The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Millie228
I just went to another website which cited Kate Upton's measurements as 36-25-34. And that is definitely rubbish. If you look at her photos, she has no hip to waist ratio at all (it's one of the things that's been said about her) and she has a wide waist. NOT buying that it's 25 inches.

That's what I thought as well, there's no way it's 25
I'm about average. Stats are 5'8.11, 9 stone 5 pounds or 60 kg, 37.5-26-34.5. I mainly wear sizes 8/10 in most stores depending on the article of clothing. But I'm quite top heavy (37.5 is all boobs, but it balances out as I do have a bum), So I have to careful in type of clothes I buy. My body shape is supposedly a Top Hourglass, but I feel that I'm rectangular. But these celebrity websites are full of *s**t. Some may be true and some may not be. But it's essentially a bog about celebs, so its hardly a place to be full of truths. For example according to this website - http://www.howmuchdotheyweigh.com/jennifer-lawrence-weight/

How Much Does Jennifer Lawrence Weight? - She doesn't talk about her weight but she is rumored to be 125lbs or 56.5kg
How Tall Is Jennifer Lawrence? - During an interview she said she was 5’7″ and a half which is 171.5cm
What Are Jennifer Lawrence’s Measurements? - 34-24-30 (75-60-65)
What Is Jennifer Lawrence’s Bra Size? - 34C

Which is bull as she is much curvier and has a pear shaped figure. Before The Hunger Games where she had to keep fit, you clearly see that she has more of 36.5-27-36 and taller at 5"9. So don't believe everything you read on these webpages. In these picture below she is with Nicholas Hoult who is 6"2.5, taken after The Hunger Games for clarity. So don't feel so self-conscious as I think Jennifer Lawrence looks amazing, as does most of Hollywood and I would love to her figure. Be proud of your shape and embrace it.

jennifer-lawrence-nicholas-hoult-london-lovebirds-03.JPG jennifer-lawrence-nicholas-hoult-london-lovebirds-04.JPG
(edited 11 years ago)
34,24,34. I'm 5ft 4 and somewhere between 95-105lbs.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 23
I've been working on losing weight and getting fitter, so I went from a 34-24/25-37 to a 34-23-35. Okay, that isn't really that much of a difference, but clothes fit a lot better now. The parts that didn't shrink were my forearms (11") and my calves (14"), but that said, they have always been fairly large in proportion to my body. My thighs shrank a whole half inches :facepalm: It's alright, I'm going to keep persevering.
I'm 32-25-34, 5"7, size 8 and 10 for shorts, trousers, etc :smile:
Celebrities have personal trainers and shiz so I wouldn't worry. Just make sure you're happy with your measurements and forget what theirs are :biggrin:
Reply 25
Original post by Silly_Lily
36-25-36. My waist used to be a lot bigger, but I lost a lot of weight when I changed my diet. All my weight seems to go to my arms and thighs though, so swings and roundabouts :dontknow:

How did you change your diet? I'd love to get an inch or two off my waist but keep everything else the same.
Reply 26
uuurrggh there are so many of these threads!!!!!!!!!!!

:banghead:

if you look normal, then your measurements are normal. do you look the same as your friends? no.
Reply 27
Original post by bethany18
How did you change your diet? I'd love to get an inch or two off my waist but keep everything else the same.

I'm curious, when you measure your waist, how "tight" do you keep the band? Do you keep it really loose?
Everybody is different, ergo shall have different measurements.

Celebrity measurements are all usually speculated because who would publically reveal what their measurements are?? Besides, the media like to distort things and make people feel inferior in order to sell their agenda (Feel fat? Buy this thing and it'll make you thinner! etc.).

If you feel good about your body, isn't that enough? Everybody is beautiful in their own way despite measurements and blah.
33-24-33.

Surely as long as you're happy (and not unhealthily obese) it doesn't matter?
35-29-38 , waist used to be a lot smaller, then i got fat lol
I'm 5'8 and generally a size 12 in clothes, top and bottom :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
I just went to another website which cited Kate Upton's measurements as 36-25-34. And that is definitely rubbish. If you look at her photos, she has no hip to waist ratio at all (it's one of the things that's been said about her) and she has a wide waist. NOT buying that it's 25 inches.

agreed, this is NOT true. she has a great body but it is quite "plank-ish" as in her waist does not go in and her hips aren't that wide.

also, OP, measurements aren't a great way to image someones body, since people have different shapes as well which affects measurements.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 32
34-26-39
Bust: 36" | Waist: 24" | Hips: 33"
All rounded up by half an inch.

It wouldn't surprise me if celeb measurements printed online were false.
Reply 34
Original post by Bellissima
agreed, this is NOT true. she has a great body but it is quite "plank-ish" as in her waist does not go in and her hips aren't that wide.

also, OP, measurements aren't a great way to image someones body, since people have different shapes as well which affects measurements.

One way to look at it is with hip/waist ratio. It should be less than 0.80 to be healthy.
Obviously it doesn't take bust measurements into account (your boob size doesn't matter for your health anyway). A hip/waist ratio of 0.7 is said to be the most feminine, but of course there are different measurements which could give that result.

If Kate Upton had those measurements, it would give her a hip/waist ratio of 0.74, which is not too far off, when in reality she is far from a Marilyn Monroe-shape.
I also read in Daily Mail that Kate Moss and Jessica Alba are supposed to have the "ideal" measurements of 0.7, which is ridiculous! If anything, those two have the more "plankish" shapes in showbiz.
My hip/waist ratio is 0.68 so a bit 'curvier' than that, but there is no way Kate Mos has a similar shape to mine - she looks straight up and down to me.
Wow a lot of you guys sound like you have nice waists!
I'm kind of feeling fat now :redface:
34A-29-37 at 5 foot 6 - I wear size 12 in most things
I have a sh*t figure, small boobs and a thick waist :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 36
I'm curious, when you measure your waist, how "tight" do you keep the band? Do you keep it really loose?

Just tight against the skin, but not not breathing in or too tight so it's squashing you (the smallest part) haha bust meadurement is the biggest part of your boobs & hips is the biggest part of yours hips which includes your bum (its a little further down than you first expect), just for anyone who was unsure

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire
Reply 37
Original post by bethany18

I became a vegan. I think all those dairy products weren't helping! :tongue:
Reply 38
bust-34
waist-26
hips-32

I'm 16, I'm 5ft 3 and I weigh 8stone :smile:

this sounds really like .... massive :s-smilie: :s-smilie:

- why have i been neg'd over this?
(edited 11 years ago)
How can so many of you have such small waists in relation to your bust/hips? :eek: I'm almost 'straight up and down' 33-29-31 :s-smilie: I'm usually an 8, though sometimes a 6 and sometimes a 10.

Latest

Trending

Trending