The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5780
It has to be the Undertaker. It could well be his last Wrestlemania too then, could finish with a streak of 21-0.
Reply 5781
Original post by Jim-Jam
It has to be the Undertaker. It could well be his last Wrestlemania too then, could finish with a streak of 21-0.

Why does it have to be? We'd know who would win, and Rock and Taker aren't bestest friends.

Every WrestleMania for the past and future 4 or 5 years have been possibly Undertaker's last.
Reply 5782
Original post by nonotrly

Every WrestleMania for the past and future 4 or 5 years have been possibly Undertaker's last.

Will be if you put him against some athletic young guy as has been suggested. Rock/Taker would be awesome but then who else? Who else has warranted a shot? Maybe Cena, because he's run his course now tbh.
Reply 5783
Original post by Jim-Jam
Will be if you put him against some athletic young guy as has been suggested. Rock/Taker would be awesome but then who else? Who else has warranted a shot? Maybe Cena, because he's run his course now tbh.

If Cena beats Rock, which is to be expected, then Taker would make sense. However, if next year was to be Taker's last, and he's going up against a current wrestler like Cena, Taker would lose. That would be overkill.
I can't see Brock vs. Rock - already been done at Summerslam 2002. Although, the WWE have a habit of rematches aka HHH vs. Taker. I wouldn't mind Austin vs. Lesnar as that's not been done before. Not too sure either on Rock vs. Taker either, no real reason for them to be tussling.

Not sure whether the announcing a year before is worth it. It was done for Rock vs. Cena and some might say, the feud's only picked up over the last month or so. A year before should only be done if it's a major match aka Rock vs. Cena.
Christian is out of wrestlemania - not watching wrestlemania now - if he does not get into a feud with CM punk after mania over the wwe title than I am not watching wwe all together. The way their best worker gets treated is a disgrace.
Reply 5786
Original post by kingshan16
Christian is out of wrestlemania - not watching wrestlemania now - if he does not get into a feud with CM punk after mania over the wwe title than I am not watching wwe all together. The way their best worker gets treated is a disgrace.

Well, that's subjective, and is Christian marketable or just a respectable wrestler? It's all about the marketing today.
Original post by Gridiron-Gangster

Either that or a possible Cena rematch or maybe a fight with CM Punk? Also I'm sure WWE will chase Sting again as his contract with TNA is up soon so that may well be on the cards for the Undertaker.

I don't think WWE really care about Sting at this point, he hasn't been marketable now for around a decade. If he still had any star power left Impact Wrestling would draw a decent rating but nobody tunes in anymore.

We've already seen Rock/Undertaker and it wasn't a particularly good match when both guys were in their prime.
Original post by IanDangerously
I don't think WWE really care about Sting at this point, he hasn't been marketable now for around a decade. If he still had any star power left Impact Wrestling would draw a decent rating but nobody tunes in anymore.

We've already seen Rock/Undertaker and it wasn't a particularly good match when both guys were in their prime.

TBH I see the Undertaker bowing out this year with a naustalgic hell in a cell, true to 90's form. This includes going on top of the cage etc, with him finally prevailing but calling it quits at the same time.

Is it possible to have double count outs in hell in a cell? One angle WWE could go with is using a double count out as a technical draw for Undertaker which ends his winning streak but preserves zero loss.

I think the best option is to call it 20:0 with him winning this year though, if not he'l have to do something next year (and I dont want that, because no one out there can match this years card).
Reply 5789
Original post by rickjames
Is it possible to have double count outs in hell in a cell? One angle WWE could go with is using a double count out as a technical draw for Undertaker which ends his winning streak but preserves zero loss.

No, but yes. This is the company that had a hardcore match end in disqualification.
TBH I see the Undertaker bowing out this year with a naustalgic hell in a cell, true to 90's form. This includes going on top of the cage etc, with him finally prevailing but calling it quits at the same time.

I think the best option is to call it 20:0 with him winning this year though, if not he'l have to do something next year (and I dont want that, because no one out there can match this years card).

They can't go on top of the cell anymore because since its been rebuilt its about 22 feet high whereas the old one was 16. Plus with Takers medical condition there's no way he's going to be taking that kind of risk.

I guess technically they could have both guys counted out if they do some kind of crazy move and neither can get up before the 10. I'm pretty sure this is his last year though so he'll go out 20-0. Its amazing he managed to have the quality of match he did last year honestly at this point.
No, but yes. This is the company that had a hardcore match end in disqualification.

