The Student Room Group

Glasgow School of Art, GSA 2012 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ohirome
Do you know if that applies across all subjects or just for photography?

I'm unsure, I was just informed by the university this was when the last batch of applicants where getting their reply.
Reply 301
Original post by AlexandraKate
I'm unsure, I was just informed by the university this was when the last batch of applicants where getting their reply.

ok cool! It seems the offers, rejections and interviews are still being drip-fed out to people. Strange.
Reply 302
Rejection. Wasn't entirely unexpected, I just got my hopes up due to everyone else I know getting rejected weeks ago. Ho hum! Crossing my fingers for ECA, my first choice. :smile:
Rejection for me too, was a nice delusion while it lasted! C'mon Dundee!
Reply 304
rejection as well... Has anyone heard back from dundee?
Original post by tani.
rejection as well... Has anyone heard back from dundee?

Just an info pack for submitting the folio. Architecture have apparently heard back.
sorry about all the rejections, guys :frown: just hold your head high
Reply 307
I received an email asking for a prediction from my tutor on how I will do on my TOEFL exam.
what am I supposed to understand from this? That the TOEFL exam is the only thing standing in the way of getting accepted?

There is nothing on my UCAS Track decision, not even Conditioned... does this mean they are still considering my application?
Reply 308
Sitting waiting and hoping I receive an invitation for an interview for Architecture. I haven't heard much about Architecture applicants getting interviews either so I'm feeling really out of the loop.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 309
Original post by MattXLink
Sitting waiting and hoping I receive an invitation for an interview for Architecture. I haven't heard much about Architecture applicants getting interviews either so I'm feeling really out of the loop.

same here, still havent heard back :frown: ive also applied for architecture, im getting so nervous and annoyed now :confused: :mad:
Hiya, is there anyone who got unconditional for a photography department ??
Reply 311
unconditional offer for Product Design @ GSA :biggrin:
Reply 312
Original post by words are missing
Hiya, is there anyone who got unconditional for a photography department ??

Yep I did, ridiculously excited :smile:
Me too! I didn't expect that, they were very skeptical. Do you know how the facility look in photography, how they are equipped? (studio, darkroom, store etc) I missed open day.
Well done to everyone that's been given an offer! I've still not heard anything since my interview which was almost a month ago, anyone know if interiors made any offers/rejections yet?
Reply 315
Me too! I didn't expect that, they were very skeptical. Do you know how the facility look in photography, how they are equipped? (studio, darkroom, store etc) I missed open day.

same, i really had no idea how the interview went, looking through accommoation atm, only looked round briefly, but liked what i saw...

just found this on the site so looks like we'll be sorted:
Multi-unit colour darkrooms, enlargers - printing any format from 35mm to 5 x 4" and one of the largest colour printing facilities in any Scottish art institution. Colour negative processing lab, three black and white darkrooms able to produce mural size black and white prints and multi-unit digital darkrooms incorporating negative scanners, quad print and colour print facilities. Alternative process darkrooms, photographic studios, a film editing room, an audiovisual room and a range of print finishing facilities are also available. All Fine Art students have access to electronic media resources in the Rootstein Hopkins Suite.
(edited 12 years ago)
Ok, thanks. For me it looked like 50 years in the past. The building is beautiful but inside need renovation. I hpe that we'll have some class in the Macintosh building.
How was your interview, what did they ask you?
Reply 317
Ok, thanks. For me it looked like 50 years in the past. The building is beautiful but inside need renovation. I hpe that we'll have some class in the Macintosh building.
How was your interview, what did they ask you?

yeah i know what u mean, but i kind of like the oldness of it, but the mack is definitely better. umm they asked me about my photography in general, what im interested in other than photography, to talk about my one of my pieces, my favourite gallery in london and if i would accept a place if they offered- which thinking back might have been a clue. you?
Reply 318
Any news from Painting&Printmaking? At least we're getting closer to the deadline!
Reply 319
Original post by leahcar42
I got an unconditional for Fashion Design at GSA today!

well done! seeyah there lol! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest