The Student Room Group

Multiculturalism v Uniculturalism? THE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by StuPro
If you wish to cite a source for your statement of, 'orchestrated deaths of.....'

My statement regarding a point of fact from the life of the Prophet Muhammad was to just state an example of women's rights within the history of Islam. If you wish to begin a dispute a historical event, then dispute my statement at hand.

If you wish to point out the genocide of proponents of a particular religion, then I call Hitler to the stand. A white, self-labelled Christian. But that is superfluous to our discussion. Your statement in no way contradicts my assertion of evidencing women's rights in Islam. A poor response. You could have searched google and come up with contemporary evidence that would have been more credit worthy.

Irish culture is more like British culture than Islamic culture. For a start, what is Islamic culture? I presume you are a UK national by the content of your ramblings, how up to date is your knowledge of the World. For a start, when recalling the example of Irish immigration to England I was actually referring to the attitude of the general population to this influx. It was a comparison of your attitude today to the attitude of people then and how with time people realise how utterly stupid it is. Not a direct comparison of Irish and Islamic culture.

Next point, marital rape was only outlawed in this country in 1991, it is still illegal for homosexual couples to marry, etc, etc. To say that this country is tolerant is not exactly true. You, today, are a clear demonstration. Further, this is a debate about multiculturalism, not religion. If you wish to include religion then let us return to our pagan roots. Also, if you did not know, Jesus was not white. Nor, is Father Christmas real. Tell me, why can you be so accepting and supportive of the influx of one middle eastern religion but not another? Neither have white origins.

If you wish to compare and contrast religions, then start a new thread. I am in no way a proponent of either religion, nor do I hold enough knowledge of either to enter a serious debate.

I am not concerned about media as I am able to disseminate fact from fiction, subjective from the objective. There are others in this country that cannot. For example, you and your ilk are bandying around the statement 'genocide by mass immigration', a quick google clearly shows this sentence being popularised and distributed widely as an anti immigration slogan. Point demonstrated.

None of my statements have in anyway shown I am anti-white. Do you believe in evolution by the way? How do you suppose that the differences in our skin tones, etc, came about? Where are homo-sapiens believed to have originated?

If you really wish to help the 'white race' I suggest you start a new thread arguing against sun tanning, sun beds, fake tan, hair extensions and duck face.

I will not be replying to any more of your drivel as I am no longer prepared to provide you a platform. Good luck in life and all the best.

tl;dr - you just wasted 5 minutes of your life :rofl:

http://www.islam-watch.org/SyedKamranMirza/Muhammad-Killing-Jews-of-Banu-Quraiza-and-Khaybar.htm
After the Battle of the Ditch, when the coalition force of Quraish left the battle field, Prophet Muhammad attacked the last of the large Jewish tribes of Medina, the Banu Qurayza. After a 25 days siege, they (Jews) surrender unconditionally. In the end, all 600-700 males of the tribe were killed and the women and children sold into slavery
Reply 61
Original post by StuPro
Referring to me being anti-white I recall your previous post.

What is this I don't even...

Since when did ethnicity come into this?
Reply 62
Why do you have to go post such stupid sources - it just goads me into replying.

I am not a proponent of Islam. Lets just get this straight. I just have a real issue with where you are getting these so-called facts from. Also, you have posted the appropriate couple of lines, however, what you have done is remove the word 'Gist:' immediately prior. The quote you have provided is from a website, who are paraphrasing to their own ends, a text, that has been translated from another language. You really need to learn to understand the provenance of your sources.....

The site is run by, and written by, people who have left the Islamic faith and have purposefully written the website in order to discourage believers or those interested in Islam. If you had actually quoted a historian or a historical text I would have believed you. However, we all know how people can write subjectively about past events and interpretation of text. Tell me, have you read any of the translations of Ibn-Ishaq's texts. Do you know if it is a first hand account?

Like I said earlier, I am not here to defend a particular religion. I just take issue with self-serving propaganda.

