The Student Room Group

Higher Maths 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
anyone know the answers for the multipl choice ?
Reply 761
Original post by Jxck
Am I the only one who found it actually okay? :s

I didn't find it too bad, paper two had a few tricky ones in it, but I had a stab at them :smile: still confident for an A I think. wby?
Reply 762
Original post by Jxck

lol Probably not, but your probably in the minority.

I didn't find it as difficult as some here are suggesting, but it was definately harder than I expected.
Reply 763
Original post by lapples
The invigilators were just giving us sympathetic looks all throughout as people were restlessly moving and sighing, and crying.
i think paper one was not too bad, but what the hell was paper 2?

Have the SQA just decided "to hell with it, they've done all the past papers, but we'll give them something that looks like nothing they'll have seen before!" ARGGGH!!! :argh:

Yeah! The invigilators kept looking around sympathetically as nearly everyone was still there when there was five minutes, and there was a few people crying also. Aaargh, so annoyed at the SQA!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad A
Reply 764
did anyone else get 3.41 for 7 (b)?
Reply 765
Well i worked out journey from PQ so q - p Then i used point L2.
I did the distance fomula and got sqaure root of 169 which seemed right to be but who knows. Hopefully someone will make a worked solution on the paper.
Original post by StudyAk
what did everyone get on the last question part (c) in paper 1 where you had to find the shortest distance between PQ and L2, i got 13 units

Also i had like 4 A's in a row in multiple choice questions:eek:

I got root10 over 2 :s-smilie:
Original post by CSR
I got root 10/4 as well

Thank goodness. Looks like I got vaguely the right answer :tongue:
Reply 768
Original post by StudyAk
what did everyone get on the last question part (c) in paper 1 where you had to find the shortest distance between PQ and L2, i got 13 units

Also i had like 4 A's in a row in multiple choice questions:eek:

i got 1. Then wrote a statement about how the distance would be constant as they were parallel. Probably really obvious, but it means I look like I know what i'm talking about :tongue:

has anyone got their answers for Section A?
1.C
2.D
3.B
4.B
5.A
6.C
7.A
8.C
9.A
10.B
11.D
12.B
13.D
14.A
15.D
16.C
17.D
18.D
19.B
20.A

My M.C answers, I think most are right.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 770
Was that paper 2 actually serious? My teacher was almost crying never mind anything else! AAAA :frown:
Reply 771
I found Paper 1 really easy, then Paper 2 was such a shock. I think I managed to get an answer to all the questions except for 2b and all of qu 7, but I'm still hoping for an A
Original post by CSR
I got root 10/4 as well

I got that and then simplified to (root10)/2
Reply 773
Original post by nothing_but_sky
I got root10 over 2 :s-smilie:

Me too!
Reply 774
Original post by AspiringVet
I got root 10/4, as did a couple of my friends. But then some other people got 5. :confused:

I got that too!

Paper 2 was such a bad paper! Aargh :frown:
Original post by Jxck

O my...thank goodness i found someone who found it allright. yeahh...me too.... thought it wasn't that bad . :O
Original post by katoes
I found Paper 1 really easy, then Paper 2 was such a shock. I think I managed to get an answer to all the questions except for 2b and all of qu 7, but I'm still hoping for an A

Yeah Paper 2 was quite Difficult :P I didn't get 6 or 7 but maybe picked up some marks on 6. Unless x=0 on 6 was the only answer >.>

Still Think I got an A :smile:
Reply 777
Original post by CalvinJay
did anyone else get 3.41 for 7 (b)?

I got something like that but my marking for that question was all over the paper. Never seen a question like that before.
Reply 778
my M.C answers were, ? after means i guessed

1. C
2. D
3. B
4. B
5. A
6. C
7. A
8. C
9. A
10.B
11.D
12.A ?
13.B
14.A
15.D?
16.D
17.A?
18.B?
19.B
20.D
Reply 779
Original post by Kirsty8
Apparently it was a new setter this year for higher maths and I thought it was quite obvious...even the format of the questions were different!

They where I know they test you on the same things but I've only seen q 1 and 2 a before

Quick Reply

Latest