The Student Room Group

TSR Dance Society!

Scroll to see replies

chocolatecheese
well....if you want a ballerina girlfriend, then why don't you learn ballet? you'll be surrounded by them :smile:

i'm hoping there is a dance society at oxford, especially a ballet one, as i really want to carry it on....

Na, thanks to my mother I gave it a try at 5 years old and didn't like it, except for the whole 'good toes and naughty toes' business - when I find my ballerina I will have her do that all the time :biggrin: :wink:
Hi peeps,

I gave up dancing a couple of years ago but am now joining an adult modern jazz class cos I miss dancing and it beats joining a gym to do some exercise!
pendragon
Na, thanks to my mother I gave it a try at 5 years old and didn't like it, except for the whole 'good toes and naughty toes' business - when I find my ballerina I will have her do that all the time :biggrin: :wink:

hehe!!! good toes and naughty toes!!!!! i still have to do that because i teach the lil kiddies at my dance school....but don't judge dancing just on your experience when you was 5....it does progress further than good n naughty toes y'know :wink:
as for your Ballerina girlfriend...assuming your not going for a 5 year old, im sure they might be able to do something a bit more impressive than good toes and naughty toes :p: but....what ever floats your boat i guess:wink:
Princess Of Darkness
Hi peeps,

I gave up dancing a couple of years ago but am now joining an adult modern jazz class cos I miss dancing and it beats joining a gym to do some exercise!

Good for you :smile:

we've had a lot of peeps starting dancing again, especially modern jazz and ballet...its such good exercise...one of the best, and its one of the very few activities in which you use both sides of your brain :smile:
well the splits would be looked on favourably too! :wink:
im sure they would :rolleyes:
Reply 86
I started learning salsa, jaiv and cha-cha last year but had to stop due to exams. Will be starting again next year, I just hope I haven't forgotten the steps.
you will be suprised at how quickly they will come back to you :wink:
Reply 88
chocolatecheese
you will be suprised at how quickly they will come back to you :wink:
Yep :biggrin: Kind of like riding a bike..
exactly :biggrin:
any one got any dance exams or shows coming up soon?
hi !!!:smile:
i wish to join your Society, :p: :biggrin:
:biggrin: :biggrin:
welcome aboard!!! :biggrin:

just click the "join this soc" link and i will add you.
(if you are in to many societies then i will just add you to the member list anyway)
hiya, i'm also in this society too so thought I would tell y'all a bit about myself. Im 17 and have been dancing for nearly 15 years. I do ballet, tap, modern, jazz, pointe and contemporary. I took my IDTA intermediate last year and I'm going to be taking my RAD Grade 8 ballet in a few weeks (very scary!!).
I'm leaving my dance school at the start of the summber holiday because I am going to university so if anyone knows of any good dance schools in the centre of Lincoln please let me know.
chocolatecheese
im sure they would :rolleyes:

Im got into LSE for my masters. Where abouts in London can I find a ballerina girlfriend? :redface:
pendragon
Im got into LSE for my masters. Where abouts in London can I find a ballerina girlfriend? :redface:

london is full of ballerinas!!! the Royal Ballet school is there!
you'll have no problem!!! :biggrin:
miss_giggles
hiya, i'm also in this society too so thought I would tell y'all a bit about myself. Im 17 and have been dancing for nearly 15 years. I do ballet, tap, modern, jazz, pointe and contemporary. I took my IDTA intermediate last year and I'm going to be taking my RAD Grade 8 ballet in a few weeks (very scary!!).
I'm leaving my dance school at the start of the summber holiday because I am going to university so if anyone knows of any good dance schools in the centre of Lincoln please let me know.

good luck with your dance exams....i've got my modern exam on the 1st of july...should have been doing Ballet too, but its too much work for me to do with my alevels.
im sure theres some good dance schools at Lincoln....have you searched on the uni website?...they might have some listed on there:smile:
Reply 96
hey can i please join?! :redface: I can only belly dance though..
hey!! sure you can join :smile:
(sorry i haven't updated the soc recently....im revising like crazy...and still have two more to go!! boooo!)

wow! you can belly dance? cool! :biggrin:

(click the "join this soc" link and i will add you :smile: )
Reply 98
Hey!

Well I've been dancing since I was six, but probably danced in my living room before then. I did ballet for 5 years and then stupidly quit as I felt school was more important. I so wish I still did it. I've also done Jazz for 7 years. For the past year I have taken up Ballroom and Latin American dancing and I absolutely love it! Next year I'm hoping to start salsa and irish. Love dancing to bits, I'm not any good at it, but love doing it all the same!
lol, you're like me then, i love dancing so much...but im rubbish! :p:
I might take up Salsa at uni, its looks good :smile: is it difficult to pick up?

Update: I have just added you to the society :smile: welcome aboard!

Quick Reply