The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Aberystwyth Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

I've sent my UCAS application away today too. I've applied for Political Studies :smile:
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 81
Original post by Erich Hartmann

Cheers for your input, I think Ill definitely go for a visit and check out the housing situation before I decide.
I never thought about using the Scandi mafia, brilliant tip.
Original post by Philemon
Cheers for your input, I think Ill definitely go for a visit and check out the housing situation before I decide.
I never thought about using the Scandi mafia, brilliant tip.

It will be a good thing to do... the housing situation is only set to get worse so it is indeed something to think about.
Reply 83
Received acknowledgement. Just waiting for them to process it and to give me back an offer. Hope I get a good offer though :smile:
I got a conditional offer yesterday for Marketing!
280 Ucas points required which is very achievable as it includes general studies. :smile:

Are there any other propective Marketing students out there?
Aber is going to be my firm so it'll be nice to start getting to know a few people.
(edited 12 years ago)
Wooh, my application has been sent :awesome: Aberystwyth is my back-up - it was Northumbria, but then I realized, Aber is so close to me that it'd be impossible to live at home, but I could go home whenever I wanted because it's about an hour away by train :awesome:
Reply 86
Yes recieved two conditionals from Aber. Interpol and Interpol/International History
Original post by cab12
Yes recieved two conditionals from Aber. Interpol and Interpol/International History

Congratulations! I guess you enjoy politics? :tongue:
Reply 88
Original post by The Optimistic Ram
Congratulations! I guess you enjoy politics? :tongue:

Thanks. Well the course looks really interesting, just got to decide which one to choose now.
Received an unconditional to study economics and international politics the other day but forgot to post here :smile:
Original post by cab12
Thanks. Well the course looks really interesting, just got to decide which one to choose now.

Hey do u mind me asking what was your offer, (3 B's?) as I have also applied, and how do u compare this course to a standard International Relations course ??
Reply 91
Original post by TRUE_GOONERM
Hey do u mind me asking what was your offer, (3 B's?) as I have also applied, and how do u compare this course to a standard International Relations course ??

The offer is for 300 points (3 B's). I think they are very similar as both deal with politics but I chose Aber because it has a great reputation.
Reply 92
Hey everyone,

I'm a currently in my first year at Aber Uni, so if you have any qs, please don't hesitate to ask!
Reply 93
Original post by Natti
Hey everyone,

I'm a currently in my first year at Aber Uni, so if you have any qs, please don't hesitate to ask!

What course are you studying and what is the work load like?
Original post by Natti
Hey everyone,

Do you enjoy the genereal lifestyle at Aber (as a place to live)?

What made you choose Aber over your other choices?

:smile:
Reply 95
Yaay got a conditional offer today from Aber for French with German :smile:
I've applied for English with Creative Writing! woo!

I havn't heard anything from UCAS ...no welcome letter yet.

but....patience is a virtue so they say.
Original post by saraaaah
Yaay got a conditional offer today from Aber for French with German :smile:

Wooh!!! Congratulations :smile: Is Aber your preferred Uni? I've decided it's certainly mine :cool:

Original post by purple_starlight
I've applied for English with Creative Writing! woo!

I havn't heard anything from UCAS ...no welcome letter yet.

but....patience is a virtue so they say.

My favourite quote that is :smile: Good things will come for those that wait!
Do you mean the acknowledgement email? If so I had my email for Aber a few days after my application was processed. Here's hoping for speedy news. :smile:
Reply 98
Original post by The Optimistic Ram
Wooh!!! Congratulations :smile: Is Aber your preferred Uni? I've decided it's certainly mine :cool:

Yeah it is! Well, I'm undecided between it and Chester atm.. I love the look of them both!
I applied for English Literature and Psychology :smile:

Quick Reply