The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by outlaw-torn

So, goal is to lose 6 or 7 pounds by the 6th June. I hope I can do it! My motivation is always wavering as I'm unhappy at uni but I'll get through it. :biggrin:

Well that's pretty much the amount I need to lose as well to stay on track for my goal so fingers crossed we can do it!

Didn't get on the scales this morning, go me. Not because I've cured my scale obsession; just because it was way too cold to even think about taking my PJs off haha.
Reply 2981
I am officially laying off the running until I can get my leg seen to. Sigh. Gonna try to put it up for much of today but that's going to be difficult given the amount of work I need to do. :emo:
Went for a super dooper long walk yesterday with my cousin because she's losing weight too (not voluntary, nurse says she HAS to or she'll change her pilll subscription) and she said I could use her treadmill if I wanted it's http://www.amazon.co.uk/Reebok-i-Run-Folding-Treadmill-Pink/dp/B006JZAB2M that. Sorta basic as there's one incline or flat setting but I was just wondering how often would I have to jog, at what speed and how frequent would I have to do this in order to see a difference. I don't want to take liberties but I can't afford the gym and there's no way I'm confident enough to jog outside yet so I was wondering could I get away with jogging on the treadmill once a week or would it need to be more often?

Thanks for any help :smile:

-- on a side note I've lost 2 pounds in 2 weeks, I'm a little bit disappointed as I was hoping for a larger weight loss (on Saturday I was 1 pound away from losing 4 pounds but I put some on - I think due to ttotm) Just got to work harder on it!
Original post by Stir fried Giblets
I've lost 2 pounds in 2 weeks, I'm a little bit disappointed as I was hoping for a larger weight loss (on Saturday I was 1 pound away from losing 4 pounds but I put some on - I think due to ttotm) Just got to work harder on it!

Well done on losing the weight. I always get disappointed with little losses too, but as everyone on here tells me it's much better than a STS or a gain!
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Well that's pretty much the amount I need to lose as well to stay on track for my goal so fingers crossed we can do it!

Didn't get on the scales this morning, go me. Not because I've cured my scale obsession; just because it was way too cold to even think about taking my PJs off haha.

I hope so! :smile:

--------

Gonna be an odd day today again, more snacks and not many proper meals. I fail. It's within my calories (by a large margin). It's just cause I'm going home today (last day of term, therefore no food in and don't really want to buy anything)

Breakfast: two slices of toast with flora (weighed it all out)

Dinner: mixed berries geo bar, original mini muller rice, green apple

Tea: no idea, going straight to my boyfriends so hopefully not something too bad.

Snacks: wotsits
Reply 2985
Women's problems

Spoiler

Original post by sauce
Women's problems

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 2987
Original post by outlaw-torn

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by sauce

Hope you feel better soon, that sounds pretty miserable :-(. I can hardly cope with my usual 4 days!!

..I'm struggling a little bit at the moment. Not diet or exercise wise because I'm actually really geared up, but more about whether I NEED to lose a full stone more.

I look at myself in the mirror and fair enough I still have a bit of flab that needs to be shifted, but I'm not sure it's a full stone that needs to go. Obviously I'll play it by ear as things go along, and of course I'm thrilled that I'm almost at the "perfect" weight for my body, but there's something I'm struggling with about changing my goal.

The whole way along, it's always been 105lbs that I need to lose to get to the magic BMI 22. It's the amount everyone thinks I need to lose, and I have countdown things all round the house to remind me of how far I've come. But now, at a size 10-12, I'm thinking I don't need to go that far! Obviously I had no idea how I'd look at this weight when I started because I haven't been this weight since I was 11, and even then I was half a foot shorter so I can hardly compare that. But the thought of NOT reaching this "goal" seems weird and uncomfortable for me. No idea if that makes sense.

Chances are I'll end up losing the stone anyway because I don't know where the fat is going to come off, but if I don't need to I think it will be a slight anti climax!
Original post by sauce

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Hope you feel better soon, that sounds pretty miserable :-(. I can hardly cope with my usual 4 days!!

..I'm struggling a little bit at the moment. Not diet or exercise wise because I'm actually really geared up, but more about whether I NEED to lose a full stone more.

I look at myself in the mirror and fair enough I still have a bit of flab that needs to be shifted, but I'm not sure it's a full stone that needs to go. Obviously I'll play it by ear as things go along, and of course I'm thrilled that I'm almost at the "perfect" weight for my body, but there's something I'm struggling with about changing my goal.

The whole way along, it's always been 105lbs that I need to lose to get to the magic BMI 22. It's the amount everyone thinks I need to lose, and I have countdown things all round the house to remind me of how far I've come. But now, at a size 10-12, I'm thinking I don't need to go that far! Obviously I had no idea how I'd look at this weight when I started because I haven't been this weight since I was 11, and even then I was half a foot shorter so I can hardly compare that. But the thought of NOT reaching this "goal" seems weird and uncomfortable for me. No idea if that makes sense.

