The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology Unit 1 - 12th January 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
yep,yep and yep, all parts of the body that produce hormones are organs...or well the ones i know
Reply 21
yup
Reply 22
Hey guys what did you put where it says "Suggest a stimulus"

I think I put "Pressure/Temperature"

What did you do?
Reply 23
Its pressure, the knee was hit with a mallet like object, i highly doubt its a temperature difference as there was no mention of the object being ice cold/ super hot.
Reply 24
Well at least I put pressure. Anyway what did you put about the 6 marks question for evaluate the use of 2 type of drugs (About cholesterol).
Reply 25
i put knee jerk test and in brackets hammer to bellow knee (pressure)
Reply 26
You have to mention the advantages of statins ( reduces likelyhood of heart attacks), advantages of cholesterol blockers, disadvantages of statins, disadvantages of cholesterol blockers and form your own opinion/conclude which one you thought is the better drug.
I think i made a mistake with putting a general conclusion as i wrote something along the lines of 'using drugs such as 'statins....blockers' are better than not taking drugs as the benefits outweigh the health risks' which is prob 1-2 marks dropped.
Reply 27
Original post by shibucool

Original post by shibucool
Well at least I put pressure. Anyway what did you put about the 6 marks question for evaluate the use of 2 type of drugs (About cholesterol).

I just wrote what was bad about both of them, and the dangers, and then the conclusion that the second drug was less dangourus:smile:
Reply 28
That Zorse was pretty cool:wink:
Reply 29
Original post by bhamrambo

Original post by bhamrambo
I reckon the grade boundaries are going to be quite high, 52+ ish for A*. I personally found it quite easy and many people in my school did too.
What did you guys put for 'name an organ that produces hormones?'
I put pituitary gland but thats not a organ :frown:

So many people wrote that! I put Pancreas
Reply 30
How about the one where you have to pick the best country suited for the squirrel habitat.

I chose Scotland.

What about you?
Reply 31
lol,the zorse was cool. I agree :biggrin:
Reply 32
yep i put scotland, highest proportion of 17%.
Reply 33
The pituitary gland IS an organ, and the question was to EVALUATE when you evaluate you have to come to a general CONCLUSION. putting something as short as, using ... far outweights the risks of taking ...
Reply 34
^^^
Like your going to get 6 marks with something as short as that, i think you need to do some aqa specimen papers! evaluation answers must include 'pros' (advantages), 'cons' (disadvantages) and a conclusion!
Reply 35
hahah i meant as a conclusion not the entire thing!
Reply 36
What was the question and answer about the what the mmr vaccine treats?
Just wondering when it asked about roles of FSH LH and Oestrogen do you think you needed to state pituitary gland? Also the second six mark question wasn't assessed on good english was it?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 38
Um..it was something to do about what other things is MMR used for..

I wrote mumps. Didn't know anything else.

Does anyone know the last question and answer? the competittion one?
Reply 39
Original post by chicken15642
Just wondering when it asked about roles of FSH LH and Oestrogen do you think you needed to state pituitary gland?

well i think so if u write that oestrogen stimulates the pituitary gland to make LH.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending