The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
RxB
phone charger phone charger phone charger

About a third of people forget them.

Take note Kirsty ... you need to remember 2 phone chargers and some DVDs too :p:
Reply 61
Anyone bringing a bike?
Reply 62
Grifter
Anyone bringing a bike?

yeh, helmet and lights and everything...
Are there places I can buy a bike down there? We don't have a bike rack for the new car. :s:
Reply 64
Feefifofum
Are there places I can buy a bike down there? We don't have a bike rack for the new car. :s:

Yes.
oxymoron
Yes.

Do you know any names?...
Reply 66
Feefifofum
Do you know any names?...

Place off turl street by covered market. Don't know names but they have new and also second hand bikes I think and can provide tyres/repairs and stuff. Never used it myself but pass it all the time! Celebrations, a good bop shopping place, is almost next door.
Reply 67
sleeping pills. I hate taking unnecessary pills, but I hated my 2 weeks of insomnia last time i crossed "the pond" even more.
Reply 68
Should I buy a bike when in the first term, will there be a place to store it at holidays, rather than dragging it back and forth to Dorset 6 times a year?
Reply 69
whauden
Should I buy a bike when in the first term, will there be a place to store it at holidays, rather than dragging it back and forth to Dorset 6 times a year?

don't know...depends on your college. Lincoln has an underground locked bike shed and I'm hoping my bike will still be there when I get back <crosses fingers>
Reply 70
Hoofbeat
don't know...depends on your college. Lincoln has an underground locked bike shed and I'm hoping my bike will still be there when I get back <crosses fingers>

Is there no centuries old custom that you give us BNC-ians beer and take our bikes into your sheds? :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 71
Door stop! Thought it would be a bit more friendly to have an open door. And I'm a friendly wendy.

my name is not actually wendy

aussi, coasters for mugs, wooly mattress cover incase the bed isn't very comfy, flip-flops to wear in the shower.. umm I'm obviously taking lots of other things but those are (some of) the ones I nearly forgot to get. I'd better get a packin'!
Reply 72
Hoofbeat
Place off turl street by covered market. Celebrations, a good bop shopping place, is almost next door.

Aww genius!! I'm not very good at fancy dress kinda things other than school or being a fairy... so I'm not bothering taking anything apart from my prefect's tie and long socks hehe... but I'll be right on Turl St :smile:
Ppl have been talking about bop costumes but i dont know what mine is. ah well. im just taking pretty much what everyone else is taking
Reply 74
random stuff I have accumulated (mainly at the insistence of my Mum) includes:
- extension leads
- tea/coffee/chocolate
- mini first aid kit
- small sowing kit
- shoe cleaning stuff
- washing powder
- high-dry thing
- washing basket
Even if it all fits in the car I doubt that there will be enough room in my room to keep it so it may all be making a swift return up North on Monday!
Reply 75
mad_moo
Ppl have been talking about bop costumes but i dont know what mine is. ah well. im just taking pretty much what everyone else is taking

Don't worry I don't know either - hence no real constume

@ LauraS

Well I've got the extension leads, the hot drinks and the first aid stuff... And there are enough collapsable wash baskets in my room for me to steal one :wink:
Reply 76
LauraS
random stuff I have accumulated (mainly at the insistence of my Mum) includes:
- extension leads
- tea/coffee/chocolate
- mini first aid kit
- small sowing kit
- shoe cleaning stuff
- washing powder
- high-dry thing
- washing basket
Even if it all fits in the car I doubt that there will be enough room in my room to keep it so it may all be making a swift return up North on Monday!

Yeah about the same also cos my mum says so, its nice to see more manchester people in oxford, saw you went parrswood, i live manchester end of kingsway(sorry everyone laura should know what i mean) I know some people from parrswood Jessica Daggers, Stuart Walker both are off to oxbridge you should know them.
Reply 77
Things I forgot in my first term that you should remember:
Hi-fi remote
Calculator
Cash
Cutlery

If you do decide to forget things, it helps to have a friend a couple of minutes away who's coming up after you :biggrin:
Reply 78
To add to the list:

Coat Hangers
Cufflinks
Unmentioned:
CDs!
Stereo!
Printer
Bottle Opener + Corkscrew
Pictures + Wall Hanging
Washing Machine Tablets (spot the washing machine virgin)
Coffee + Tea
Long-life milk
Highlighter Pens! (the secret to academic success)
A litre bottle of vodka + shot glasses (2)
Floppy Disk of my Favourites folder!
Pen Knife
Glasses + Glasses Case + Glasses Wiper Thing

Wow.... no more TSR for me once I get to Oxford. Only academic websites and music blogs. Gonna rock.

Latest

Trending

Trending