Hah, yeah the inconsistencies in WWE are horrific at times so I wouldn't put it past the dim witted writers.

Speaking of inconsistencies, what was your thoughts in the Cena Rap V Rock Concert? I personally thought Rock was amazing, taking his normal promo's to a new level (he's never cussed fans as a face, or spoken about the rival's mum. Thats evolution for me!). WWE posted a poll on the site where Cena won by an overwhelming amount, surely rigged?! I mean Cena came out with his alter ego rapping character and ironically continued cussing The Rock from being a different person outside the ring. Inconsistent and generic.

Original post by IanDangerously
They can't go on top of the cell anymore because since its been rebuilt its about 22 feet high whereas the old one was 16. Plus with Takers medical condition there's no way he's going to be taking that kind of risk.

I guess technically they could have both guys counted out if they do some kind of crazy move and neither can get up before the 10. I'm pretty sure this is his last year though so he'll go out 20-0. Its amazing he managed to have the quality of match he did last year honestly at this point.

Yeah his condition is pretty poor, he looked lethargic against HHH, I still think his 2 matches with HBK will be greater than any match he'l be booked in. If this is his last year, I'd love to see the tribute he gets afterwards. Biggest one I've seen thus far is Ric Flair.
Reply 5792
Speaking of inconsistencies, what was your thoughts in the Cena Rap V Rock Concert?

From what I've seen of Raw, Cena had a couple of minutes at the start of the show where he used his old gimmick, which looks like desperation rather than nostalgia. If you back a controversial decision (Cena's babyface) against the mass of critics, you go all the way. You don't drop it for Scott Carson in the last match, especially when you were actually being vindicated recently.

Meanwhile, The Rock had the entire crowd in the palm of his hand, had the commentators stifling laughter, and did it for an entire 20 minutes.

It's like even the bookers are against Cena now, completely burying him. Except now they're not. Plus, Rock's still being a heel. What goes on in their heads?

In fact, this feud is incredibly damaging for Cena. It's like election month - all the rabid fans will stick by one no matter what from start to finish, but The Rock has got all the swing voters, even the ones who were previously voting Cena. Add to that The Rock seems to have far more fans than Cena did in the first place (and Twitter followers, WWE loves Twitter).

I think people cared more a year ago when it was announced.

The feud completely lacks intensity. It's just two guys making 'ur gay' and 'ur mom' jokes. They're fighting mainly because they've been contracted to fight. I'm not convinved they hate each other, that they want to kill each other. Heck, they're acting like friends taking the piss out of each other!
(edited 12 years ago)

The feud completely lacks intensity. It's just two guys making 'ur gay' and 'ur mom' jokes. They're fighting mainly because they've been contracted to fight. I'm not convinved they hate each other, that they want to kill each other. Heck, they're acting like friends taking the piss out of each other!

Exactly true.It would have been better if they actually made it look something like a "rivalry"..and what about 'Rocky' showing up his childhood pics and videos--Truly a childish feud:smile:
rock meme.gif

So I made this just now..
Well, that's subjective, and is Christian marketable or just a respectable wrestler? It's all about the marketing today.

Christian is very marketable you only have to look at his work in 2005 - he became so huge he was get the most pops out of anyone but WWE decided to push Cena and Batista instead.

Christian has everything mic skills, promo skills and wrestling skills which I believe are only second to D Bryan. He can work with about anyone and make them look way more good than that they are e.g Borton. His selling is the best in the business. He is a very respected worker. Rock even said back in the day Christian was his favourite current wrestler. You only have to look at this work in TNA to show he is more than able to carry a company by himself.

The problem is Vince does not seem to like him for some reason. The way they book Christian and treat him is a disgrace e.g loosing the title 2 days after he won it wtf. Even though he gets aweful treatment he has created a mega fan base that itself is a credit to him.

I know Christian will never get the true spotlight he deserves to shine on him while Vince is around. But it makes me sad to see the way he gets treated.
Reply 5796
I wish they could have made the storylines for Wrestlemania better :frown:

Jericho- Punk: Banter

Cena- Rock- Banter

Sheamus- Bryan- Mostly Banter

HHH- Taker- Banter

Kane- Orton: Kind of pointless but hope it's a good match

12 Man Tag match- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz oh well still better then the Divas Match
Reply 5797
Original post by kingshan16
The problem is Vince does not seem to like him for some reason. The way they book Christian and treat him is a disgrace e.g loosing the title 2 days after he won it wtf. Even though he gets aweful treatment he has created a mega fan base that itself is a credit to him.