You held up the British as being tolerant, etc, etc and keep on ranting about genocide of the white population. Here is a 'fact' for you, a study by ORB international has estimated over 1,000,000 Iraqis have been murdered since the invasion in 2003. These results were published in 2007. The link to a press release is below, follow a link to ORB International to find out about who they are. Do not trust my word on it! Anyway, how many British white people do you feel have been murdered since 2003 as a result of its immigration policy? How does this compare to your 'genocide by mass immigration'.

Our policy is by no means perfect, nor do we as a nation always follow correct international protocol. We clearly have a lot to learn as a nation still.

Anyway goodnight. Please do not post anything more about religion or skin colour to me as it is nothing to do with this thread. I suppose if you want to relate shariah law in the British legal system or something then go ahead, but you will not have me responding to it. Also, reserve from branding me anti-white, I really am not. I really do take offence to that accusation and feel it is slanderous. I am not branding you a racist, as I am sure if your argument was taken by somebody with an education and the appropriate skills then they may be able to produce figures of the predicted future demographic of this country. That then, may be a point for serious debate and question.

I apologise for how condescending I have been throughout my posts. I really do suggest though you research and read more into what you feel you believe at this moment in time. Also get to the root of the figures, accounts being quoted. At least then, you may be able to adequately defend it without resorting to name calling. I take no issue with accepting facts, just poorly constructed subjective assertions.

Again, I will repeat, this thread is about multiculturalism vs uniculturalism, not the perceived extinction of Caucasians.
Reply 64
Original post by Tahooper
What is this I don't even...

Since when did ethnicity come into this?

Since my post a previous post where I was accused of being anti-white has been moderated and removed. It went along the lines of my statement of that I am white is exactly the kind of thing an anti-white would state, etc, etc. I sincerely apologise if it was not you, unfortunately I cannot now remember the poster as I am very tired.

However, I have been addressing you and another poster in my replies. By your response I will give you the benefit of the doubt and presume that it was the other poster, so please take it as that. I will edit my post to remove the quote.
Reply 65
Just checked, it was 100% not you and so I am sorry to have said it was. I have removed the post. Trying to reply to three people whilst tired not a good mix.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 66
Original post by democracyforum
I think race is more important than culture.

With that kind of statement, I think you need to clarify what you mean by the word "race".
Original post by Oswy
Social policy? Are you serious? You think British culture should be reducable to whatever government policies dictate. You're in danger of identifying yourself as a cultural fascist.

You're getting my point backwards here. I'm not saying that social policy decides culture. What I am saying is culture decides social policy. There are things that are in British culture (and western culture in general) that define our laws. You have only to look to countries in Africa, the Middle East and Far East to see different social policies are based on different cultural norms and values (religion in particular). Different cultures see different things as acceptable, unacceptable, normal, taboo, etc etc. The more different the culture is, the more norms and values that are likely to be different, and the more social interests and tolerances that are likely to conflict, thus causing difficulties in establishing fair and effective social policy for the population to live by and social cohesion.
Reply 68
Original post by Dandaman1
You're getting my point backwards here. I'm not saying that social policy decides culture. What I am saying is culture decides social policy. .

by culture, do you mean any predominant (socio-political) ideology espoused by the populace and government, as well as the econometrics of immigration? I don't think it's that simple @ culture decides social policy.

So that they can actually get along with each other, what did you think the point of multiculturalism was in the first place?

you tell me.

Spoiler

Original post by StuPro
Why do you have to go post such stupid sources - it just goads me into replying.

I am not a proponent of Islam. Lets just get this straight. I just have a real issue with where you are getting these so-called facts from. Also, you have posted the appropriate couple of lines, however, what you have done is remove the word 'Gist:' immediately prior. The quote you have provided is from a website, who are paraphrasing to their own ends, a text, that has been translated from another language. You really need to learn to understand the provenance of your sources.....

The site is run by, and written by, people who have left the Islamic faith and have purposefully written the website in order to discourage believers or those interested in Islam. If you had actually quoted a historian or a historical text I would have believed you. However, we all know how people can write subjectively about past events and interpretation of text. Tell me, have you read any of the translations of Ibn-Ishaq's texts. Do you know if it is a first hand account?

Like I said earlier, I am not here to defend a particular religion. I just take issue with self-serving propaganda.

