The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

... ::: GUILDFORD to LONDON ::: ...

alright, guys. i'm quite new to london (like 2 months or so), i have never ever been to g-ford in my life. could anyone please tell me what's the fastest way to get from guildford to london, how much does it take and how much does it cost, and - prolly the most important - where in london do i get to?

the thing is, i've got a fairly good job now, and i wouldn't like to leave it - so it would be good to get to know if there is any possibility of commuting, even on the every-second-day basis. i have no idea how far it is, though - if i'll be, like, able to get there in, like, one hour one way (it takes me one and a half now, i ain't got no school obviously at the moment, tho), so i'll be persisting on keeping it. is there any way of getting a bus/train that will take me from guildford to central london in less than an hour and for some reasonable fee?

much thanks for any help with that (b^_^b)

cheers
Reply 1
Train goes from waterloo i think. British rail website says that it takes 33 minutes on the "fast" direct train and about 55 on the train that stops all the time. (thought it was further than that personally though)

Google British rail and put in LONDON to GUILDFORD for prices - they vary i think with what time of the day. i looked yesterday and got about £9 one way
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 3
ok, thanks; somebody once said that you can get, like, £7 return ticket from Guildford to London for a train - anybody knows anything about that?

£9 one way would be £18 both ways, 4 times a week it's £288 a month, no way i'm gonna afford that, ugh!
Actually its £7.45 day return with a student railcard but all depends on how many journeys you make a week for it to be feasible financially.
Reply 5
i may make as much journey as part-time work may require me to. no idea how many days a week is 'half-time job', logically thinking it's gonna be either 3 or 4 ;]

can i get a student railway card while being an eu-citizen with non-british citizenship? any ideas? :wink:
Reply 6
make it "journeys" (yeah, i'm too lazy to edit my previous post xP)
Reply 7
Dynamitri
i may make as much journey as part-time work may require me to. no idea how many days a week is 'half-time job', logically thinking it's gonna be either 3 or 4 ;]

can i get a student railway card while being an eu-citizen with non-british citizenship? any ideas? :wink:

You can get it as long as you have a student card.
Reply 8
It's really easy to get to/from London from Guildford. Mainline trains from Waterloo go via Woking and then Guildford. There are also slower ones that stop in between, and another route via Chobham which is pretty slow. Trains tend to go anything between every 30 minutes to every 10-15mins in the mornings.
Reply 9
Come back to Surrey from clubbing the trains are quiet grim, they stop really early.
Last train back 00:09 First train 05:00 Weekdays
Saturday into Sunday first train back is about 7 from Waterloo
Reply 10
damn, that's tough! :s-smilie:

i quit that job anyway, try'na find sumfin @Guildford now, we'll see how far it goes

;]

Latest

Trending

Trending