Chances are I'll end up losing the stone anyway because I don't know where the fat is going to come off, but if I don't need to I think it will be a slight anti climax!

I think you look amazing as you are now, and even though your goal was originally BMI 22, not everyone can look healthy at a healthy BMI (if that makes sense!!)

Like now, I think you look really healthy and perhaps you wouldn't like your appearance as much as now if you continued to lose weight. You've done so amazingly, and don't feel uncomfortable about changing it - like you say just play it by ear, and maybe think about maintaining your weight and just exercising more to tone up? :biggrin: Maybe toning up after losing all this weight will help you to feel more comfortable with your body.

The perfect weight for your body isn't a defined number - I apparently weigh the same as I did this time last year, but I'm a lot stronger, faster, and slimmer. And my BMI is 23 (up from 21 when I started uni), with visible ribs, cheekbones, and collarbones you could use as a wardrobe rail. Get to a point where you feel happy looking in the mirror, and forget about the numbers. No-one in real life ever asks "how much do you weigh?", they just tell you look awesome. Start focussing on what you're going to do after you hit your target (whether that's your original one or a revised one), set goals for fitness instead of weight-related ones. Else your mindset of "STS=bad" is going to backfire once you reach your target, so you need to start thinking differently about it in advance. Sorry if that comes across as patronising, it isn't meant like that, but you've done so well at losing the weight that I'm concerned that switching to a maintenance routine is going to be difficult :hugs:
Lovely breakfast - sliced strawberries, 2 sliced alpen light bars (choc fudge mmm) and vanilla muller light :smile: slightly sad though, that was the last of my strawbs and they're no longer BOGOF in tesco. Can't afford £3 on a tiny pot!
Ended up buying a sandwich in the library for lunch, and it was horrible :sad:
I hate having crap food, it seems like such a waste of calories...
Reply 2994
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37397467']Ended up buying a sandwich in the library for lunch, and it was horrible :sad:
I hate having crap food, it seems like such a waste of calories...

Agreed! I hate going out for a meal, and then it not being very nice. Just feels like such a massive waste. One good thing about eating healthily is that while I still eat chocolate, cake etc, I much prefer to eat it less often and actually buy decent stuff rather than just eating junk:smile: It's still calories, but at least then you feel they're worth it!
Reply 2995
Original post by infairverona
Lovely breakfast - sliced strawberries, 2 sliced alpen light bars (choc fudge mmm) and vanilla muller light :smile: slightly sad though, that was the last of my strawbs and they're no longer BOGOF in tesco. Can't afford £3 on a tiny pot!

Get to Aldi. 1.29 for a huge punnet. That goes for all of you. Get your fruit and veg from Aldi, it's fantastic quality and very cheap!
I'm going to pretend that my birthday meal tonight is full of non existent calories. I'm not sure it'll work..
Original post by sauce
Get to Aldi. 1.29 for a huge punnet. That goes for all of you. Get your fruit and veg from Aldi, it's fantastic quality and very cheap!

:redface: you are a lifesaver! Tesco costs me sooo much, I don't even go out clubbing etc but I swear fresh fruit and veg drains my loan! Ridiculous how you can get 5 jam donuts for less than 70p in sainsburys but a tiny pot of strawbs is 3 pounds :frown:
Reply 2998
Original post by flamingoshoes
I'm going to pretend that my birthday meal tonight is full of non existent calories. I'm not sure it'll work..

calories don't exist on your birthday OR Christmas. FACT. :wink:
Original post by betty_w
Agreed! I hate going out for a meal, and then it not being very nice. Just feels like such a massive waste. One good thing about eating healthily is that while I still eat chocolate, cake etc, I much prefer to eat it less often and actually buy decent stuff rather than just eating junk:smile: It's still calories, but at least then you feel they're worth it!

Exactly! It's just annoying thinking that for the same number of calories, I could have had the 600g tub of Gloriously Skinny Soup that's in my fridge with a alive of seeded toast and a handful of cherry tomatoes, rather than a chicken and stuffing sandwich that had no taste and somehow managed to be dry and smothered in butter at the same time.

Going to make up for it with a tasty dinner - sausage Bolognese and a biiiig bowl of salad with balsamic vinegar. Oh, and a cheeky glass of Rose. Since it's Friday :wink:

Really need to make sure I run tomorrow and Sunday, otherwise I won't fit in 3 runs this week :s-smilie: been having lots of early starts this week, and just didn't fancy getting up at 6 to run, especially since I've not been sleeping all that well. Think I might do a longer (3.5 miles) run tomorrow, since the weather forecast says it's going to be really cold (hate running when it's warm), followed by a fast mile and sprints on Sunday. Plus I might be getting a takeaway with friends tomorrow night, so it would be a good idea to get some decent exercise in to balance it out...
(edited 11 years ago)