University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by TheSelfAcknowleged
Have any of you re-sat any exams, or are going to next year?

im resitting one of my politics modules.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 41
American studies! fingers crossed! :smile: :smile:
Reply 42
Am applying for Communications and Electronic Engineering
Reply 43
Has anyone got an offer yet? :smile: Still waiting...
Reply 44
Applied for English... waiting for my UCAS form to be processed :biggrin:
Reply 45
Original post by lozvegas

i got an email the other week syaing they have my applitcation...

i applied on the 28th September and still no offer :frown:
Original post by lozvegas

Got one today for History and Politics :biggrin:
Wah! I want an offer!
I've applied to Leicester for Human Geography. Sent 6th October, just an acknowledgement so far! It is my home uni, and only really decided to apply fairly last minute. But what with higher tuition fees etc, and not really sure I'm ready to leave home, decided it would be a good choice. plus i loved the look of the course when I went to visit on open day. I know the uni fairly well anyway as can go there from college. :smile: always in the starbucks in the students union building! and the new library is cool. wouldn't move into halls tho!
Reply 49
hi guys, i havent had the chance to visit the univeristy so am wondering if it is a campus university as in the prospectus it kind of claims it is then says how close it is to/in the city so I am quite confused! also does anyone know about the nightlife there and the careers department and sports?
thank youuu :smile:
Original post by yanimus
hi guys, i havent had the chance to visit the univeristy so am wondering if it is a campus university as in the prospectus it kind of claims it is then says how close it is to/in the city so I am quite confused! also does anyone know about the nightlife there and the careers department and sports?
thank youuu :smile:

Yes it is a campus uni, not as big as some other unis such as Leeds. But it is then about a 20 minute walk from there into city centre, or 5-10mins on the uni hopper bus. Nightlife is fairly good I think, (I don't go out at night much, I'm not a student yet, but have applied for Leicester and live here) Careers department I don't know. Sports - the sports facilities are about 2miles from campus, next to the halls of residence in Oadby. They are currently ok - there's some astroturf pitches, a running track, some tennis courts, and a gym. but the gym is being re-built and it look amazing!!! pool, sauna, gym, etc. I'm a public member at the moment, so use it quite a lot! Feel free to ask any more questions, I have a reasonable knowledge of uni and city, although not yet a student!
Eeeeh got an offer yesterday for Law :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 52
Original post by madrid90
I might apply to read law, but i'm unsure whether there law faculty is first-rate.

Leicester has an amazing law department - one of the best in the country!!
Reply 53
applied for biological science yesterday :smile:
I'm applying for Ancient History and Archaeology!! I was told to visit Leicester by someone on a dig I was on-- before that I hadn't thought about it at all, but I visited, and it was grrrrrrreat!!!!!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 55
Original post by Sirrod
Leicester has an amazing law department - one of the best in the country!!

Congratulation on your offer, may i ask what AS grades you got, and what your predicted grades were? Also, is leicester your firm choice?
Reply 56
Got an offer from Leicester for Biological Sciences (Genetics) today!
Reply 57
economics. good idea?
Original post by odacel
There is a gym in the SU on campus as well. A sportscard works both places.

oh yes, that's true. i forgot that. hardly used it as i live nearer to the manor road gym, and when i did go on campus it was a bit scary in there!!
Reply 59
Original post by emma363

Original post by emma363
applied for biological science yesterday :smile:

i applied too, but mine was an insurance choice for medicine :biggrin: GOOD LUCK hope you get in :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest