The Student Room Group

Law Applicants 2012 Offer Thread

Scroll to see replies

@Finbarr

thank you :smile: I was wondering if london is really very expensive and cold, as I have been told, because I'm from Singapore and I really dislike the cold. Though everyone's been saying that LSE is terribly nerdy..
Reply 221
Original post by amjustagirl
@Finbarr

thank you :smile: I was wondering if london is really very expensive and cold, as I have been told, because I'm from Singapore and I really dislike the cold. Though everyone's been saying that LSE is terribly nerdy..

If you don't like the cold you may have made a mistake in applying to Universities in England :tongue:
Durham will probably be the coldest as it's furthest north if that helps!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 222
@Finbarr

I think London unis are not as cold compared to Durham and Notts. And ditto what Bea said :tongue:
Reply 223
@Finbarr

Ah. London is basically the warmest part of the country, for reasons I don't understand - have a look at a weather map. I would say rent, alcohol, cinema tickets, and city-centre-bought junk food, will be the main differences between London and anywhere else in the country, cost-wise, although getting student accommodation may help *somewhat* with rent, using the student bar/discounts for entertainments is another thing, and cooking decent food another.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about LSE being nerdy. The word seems to me to indicate a bizarre pejorative perspective, on the human qualities of studiousness and diligence, especially odd given this forum's context. Why wouldn't the top students be studious?
Reply 224
P.S. if you don't need to rush with your choice, then I'd suggest taking as much time as you need to do research on each place for yourself.
Reply 225
Although to be fair on our weather, it's glorious here in the Midlands today! Like a little Summer in March :biggrin:

I think pollution has a little something to do with London's warmth, especially in Summer. It's like a little greenhouse! But yeah as a a rule, English weather= not the best.
Oxford
Rejection - (Booooo)

Manchester
Unconditional

Leicester
Unconditional

UEA
Unconditional

Reading
Unconditional
Reply 227
Hey guys!!

Help me choose between Leicester LLB & Cardiff LLB Law with Poli.
Would be sosososo grateful if you help.
I'm an international student by the way~
Reply 228
anyone can provide some extra info that can help me decide??

exeter, manchester or leeds for llb law!
Reply 229
Does anyone have any idea what law firms would prefer - graduates from manchester or southampton law school?

I just can't make up my mind on which offer to accept.
Reply 230
Sussex
A*AB or AAA (law and politics)
Offer 9th nov
Ucas sent 26th oct

Exeter
AAA
Offer 13th nov
Ucas sent 26th oct
Offered from KCL for LLB!

Quick Reply

Latest