The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Free food and booze at work <3
Original post by Crisps
It's all to do with the DfT. It's them who decide what trains go where, unfortunately. Train companies can't just go out and buy some new trains. Some franchises such as Northern and Arriva Trains Wales are not even allowed to apply for new trains, they have to make do with cascades from other operators. So, even though we have a privatised railway, the government still has a heck of a say in the running of the whole thing.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire HD A9191

Fascists. :colonhash:
Original post by dbmag9
aargh exams are in like a week and i don't know how to do maths **** **** ****.

Aww, thanks guys.

you can do it!!!!!!!!!!
Is anyone else's gaydar shocking? Short of wearing a t-shirt with "i <3 clunge" on it, I have no idea how I'm gonna meet girls when I go to Mexicoooo! :teehee: I'll just have to spend two weeks watching my friends pull guys... :sigh:
Original post by goodcookies
Is anyone else's gaydar shocking? Short of wearing a t-shirt with "i <3 clunge" on it, I have no idea how I'm gonna meet girls when I go to Mexicoooo! :teehee: I'll just have to spend two weeks watching my friends pull guys... :sigh:

Mine is pretty bad- the only person I was completely sure on was one of my close friends...I'm hopeless with most people..I definitely need practice haha :smile:

Mine is absolutely terrible. I'm utterly clueless unless someone is a real life example of those horrendously OTT camp gay/butch lesbian stereotypes you see on TV. One of my friends from school sort-of fitted that stereotype but I've now decided he's not gay, just a total narcissist!

I thought it was mandatory to receive a gaydar when one 'came out'. :fuhrer:

I don't have one at all :emo: My friend's pretty good at it though, so usually I shove him in front of them and shout "WHAT ABOUT THAT ONE?" :mmm: I'm joking... He is pretty good though.

Maybe you could just leap in a make out with them and then say "Oh, that's what we usually do in Britain to people we just meet..." if they're not gay. :sexface:
(edited 11 years ago)
Mine's reasonably tuned, actually. I just don't get the opportunity to use it.
My gaydar is exceptionally well-tuned. If I like a guy, there's p<0.01 probability he's gay.

With women, yeah, it's shocking.
Reply 3369
I was supposed to revise today, but instead I went up to a friend's house and we all ate chocolate and played card games, table tennis, pool, and sardines.

I also came back to my house to find it full of people, including really hot guy from my year who I had a crush on. I got confused so I put on my PJs and ate a croissant.
Original post by Liam_G
I was supposed to revise today, but instead I went up to a friend's house and we all ate chocolate and played card games, table tennis, pool, and sardines.

I also came back to my house to find it full of people, including really hot guy from my year who I had a crush on. I got confused so I put on my PJs and ate a croissant.

The best solution to any problem :biggrin:
Original post by Theatre_student
Mine is pretty bad- the only person I was completely sure on was one of my close friends...I'm hopeless with most people..I definitely need practice haha :smile:

Original post by Mr. Snrub
Mine is absolutely terrible. I'm utterly clueless unless someone is a real life example of those horrendously OTT camp gay/butch lesbian stereotypes you see on TV. One of my friends from school sort-of fitted that stereotype but I've now decided he's not gay, just a total narcissist!

:hugs: Maybes we'll get better in time. I hope so anyway. :smile:

Original post by The Puppet Master
I thought it was mandatory to receive a gaydar when one 'came out'. :fuhrer:

I don't have one at all :emo: My friend's pretty good at it though, so usually I shove him in front of them and shout "WHAT ABOUT THAT ONE?" :mmm: I'm joking... He is pretty good though.

Maybe you could just leap in a make out with them and then say "Oh, that's what we usually do in Britain to people we just meet..." if they're not gay. :sexface:

Haha I wish! Does that ever work for you? :tongue: Having no gay friends sucks. :sigh: Ahhh so you mean go for the Mexicans? If they looked anything like Callie from Grey's Anatomy I'd have no qualms.. :sexface:
So, I'm sat at home, alone... :lolwut: making progress through a bottle of Grey Goose. Gah... I need to get some friends/a boyfriend. It's Friday ****ing night. :colonhash:
Totally haven't just spent the last hour crying at my father about how little I have to look forward to in life and how much I manage to be such a complete screw-up at everything I try. FFS. I know some women get arsey when other people try to blame their emotions on PMT, but in this case I'm swearing blind that either hormones or alien brain invasion is involved.

Maybe both. If you don't hear from me in 24 hours, assume the FBI have tracked me down and are holding me in Area 51.

Am shattered, but now too stressed to go to bed. Way to go, brain. Eating jelly babies and watching an entire season of Scrubs on DVD is an acceptable alternative to sleep, right?
:hugs: Maybes we'll get better in time. I hope so anyway. :smile:

Hopefully. It's annoying having no gaydar and therefore not having the courage to approach anyone. Whereas I apparently radiate gheyness like an Elton John Christmas special. :rolleyes: Nearly everyone seems to automatically know I'm gay without needing to ask, and I have no idea what it is about me that makes it so obvious.

Original post by Mad Vlad
So, I'm sat at home, alone... :lolwut: making progress through a bottle of Grey Goose. Gah... I need to get some friends/a boyfriend. It's Friday ****ing night. :colonhash:

Ditto, except I don't even have the Grey Goose to keep me company. :frown:
I find it really tough to make friends; sober me is too quiet and cold, and drunk me compensates for this by being loud and irritating. :sigh:
Haha I wish! Does that ever work for you? :tongue: Having no gay friends sucks. :sigh: Ahhh so you mean go for the Mexicans? If they looked anything like Callie from Grey's Anatomy I'd have no qualms.. :sexface:

Pfft I wish I had the confidence to do that in the first place :tongue: I have many gay friends, you can have some of mine... They're all male though. :rolleyes: :mmm:

I'm sure there are loads of fit Mexicans :sexface: I wouldn't complain with Jessica Alba.

:sexface:
Original post by The Puppet Master
I'm sure there are loads of fit Mexicans :sexface: I wouldn't complain with Jessica Alba.

:sexface:

Eva Longoria... Ana de la Reguera...
Reply 3377
Alexis Bledel is a fit Mexican(-ish).

On an unrelated note, I feel sick for no obvious reason.
So cold :erm:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone App
Hello hangover. Hello memory loss. Hello picture of me Aparrently asleep at 11:30. Never drinking again.

Latest