I had my own theory back when it happened, and a few points are important to understand.

Firstly, he was still ex-TNA. People who go to TNA don't get the big prize. Worse is that he chose to leave WWE, who offered him a contract, to go to TNA.

The only exception I've seen so far is Jeff Hardy, who has James Bond luck when it comes to career. I think Jeff is simply unexplainable, we all know someone who tries their best to throw everything away yet catches all the breaks.

Secondly, WWE consider RAW to be synonymous with WWE. There have been a few times when someone like Triple H has said 'WWE' instead of 'RAW'. A pattern I've seen with Smackdown champions is that they all seem to be sympathy champs - ones who all could be RAW champs but have something missing that they'll never resolve. Whether it be Daniel Bryan's size, Mark Henry's dodgy stiffness and lack of charisma or Big Show's ****ty matches. WWE would love Daniel to be at least 5' 11", or nice guys Show and Henry to have a great match every now and then. So they have sympathy. There are more examples.

Thirdly is Edge's retirement. My theory was that Edge was always scheduled to beat Del Rio at WrestleMania, and then to build Del Rio up more, but when Edge had to retire Smackdown was left with no viable champs. Christian was ex-TNA and Henry and Del Rio weren't ready or scheduled to be champs yet. So they quickly drafted Orton in, but it would be too late for the PPV. So they took advantage of Christian's history with Edge and made a storyline out of it with a feel-good win. The moment Orton was available, the next SD after the PPV, they could put the title on Orton as the face champ they wanted, then end the Christian storyline eventually by making him heel.
I had my own theory back when it happened, and a few points are important to understand.

Firstly, he was still ex-TNA. People who go to TNA don't get the big prize. Worse is that he chose to leave WWE, who offered him a contract, to go to TNA.

The only exception I've seen so far is Jeff Hardy, who has James Bond luck when it comes to career. I think Jeff is simply unexplainable, we all know someone who tries their best to throw everything away yet catches all the breaks.

Secondly, WWE consider RAW to be synonymous with WWE. There have been a few times when someone like Triple H has said 'WWE' instead of 'RAW'. A pattern I've seen with Smackdown champions is that they all seem to be sympathy champs - ones who all could be RAW champs but have something missing that they'll never resolve. Whether it be Daniel Bryan's size, Mark Henry's dodgy stiffness and lack of charisma or Big Show's ****ty matches. WWE would love Daniel to be at least 5' 11", or nice guys Show and Henry to have a great match every now and then. So they have sympathy. There are more examples.

Thirdly is Edge's retirement. My theory was that Edge was always scheduled to beat Del Rio at WrestleMania, and then to build Del Rio up more, but when Edge had to retire Smackdown was left with no viable champs. Christian was ex-TNA and Henry and Del Rio weren't ready or scheduled to be champs yet. So they quickly drafted Orton in, but it would be too late for the PPV. So they took advantage of Christian's history with Edge and made a storyline out of it with a feel-good win. The moment Orton was available, the next SD after the PPV, they could put the title on Orton as the face champ they wanted, then end the Christian storyline eventually by making him heel.

Yup totally mate, I agree with that mate. Vince himself does not see Christian as a main event candidate. He considers him as "good hand" to have in putting over new talent and working with new stars e.g he made Del Rio work with Christian when he first came into WWE.

You are right totally about the Borton angle they were doing, I also think they wanted to take Christian out the title seen soon as he lost it on that Smackdown but after all the mega "Backlash" they recieved via facebook and twitter they decided it was best to put him in a programme with Borton and let him have another pity region. But he more than showed he can work main event and work with main event talent. Borton himself said Christian has been one of the best people he ever worked with in a radio interview. He even made crap booking and crap character development work - he got the crowd into the "one more match" gimmick.

I am hoping he gets in a programme with Punk after mania, I know he will not win the wwe title but the promos and matches they would put on would be epic. Also I know this would never happen put that "shoot" Punk did the only other person that could have done that would be Christian. Not for similar reasons but yeah somewhere close.
Reply 5799
The fall of WrestleMania in short:

Mr. T and Muhammad Ali -> Ozzy Osbourne -> Alice Cooper -> Pamela Anderson -> Mike Tyson -> Donald Trump -> Floyd Mayweather and Snoop Dogg -> Some short girl from some fake-reality show -> Some girl called Maria who isn't the Maria you're thinking of.