The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5740
Original post by Lakhvir.Singh
I think everyone hates me now :frown: How did it go? :hugs:

Hello! It went good and bad lol :/ I got AABCE :cry2: I'll send you a proper pm soon explaining properly haha. How did you do? :smile:

That's good Lakhvir! Ah I will tell you when you PM me. :frown:
EDEX Gov/Pol Unit 1 - 70/100 B (resitting as I want a secure B)
AQA Sociology Unit 1 - 70/80 A
Original post by Tullia
Well done. :biggrin:

How did you do? 100ums in biology im guessing? Haha
Reply 5743
Original post by Onee-chan
Thanks! :biggrin:

I doubt I'll be able to give useful advice :colondollar:, but I found doing questions from the textbook really useful (more so than past papers), so maybe do more of that? If there are any specific problems I can try and help? :tongue:

How did you do? :biggrin:

thanks for the help,
lol, i got:
edexcel C1-c
ocr economics-d
aqa psychology-e

so angry over my results over myself, i revised so hard for them too,
i'm gonna have to retake all of these in summer. :sigh::unimpressed:
Original post by britchick
Question: if you re-sit a unit and get worse, do you always keep the higher (i.e. original) mark?

I think you get the better mark, it's only the remark that you can get your marks down.
(edited 12 years ago)
English - C (expected a B)
Biol4 - D (expected B or higher)
**** **** day.
Reply 5746
I got 90/100 in C4 :confused: and 100/100 in D1 :biggrin: - and some GCSE results.
Reply 5747
I'm in Year 11 and sat C1 Maths early and got an A (97/100 UMS)! Over the moon ^^
Reply 5748
who has done OCR salters f334 - I got a B and no one my in sixth form got an A - i got the highest mark I was just wondering what other people got?

I also got a B in f215 bio which i was happy with :smile:
Reply 5749
So summer 2012 looks like this
14th May AQA Human Biology Unit 1 Resit
15th May-OCR A Chemistry Unit 1 Resit
21st May AQA Human Biology Unit 2
23rd May-OCR A Chemistry Unit 2
29th May-AQA B Psychology Unit 2

Yay. :/
Reply 5750
E,U Like a baws.
Chemistry - 100/120 A
Psychology - 66/80 A
C1 maths (retake) - 99/100 A
C2 maths - 86/100 A
Biology F212 - 144/150 A

So proud of myself :') Never thought I would get an A in chemistry
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Kruz
Are you serious 'Okish' you did amazing, you should see mine and then you'll reconsider that statement you've made.

Lol my dad's thinking of putting a Quota on the computer because of my results :P
don't know why i started revising mid November.
Reply 5753
Original post by cuckoo99
unlucky mate, dont give up hope- im in the same boat accept i didnt get a U for chem i got a D

i was :/ but most people on this website are just jokers, i mean most people saying they are annoyed that they didnt achieve 3 A's or 3 A* and only got AAB. i would of be chuffed to achieve an A.....

Hahahhahahhahahhahaha ! Guess we're the "normal" ones who really ****ing hate Edexcel. There was a girl today who was soo babyish and crying her head off bcs she got an A not an A*! God I freakin' hate those ppl -_-
Original post by britchick
General question to anybody but possibly mostly to Physics students:

Just got results back for a re-sit and got 94/120 UMS for Edexcel Physics Unit 2 (B grade). 2 more UMS marks would make it an A. Is it worth getting re-marked? Because, ironically enough, when I originally sat this paper I got a "high E", then got it re-marked and it dropped like 6 UMS marks. So it is possible for marks to change on Physics papers. But I'm just scared in case I lose marks again because every single mark counts (trying scrape every single one together as possible!)

Hi, I am in a quite a similar sitaution, got 95/120 in WJEC Physics and 1 of an A. However, I don't think its worth resiting to be honest. Just nail the next module if you have one. Also if you previously dropped some marks from re checking, then obviously there could be a risk again. so think carefully, you have a High B try some other ways into getting it an A.
so pissed that I was 2 marks away from an A in biology
A in BIOL4, A in D1, B (1 UMS from an A) in F321 resit.

Then D in F324 and E in C3. How have I gone from near 100% in mocks and past papers to that? :s-smilie:
Got a C in Politics Unit 1 & don't know yet what I got for C1. Quite upset. :frown:
Reply 5758
Original post by nm786
thanks for the help,
lol, i got:
edexcel C1-c
ocr economics-d
aqa psychology-e

so angry over my results over myself, i revised so hard for them too,
i'm gonna have to retake all of these in summer. :sigh::unimpressed:

Thats how I feel. I've got a potential tutor, just going to work even harder than before. I got A AQA psychology, U OCR A chemistry and D OCR Biology.
Core 1 - B 79/100
Law 1 - C 67/100
Law 2 - C 67/100
Law 3 - D 55/100
Economics 1 - C 65/100
Economics 5 - U 31/100

2 resits for June! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest