The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6620

Aldebaran - Embracing the Lightless Depths

Doom metal, nice and slow. Fantastic stuff, I recommend you guys check it out.
Original post by vaughn_
Examples of death core bands

All Shall Perish
Animosity
As Blood Runs Black
Bring Me The Horizon
Burning Skies
Dance Club Massacre
From The Carnival Of Horrors
Glass Casket
Job for a Cowboy
Killwhitneydead
The Red Chord
See You Next Tuesday
Suicide Silence
Thine Eyes Bleed
Through the Eyes of the Dead
Underneath the Gun

all of these bands are immense

Sorrryyyyy but BMTH are not deathcore.
Original post by Betacra
Monocyte? I listened to that a couple times, really good stuff.

That's the one, yeah.

Those that haven't listened to Ancestors before really need to do so:
Original post by adsm_inamorta
Sorrryyyyy but BMTH are not deathcore.

Yeah, they kinda are. I also disagree with the suggestion that all those bands are "immense".
Job for a cowboy easily take the title of worst band I've ever seen live. Even ahead of all that remains and shining they take that.
Original post by Betacra

Aldebaran - Embracing the Lightless Depths

Doom metal, nice and slow. Fantastic stuff, I recommend you guys check it out.

Good album. Backed hard. With my penis. Which is always hard. Because I'm a men.

These guys sound kinda like Altar of Plagues meets Deathspell Omega. Maybe with some Shining. And they're really good.

Off the top of my head the only Russian BM I can think of that's better is Walknut.

Original post by metalthrashin'mad
Even ahead of all that remains and shining they take that.

What does this even mean? I'm guessing it means that you thought Shining sucked live. If so, which one? Because the Swedish (i.e. good) Shining have always been good when I've seen them.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by concubine
Good album. Backed hard. With my penis. Which is always hard. Because I'm a men.

These guys sound kinda like Altar of Plagues meets Deathspell Omega. Maybe with some Shining. And they're really good.

Off the top of my head the only Russian BM I can think of that's better is Walknut.

What does this even mean? I'm guessing it means that you thought Shining sucked live. If so, which one? Because the Swedish (i.e. good) Shining have always been good when I've seen them.

I don't know which one, but they were on the bill with Posthum, Dark Fortress and Satyricon. They were boring as ****, and the singer was just wasted on jack daniels and kept making out with the bassist. Went to the gig with my friend, and after half a song we went to the bar and waited for it to finish.

Thinking about it mayhem were poor as well, but nowhere near as bad as those 3
Original post by metalthrashin'mad
Job for a cowboy easily take the title of worst band I've ever seen live. Even ahead of all that remains and shining they take that.

Please tell me you're talking about Shining (Swe) not Shining (Nor). The latter are INCREDIBLE live.

Job For A Cowboy are piss live but I've seen worse. Worst would either be Rolo Tomassi or The Way Of Purity.
(Swe) > (Nor).

And I don't get how you can appreciate Satyricon and Dark Fortress and not Shining.

But yeah, the singer is a dick. Him and Wrest should get a room together and Wrest can rape him with his tattoo gun and they can dick each other and make great music till their dicks fall off.
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
Please tell me you're talking about Shining (Swe) not Shining (Nor). The latter are INCREDIBLE live.

Job For A Cowboy are piss live but I've seen worse. Worst would either be Rolo Tomassi or The Way Of Purity.

The one with Karlforth or something like that. They just sucked.
Shining (Swe) - the one with Kvarforth - are just kinda mediocre and boring, and I think that comparing them to Leviathan is insane. They make kinda poppy DSBM and to be honest, I don't think that works.

Speaking of DSBM, I love Silencer's vocals.
I didn't compare the bands. I just said the two should be put in a room, because they're both morons, and they make good music.

Silencer's vocals are okay until he does the OTT stuff then it just sounds stupid.

> Silencer.

But then 99% of the time atmospheric BM >>>>>>>> 'depressive suicidal' BM. And this track is just ambient anyway.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by concubine
(Swe) > (Nor).

And I don't get how you can appreciate Satyricon and Dark Fortress and not Shining.

Maybe they were just **** live, like i say the singer was wasted, and the band looked uninspired. The singer spent most of the gig clutching his JD bottle and swigging from it in instrumental bits. Plus I guess DF are the band that got me into metal. I don't like Satyricon's modern stuff, but they put on a great performance.
Reply 6634
Original post by adamstandage

EDIT| Also has anyone heard new Suis La Lune?

Not all the way through, but what I've heard I've liked. I'm going to see them in July with Veils and We Came Out Like Tigers, really excited.
Reply 6635
[video="youtube;ocFxQjPeyiY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocFxQjPeyiY&ob=av3n[/video]

[video="youtube;UYdfsZRURF0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYdfsZRURF0[/video]

[video="youtube;QmfHoesWQ8Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmfHoesWQ8Q[/video]

All the threads about Religion reminded me to post those three songs.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
Speaking of DSBM, I love Silencer's vocals.

They are certainly memorable. One of my first experiences with black metal as a whole was Silencer.

Musically Death, Pierce Me isn't an impressive album. Has some good riffs pn one or two songs and that's about it. The reason for being interested in it is Nattramn and his insane ways. I'm not sure how much that is written about him is actually true. I know the pig trotters photo is faked, but he believes in HAL (humani animali liberati) - rejecting humanity and transcending to animal form, or something like that. It's not exactly surprisingly that he spent so long in a mental institute. I'm not sure if he's still there or not. From looking at the website I think he's still harbouring these views so probably isn't safe to release.
http://humanianimaliliberati.com/index.htm
Reply 6637
Original post by Pi!
Not all the way through, but what I've heard I've liked. I'm going to see them in July with Veils and We Came Out Like Tigers, really excited.

Mmmm, heard it once all the way through, doesn't quite grab me like new Loma Prieta did, still very enjoyable though. Veils seem to have suddenly jumped up in popularity out of nowhere. I mean, I heard their EP a few weeks after it came out and it was really good but in the last few months, everyone is listening to them?! [Never listened to We Came Out Like Tigers]
Is it just me or does metal make every **** pop song turn good?

There are covers of pop songs by metal bands that are good. Then there are these contrived, attention whoring, generic covers that appear all over Youtube. These are awful.

Probably helps that they're covering a real pop song, but still.

Latest