve :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by x-Sophie-x
Me!

what did you do? Static, Aff or tandem?
Reply 16
I have friends that do freefall all the time and the consensus is that you simply do not have time to be sick .. all you can think about essentially is not dying :smile:

Haha, ok. I was wondering about it for ages! :tongue:
what did you do? Static, Aff or tandem?

AFF :')
you then need to deploy your reserve :smile:

What if your reserve cocks up too?

Just wondering lol.....

Also when you land do they come back down and pick you up, or are you left to find your own way back?
Reply 19
Original post by A.galloway
I'd love to do an accelerated free fall, but it seems quite expensive.

Mine cost £1650 I think, for 18 jumps in total, plus the ground-training and stuff.

Original post by pinda.college

No problem - you've got the rest of your life to fix it.

Quick Reply

Latest