The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

How hard is it to get a place in halls at Kingston University?

Well I've got an offer for teaching at Kingston university and i deffo want to stay in halls the first year.

however it says on their website that they can't offer everyone applying a plce and you find out it you've got a place very late on.

I can't commute as i live over 3 hours away by bus and 2 hours by train . Also i don't know if i would be eligible for accommodation as i'm unaware about if i'm within the 15 mile radius. :eek:

Can anyone offer any advice as i'd hate to firm Kingston only to find out i have nowhere to live :angry:.
Any current students????
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
The list on the accomodation website of halls is all they offer and doesn't cover first years by a long way. There was a romour going round that Clayhill may be extended.
I know quite a few people who didn't get halls and who are rented, and had very little time, most had from about a month to look, find a place and move in. May be worth speaking with current first years as there will be houses that won't be full next year, and they would know about July time.
wow! Thats very depressing to know. I would hate to commute for 2 hours every to and back from uni and miss out on the whole uni experience. Gonna put some serious thought into whether i should firm kingston or not now.
the uni is good, and there is a LOT of accomodation avaliable privately, you will definately find accomodation whether it be halls or not.
Reply 5
Lots and lots and lots of private accomodation is availible in Kingston
Reply 6
I'm a first year and I didn't get into halls. They left it quite late to tell people if they'd got into halls or not but loads of people still managed to find housing as there is a lot of private housing available. You can also get put on a waiting list for halls if you don't get in...I know quite a few people who've managed to move into the halls in the last month or so.
Reply 7
How on earth does it take you 2/3 hours to commute if you live 15 miles away?
Original post by jackf1337
How on earth does it take you 2/3 hours to commute if you live 15 miles away?

VERY easily. Especially as most people go by tube then get SouthWest trains to Surbiton or Kingston. Or go in to London then back out.
Original post by b1505
I'm a first year and I didn't get into halls. They left it quite late to tell people if they'd got into halls or not but loads of people still managed to find housing as there is a lot of private housing available. You can also get put on a waiting list for halls if you don't get in...I know quite a few people who've managed to move into the halls in the last month or so.

there was an email from accomodation about moving out in January. I'm not, but know people that are and know people who have 1/2 thier flat move out and new flatmates.

They did leave it late. I got halls in August, but late and nearly started looking for private, but got an email saying I got in.

Quick Reply

Latest