You held up the British as being tolerant, etc, etc and keep on ranting about genocide of the white population. Here is a 'fact' for you, a study by ORB international has estimated over 1,000,000 Iraqis have been murdered since the invasion in 2003. These results were published in 2007. The link to a press release is below, follow a link to ORB International to find out about who they are. Do not trust my word on it! Anyway, how many British white people do you feel have been murdered since 2003 as a result of its immigration policy? How does this compare to your 'genocide by mass immigration'.

Our policy is by no means perfect, nor do we as a nation always follow correct international protocol. We clearly have a lot to learn as a nation still.

Anyway goodnight. Please do not post anything more about religion or skin colour to me as it is nothing to do with this thread. I suppose if you want to relate shariah law in the British legal system or something then go ahead, but you will not have me responding to it. Also, reserve from branding me anti-white, I really am not. I really do take offence to that accusation and feel it is slanderous. I am not branding you a racist, as I am sure if your argument was taken by somebody with an education and the appropriate skills then they may be able to produce figures of the predicted future demographic of this country. That then, may be a point for serious debate and question.

I apologise for how condescending I have been throughout my posts. I really do suggest though you research and read more into what you feel you believe at this moment in time. Also get to the root of the figures, accounts being quoted. At least then, you may be able to adequately defend it without resorting to name calling. I take no issue with accepting facts, just poorly constructed subjective assertions.

Again, I will repeat, this thread is about multiculturalism vs uniculturalism, not the perceived extinction of Caucasians.

http://bit.ly/JlDk81
(edited 11 years ago)
Multiculturalism hasnt worked anyway, its just a number of communities keeping to themselves and being slightly suspicious and isolated from the others. Tell me im wrong or that we've truly intergrated into a thriving culturally rich society with a straight face.
Reply 70
Original post by AverageExcellence
Multiculturalism hasnt worked anyway, its just a number of communities keeping to themselves and being slightly suspicious and isolated from the others. Tell me im wrong or that we've truly intergrated into a thriving culturally rich society with a straight face.

Depends on how you see multiculturalism. There is many fine examples of multiculturalism in the world, but the reason you don't think about them is because you see them as a normal part of your everyday life.
What is 'integration' and what does it achieve?
Reply 72
Eating foreign-based food does not mean you follow whatever culture that food came from :facepalm2:

Food is an aspect of human cultural life, as is music, as are clothing preferences, so you're making a category error. The three examples I give here prove overwhelmingly that when people have cultural freedom they take up all kinds of multicultural orientations. You can't plausibly argue that things like food preferences aren't examples of culture just because they don't fit your position.
Reply 73

I think you're confusing multiculturalism with integrationism.
Reply 74
Original post by Oswy
I think you're confusing multiculturalism with integrationism.

How can people of different cultures do anything other than segregate themselves? If one culture believes in democracy and equal rights for women (like modern Christianity/Judaism) and another culture believes in theocracy and unequal rights for women (like but not limited to Islam etc.) then of course they are not going to get a long which is where multiculturalism falls short.
Reply 75
How can people of different cultures do anything other than segregate themselves? If one culture believes in democracy and equal rights for women (like modern Christianity/Judaism) and another culture believes in theocracy and unequal rights for women (like but not limited to Islam etc.) then of course they are not going to get a long which is where multiculturalism falls short.

I'm sorry. But what religious books and studies have you read to come to these conclusions?

I am not vilifying anybody in particular, but it is no lie that Islam is much more intolerant religion than the likes of Christianity and Judaism, even Hinduism and Sikhism are more tolerant than the religious cesspit that is Islam.

What was this supposed to imply?
Reply 77
Original post by SaintSoldier
What was this supposed to imply?

That most middle-eastern/asian religions have became more tolerant in recent years.
Reply 78
Original post by FatCharlie
I'm sorry. But what religious books and studies have you read to come to these conclusions?

Please actually read what I said before replying.
That most middle-eastern/asian religions have became more tolerant in recent years.

With the implication that Sikhism wasn't tolerant in the past?

If that is what you were implying, then you are quite clearly wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest