The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hopefully - LOW!
C3 and C4 next week :frown:
Reply 2
who took s1 s2??
Reply 3
i took S2 :biggrin: slightly worried though, because apparently you needed 68 for an A this January !!! With regards to C4 , my teacehr said the grade boundaries tended to remain fairly constant throughout the years ( 80, 70, 60 % etc ) Don't know whether thats good or bad !!!
c1 was okay (went excellently for me), so maybe average.
c2 was really easy (for most) so probably high raw marks.
m1 was average (from what i hear on tsr, but was really tough for me)
m2 was easier than expected (easier than m1 for me) so expect higher raw marks.
c3 and c4: hoping for an easy paper WITH lower boundaries.

Edit:This is just a speculation, not a discussion of the actual (m2?) exams.
Reply 5
mazda12
i took S2 :biggrin: slightly worried though, because apparently you needed 68 for an A this January !!! With regards to C4 , my teacehr said the grade boundaries tended to remain fairly constant throughout the years ( 80, 70, 60 % etc ) Don't know whether thats good or bad !!!

68/75 for an 80 UMS?????..u serious?..wow thats highh..jan 2010 was easyy...but june wasnt far out aswell..was a decent paper..messed up a few questions thoo...hoping to ace c4!..lol
Reply 6
virjee786
68/75 for an 80 UMS?????..u serious?..wow thats highh..jan 2010 was easyy...but june wasnt far out aswell..was a decent paper..messed up a few questions thoo...hoping to ace c4!..lol

Haha, I know, when our teacher gave us the paper to do as a mock over study leave, I didnt think it was too bad , but the idea of 68/75 being only 80 Ums was slightly worrying...( so like 1 mark could cost 3 UMS :eek: )
Yeah June wasnt too bad, I think the rectangle question has caused a bit of a stir !!! All sorts of numbers/answers/possible theories being thrown about on TSR , and amongst my friends ( fingers crossed please be 2/3 or please give me some credit for my working!!! ) :p:
Ahhh C4 :/ I keep doing really silly things, and getting differentiation and integration confused !! One thing I'm worried about is having enough time, I ususally always finish quite early , but when I work through the past papers, I'm quite slow :o: I just hope its a fair paper !!! :biggrin:
Reply 7
I wouldn't mind some answers like:

Out of the 200 marks (100 for non and 100 for calculator)

A = ??
B = ??
C = ??
D = ??
E = ??
F = ??
G = ??
U = ??
Reply 8
mazda12
Haha, I know, when our teacher gave us the paper to do as a mock over study leave, I didnt think it was too bad , but the idea of 68/75 being only 80 Ums was slightly worrying...( so like 1 mark could cost 3 UMS :eek: )
Yeah June wasnt too bad, I think the rectangle question has caused a bit of a stir !!! All sorts of numbers/answers/possible theories being thrown about on TSR , and amongst my friends ( fingers crossed please be 2/3 or please give me some credit for my working!!! ) :p:
Ahhh C4 :/ I keep doing really silly things, and getting differentiation and integration confused !! One thing I'm worried about is having enough time, I ususally always finish quite early , but when I work through the past papers, I'm quite slow :o: I just hope its a fair paper !!! :biggrin:

that sure is worryinggg..whew!..hopes of bagging an A are slim now..lol..c4 is my only bet..i need to get atleast 90 UMS..inorder to cover up for s1 n s2 blunders..lol..all said-maths remains the easiest subject to score an A..wat say?..do u take business?..or eco?
Reply 9
virjee786
that sure is worryinggg..whew!..hopes of bagging an A are slim now..lol..c4 is my only bet..i need to get atleast 90 UMS..inorder to cover up for s1 n s2 blunders..lol..all said-maths remains the easiest subject to score an A..wat say?..do u take business?..or eco?

Ahhh I heard this years S1 was quite weird :/ Im in a similar position, I need to try and get 90ish UMS for an A*, me thinks it aint gonna happen, .... ooh, I do chem , phsyics and bio , so maths is probably the easiest to get an A in for me too, Ii take it your a future economist ? :p:
Reply 10
mazda12
Ahhh I heard this years S1 was quite weird :/ Im in a similar position, I need to try and get 90ish UMS for an A*, me thinks it aint gonna happen, .... ooh, I do chem , phsyics and bio , so maths is probably the easiest to get an A in for me too, Ii take it your a future economist ? :p:

Haha..noooo..i take business eco math..i plan on doing Bachelor of Business...no eco..lol..lis..could i ask u for a favour?..do u knw anyone in ur school who takes Business edexcel at A2 level?..if yes..i need the Unit 4 Business guide...will u remember to ask?..lol..i need it urgently..id really appreciate if you cud ask around..
Reply 11
virjee786
Haha..noooo..i take business eco math..i plan on doing Bachelor of Business...no eco..lol..lis..could i ask u for a favour?..do u knw anyone in ur school who takes Business edexcel at A2 level?..if yes..i need the Unit 4 Business guide...will u remember to ask?..lol..i need it urgently..id really appreciate if you cud ask around..

Ahhh okies :smile: Yeah I have a friend at sixth form who does business studies, but she said they dont do edexcel :frown: I'll ask if some other people do, and If I find out, I will pm you :yep: Good luck with revision and exams and stuff !!!
Reply 12
pleasee..thanks alot!!!..good luck to you aswell! :smile:
Reply 13
BrainKing
I wouldn't mind some answers like:

Out of the 200 marks (100 for non and 100 for calculator)

A = ??
B = ??
C = ??
D = ??
E = ??
F = ??
G = ??
U = ??

Oh, you mean GCSE Maths
Most of us assumed you mean A level maths..

Just aim for 80 % - A, 70% B...
it gets standardised based on difficulty